How to protect Carbon Fiber on Roma | FerrariChat

How to protect Carbon Fiber on Roma

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by wings, Apr 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Has anyone found a precut kit for the CF on the Roma? Checked with Xpel and they have a kit but it does not include the CF. My installer does not want to cut it manually as it will pose a danger to the CF when he trims it.

2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Not sure what you’re asking here.

The precut pieces are for the areas that can be reliably protected AFAIK.

If they can not be reliably protected because the ppf cannot adhere to the CF, what are you asking for??

SV

3. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    The installer said that because there is no precut film for the CF that he could find he would have to cut it himself and will not do that because in the trimming process he might nick the CF. Do you know if you can cover and protect CF with a film? Or are you implying that the film, any film, will not adhere to the CF? What are you doing, if anything, to protect the CF on your car SV? Thanks. Appreciate the help.

4. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

I wouldn't trust an installer that doesn't have the ability to hand cut film to apply correctly on CF parts. My Pista has all CF parts covered. Same goes for all of my previous cars. All CF parts covered with no damage issues. I would suggest you look around for a shop that knows how to do this properly.

5. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Wings,

micky is likely right.

I do t have any cf on the outside of my Roma. But my installer did say the plastic cannot be covered. but any decent installer should be able to trim a piece and successfully cover any given cf piece.

SV