How Will Danica Patrick do if She Drives for Ferrari? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

How Will Danica Patrick do if She Drives for Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ren0312, Jul 25, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    That's a bit misleading. Of the 13 starts so far, Danica has only had 2 DNFs while Marco has had 7. Yet, he has 5 top 5 finshes and she only has 3. Of the races where both finished, Marco finished ahead of Danica 3 times to 2. More importantly for F1 (since we don't run ovals), of the 3 road courses run so far, twice they both finished and both times Marco beat Danica. In my opinion, he would be faster in an F1 car.

2. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Have you ever done any serious racing? For you to say that she's as talented as guys like Kanaan, Wheldon, Hornish jr, Castroneves, Dixon, Bourdais, Doornbos etc. etc. is absolutely crazy. To also imply that she's a "mid field" talent in F1, like say Giancarlo Fisichella, who won races and championships before even reaching F1, unlike Danica who hasn't won a race in a car, is even more crazy. Put down the pipe buddy!

3. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'm not here to defend or promote her and the Danica mania wears a little thin after a while. But I had pit lane access twice this year and to see the media and the public swarming her while Dixon and Kannan sit there is unbelievable.

But lets keep the facts straight. She qualified P2 at Mid-Ohio behind Castroneves. Ahead of a lot of guys you refer to. Was booted in turn 1 by her teammate Kannan who then took out Marco. I was on top of Dario's car as qualifying ran out. They were running him so close on fuel to run light to catch her. 3 times with 10 min. to go they gave him fuel for an out lap, hot lap, and an in lap. He couldn't touch her.

I think she's starting to prove herself but to start with the photo shoots that had Rahal shaking his head. Is she a driver? She's starting to be. Would Andretti manipulate things? You decide. Is she hot? Compared to the women in my house, no.

4. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I think she's a serious racer, just not nearly as talented as that other guy said she was. "As talented or more compared to a F1 mid fielder", give me a break, everyone in F1 won championships in the most competitive feeder series leading to F1: British, German, Euro F3, F3000, GP2 etc. etc. but Danica didn't even win a single race in formula ford? She may be getting better, but let's not place her on a pedestal because she's a decent looking girl with an attitude.

5. FourCam

FourCam Formula Junior

May 19, 2004
    Loveland CO
    Full Name:
    Cameron MacArthur
    OK max, yes, I have done some serious racing, but that has nothing to do with this post. This was about Patrick's talent, which you seem to refuse to recognize with your biased attitude towards her. My bet is she could smoke you or me on any track we chose right now, and she does just fine against the "best" in her series. Check the facts on her perfomance and credentials. And educate yourself about the so-called talent in F1 and how they really got their rides. The fact is, the difference in talent at the highest levels of racing is minimal with the occasional exception of a Schumacher or Senna who come along about once a generation. There is only one way to know for sure, the rest is just opinion. Drivers with a lot less talent have been "given" opportunities, she is earning hers.

6. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I'm not biased towards her, that's just an easy thing for you to throw at me. I also think she's a serious racer, as I've already said. The thing is, if she hasn't even won a car race yet, but guys in F1 have won championships in more talent rich series, how can you say that she might be more talented than them?

7. gtessier

gtessier Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2004
    OC, CA
    I have an idea! Get her a boob job and she'd be a great umbrella girl!

8. stevanford

stevanford Karting

Nov 5, 2006
    People here are saying that massa is at best a midfield driver yet he is only 1 point behind Kimi who according to alot of people on this site is the fastest driver in formula 1. Why do people under estimate him ?

9. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Is she really earning hers? For what it's worth I don't think we'll ever see anyone moving from IRL to F1 in the foreseeable future. I hope I'm wrong though but other drivers like Wheldon and Franchitti have performed well in this series and none stand a real chance of stepping up to F1, let alone Danica.

That's one way to break into F1...:)

10. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    well, the only possible way she could get into F1 is if Honda pulled into F1 on their company team, to try and beat Super Aguri.

While Ferrari is near/at the top with their current engine, the other teams with Ferrari engines are both at the bottom.

But Honda is doing worse than Super Aguri, who is using their engine, right?

I don't see her ever driving for Ferrari though...

~shahedc

11. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    This is stupid. What has she ever done to even be in the same sentence with Ferrari. She couldnt even shine MS shoes. JMO

12. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    She still hasn't engage those thumbs!

13. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    What she has done is quite obvious, IMHO. And it was on the TV cameras, not on the track. And the sentences containing her name with Ferrari were not of the most serious intent also IMHO.

It is also quite obvious that there IS NO OTHER DRIVER WITH HER OVERALL RECORD IN ANY LEGITIMATE RACING SERIES that anyone would ever dream of mentioning for the Ferrari F1 team. Wonder why.

After all, a squirrell may in fact just be a rat with a furry cute tail and a good PR job.

14. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    DNFs by Kimi does not equal excellance of FM.

15. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Congrats to Ren for starting a thread I'd have put 1000 smackers on to die after one response. Danica and Ferrari, good grief....

16. Ferrari_lvr

Ferrari_lvr Formula Junior

May 28, 2006

17. AC6

AC6 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Relax guys, I am sure the thread starter is like 10 years old. We all said stuff like that before when we were that age :)

18. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I must have blown by something. Danica Patrick in Formula 1?

19. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    I think Bernie said it best when asked by some dumb American reporter about Danica coming to F1 (a year or so back.)
    Words to the effect of " women should be spending their time in the kitchen not on my race tracks"
    Tongue in cheek of course, but he made his point. If she earns a drive, good on her, but F1 does not need her. She would not be a marketing asset, more of a liability. Can you imagine all the jokes about women drivers that would come out the first time she drove a car!! If she got with in 150% of FM times after extensive winter testing I would be very surprised. Anyone who thinks F1 cars are all computer controlled and therefore easy to drive is an idiot.
    Danica is a gimmick in racing. Nothing more, but good luck to her.

20. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Danica could in no way survive F1. She makes mistake after mistake. And sometimes they are HUGE GLARING MISTAKES. Mistakes that make you wonder... who the hell let her drive a race car?!?!?!?!?!!?

I think danica would just end up crashing out... and if she did drive for ferrari (hard to even imagine) i think her only competition would be from the spyker boys all fighting for last place

21. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Yep, and that "gimmick" starts outside of Franchitti on the FRONT ROW tomorrow. SECOND time this year...

No, she wouldn't be in the top four in Turkey, but she'd be in the top 10...

22. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    With a ton of testing and a Mclaren or Ferrari, yes she'd be in the top 10 in Turkey....as would nearly every racing driver....*golf clap*

23. jonesdds

jonesdds Formula 3

Aug 31, 2006
    SB,CA & Park City UT
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I agree, I see equality here between the two drivers, seems to depend on the track who comes out ahead. Unfortunately, McClaren overall is ahead of Ferrari in points and in ability..

I can't believe a thread about Danica Patrick in F1 is has five pages of posts, though. Indycar racing is ridiculous. I can't see any of them getting by Q3 in any car in F1.

Jeff

24. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    Nearly every time she starts near the front on an oval, she's fallen back 3 or 4 places within minutes. She's scared of going wheel-to-wheel. We'll see how she does at Infineon but to be honest, I'm not expecting her to hold that position.

25. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yeah I'm willing to bet she loses it. I'm not hoping she does, but I really see it happening.