how to add wifi to a daily driver | FerrariChat

how to add wifi to a daily driver

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by ttforcefed, Sep 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    has anyone tried zubie? i dont want to use a phone as a hotspot. more looking for a USB plug and play approach.

thnx

2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

3. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I'm a Verizon rep...we also sell a device called HUM that plugs into the OBD port in your vehicle and gives you WIFI in your vehicle as well as some other features. The MIFI option could be taken anywhere so if you want to take it out of the car and use it anywhere else that would be my suggestion. PM me if you have any questions.

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    thanks matt. is there anyway to get a faster cellular data connection? i called and VZN told me they limit data connection to 4 MBPs - is that true?

5. douglas360

douglas360 Karting

Nov 7, 2016
    SoCal
    I've never understood the attraction to in-car WiFi. It's going to use the same LTE (or whatever) tower that your cellphone does, right?? So long as you have a way to power your phone, why not use it as your 'hotspot' instead of paying for another device on your plan and be bandwidth throttled (apparently).

Please let me know if I'm missing something - or I guess I could google "why is in-car WiFi better".

6. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Data use sounds expensive on this....streaming music... google maps..... takes plenty of data just in my cell.

Robb