How to reset the 612 service stop message. | FerrariChat

How to reset the 612 service stop message.

Discussion in '612/599' started by TrojanFan, Jan 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Anyone know how to reset the Service Stop message on the '06 612? First time it has come up for me in 3 years of ownership. Message on start up reads "Service Stop in 17 days". I just changed the oil today.

2. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Hi Peter, not the most helpful answer I know, but I reset the service stop the other day with my FiCom tool. It’s predominantly a fiat based tool, but I’ve been working with the guys at FiCom (providing them with loads of ecu data dumps) and they’ve added a lot of functionality for 612 over the last few weeks. The tool was about £300, and can now talk to all 612 ecu’s, and can perform some coding and configuration on the body and cluster ecu’s (service reset is in the instrument cluster ecu). The guys at FiCOM seem keen to extend Ferrari/Maserati functionality further as a lot of it is carried over from other fiat group cars, they just don’t have ready access to the cars to test out on.

Hopefully there is a way via button presses to reset the service interval too which someone else can chime in with.

3. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks. Hoping for that "turn key - button press" answer too like on a Benz.

4. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Fortunately a friend has a clone Ferrari software and was able to reset it for me.

brogenville and Makuono like this.
  5. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    This the launch x431 software? Think you mentioned it before.

6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Chad ?

7. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008