How would you make FerrariChat.com better? | Page 89 | FerrariChat

How would you make FerrariChat.com better?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Apr 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Wow... never seen someone put so much energy into not buying a car and not calling someone about buying a car.

The ignore feature appears to work for sponsors too, so that’s always an option.

As to making the forum better, I’d love to see a user option for turning the profanity filter on or off as an individual choice. If I understand correctly that’s not currently an option with current software?

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

That is REALLY a cool concept. Shouldn't be impossible, right? Although I'd guess you'd have to make MAJOR changes to the software because now it blanks out the profanity (hard coded) into the thread. So instead you'd have to make it interactive,and with a couple thousand users on at a time, it might really cause a drag on the speed of the site.

Still, I like the idea of individually determined levels of tolerance for expletives. Maybe be able to set your view to G, PG, R or holy ****!!. (wonder if it would work for images too!! :eek:)

D

3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Actually it's bleeping it in real time as it displays. If I go to the original source to edit, I still see the un-bleeped word. That means that the database is keeping the original source, which would make it feasible to someday allow the option of setting ratings levels to allow user-controlled bleeping.

That being said, I doubt it's a real high priority on Rob's developer's list.

4. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Why would I waste time? I've wasted time before trying to sell a car and all you get is an agreed upon price and then minutes before the deal is supposed to close a 15% haircut from the guy. This has happened with multiple other people as well, use the search function. So why would I even bother calling about a car with no price listed? So I can call and he can give me some bogus price? Look at all his listings, none of them sell for his original ask, the ones that allegedly sell, they move a long time later at a way lower price. There's a reason that "super rare" care of his hasn't sold........so it doesn't look like im the only one to ignore him and his games.....anyways thanks for your input on the matter

5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

no ****? Really??

Now I'm gonna go look at the editable code. :D

Son of a *****, you're right. that makes it easy peasy, doesn't it?

D

6. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Thought you didn't swear? :)

7. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

as stated previously. I don't swear OUT LOUD. :D

And this was a test, a friggn' test.

D

Dave rocks likes this.
  8. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    rob lay likes this.
  9. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Can you have the post # of a post that is replied to or quoted included in the new post.
    A post I was reading replied to a post, I wanted to find that post , it would have been easier if I knew the post #.
    just saying.

Also I think this thread should be a sticky here.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    If you reply and quote there is a direct link to orginal post.

We’ve found sticky threads get less activity, users just glance right over it because always there. If brought back up like now it will generate some more activity.

11. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I am missing it, the direct link. Is it supposed to be the arrow next to the poster's name. iow I do not see anywhere in the replied post where it is in the thread, where is the direct link you speak of?

12. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    I've noticed that those up-arrow links on quoted posts don't work as links in the browsers I use.
    I use Google Chrome on a laptop and iPad Safari.

When I click on an up-arrow link, it loads the specific post's URL in the browser's web address field but the browser doesn't go anywhere to load the referenced post. Doesn't do it whether the quoted post is on the same web page or on a prior web page in a thread.

Rob, do those up-arrow links work for you? If yes, what browser do you use?