How would you make FerrariChat.com better? | Page 24 | FerrariChat

How would you make FerrariChat.com better?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Apr 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I don´t know if it´s my browser or what, but since the last month the Ferrarichat logo in the top right corner of the page appears like compressed horizontally and moved to the right. It´s not the end of the world but it looks ugly.

Oh, and more moderation in the Formula 1 section. Things get scary there sometimes.

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Supposed to be that way----The left and middle have ads there now......

3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Godaddy has a VERY easy wesite builder if you host it thru them. I have no idea how to do that stuff and built my Stickynomore site with it--Worked like a charm.....

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I have a database, but the the information in it isn't the only information I want on the site. And then there's some information in it that I don't want on the site. It's all very complex and therefore needs to be custom built - and not by the less-than-novice likes of myself. It will come, in time.

Yeah, that's where I bought my URLs, and I saw the offers to host and build when I made the purchase. But what I want is far more advanced. It needs to be custom built.

5. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Aaaah, I´ve already supposed that it was to left more space for ads. But then you should make the logo smaller, or change again the design to make it fit in the available space. It looks bad shrunk in that way and misaligned with the right border of the table of text.

6. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    The Bikini thread should still count :eek:

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I imagine you have really large resolution setting. For most it all appears on screen and no scroll.

8. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Mentioned before awhile back but may have gotten lost in the pile.

How about a "remail email" service so we can have a "permanent" email adrress. I have about 5+ email addresses and am forced to change them every several months to years (job related).

I would love to give out ONE address ([email protected]) and have them all routed to where I want them to end up.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    sorry, I don't want to get into the ISP business. I have thought it through over the years though. Awesome, 3 th..ough words in 9 word sentence. :)

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    You're thorough!

11. P1-EH

P1-EH Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2007
    Waterloo, Ont.
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'd like to be able to use Quick Links->New Posts without getting all the Politics & Religion threads. I enjoy reviewing all the Ferrari-related threads, but often times the P&R thread titles are so over the top. It's truly another world in there. Perhaps it would be more manageable to have something akin to forum subscriptions that affect what is displayed during the 'New Posts' search. I don't think that's how subscriptions work today. If there is a way to do this, please let me know what it is.

I enjoy this site for the great Ferrari knowledge and shared experiences. I've learned alot here, and visit quite often. But P&R threads are all too often like a big bird dump on a freshly detailed Fcar. But I certainly respect the rights of those who wish to participate and their right to continue to do so. But it would be nice to not have to wade through them every time I check in.

12. mwr4440

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Rob,

Ok,

Shot thru the heart

............. as I lay dying "..... how about[gasp] .... a .... a[gasp] ................. [gasp] tutorial ... sect-i-o-n ??? ......... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...." :D

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    For users that don't want to see P&R threads in New Posts, Searches, or at all then let me know and I can hide them user by user.

14. unormal

unormal Rookie

May 22, 2009
    Services like g-mail have forwarding you can setup, might be worth looking into.

15. mwr4440

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.

Ok, THANX.

I just liked the idea of email "... @FerrariChat ..." Thought it might increase membership too.

16. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    This has prob been brought up b4... how about a tad larger avatars. Say 100x100 or 120x120 from the 80x80 we have now. I run 1920x1200, I can barely see them :eek:

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we are doing that for Rossa shortly.

18. slice

slice Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2008
    Connecticut, US
    Seems like a ton of "does this price seem right?" threads lately (especially in the 360/430 section)...how about a stand alone "Pricing" section or similar???

19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    OK, I haven't really kept up with this thread so my suggestion might be a repost, but here goes...A save draft option in the PM's, just incase you're at the office or something and you get interrupted and you've already started typing and you don't want to retype and don't have time to copy paste save into another format...

20. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Limit the post of the unregistered to 100 post. If they can't dish out $$ too bad for them.

21. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Allow pictures on the posts instead of all the clicking necessary to open a new window and see each picture.

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    come again? :)

23. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    I think he might be referring the imageshack stuff and enabling the use of IMG codes.

24. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Rob said that after a while the images can go away, so attaching them prevents that.

25. wizig

wizig Karting

Jul 8, 2006
    Leawood KS
    At the top of the page is the “path” of the thread you are reading (example:
    FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > 456/550/575

When you scroll down as you read the items in a thread, you then need to go back up to the top to click on the section of interest to you (example, if you want to see what else is new in the 456/550/575 section).

It would be nice if the “path” was repeated at the bottom of the page, so that you didn’t have to go back up to the top.