How rare on sunroofs on the 400i? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How rare on sunroofs on the 400i?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bjwhite, Apr 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm not a big fan of red leather, but it probably is the best complement to a grigio exterior. Grigio with black would be a little too dull. The tan interior might look nice too.

John

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Saw a TR that way a few years back, doesn't go together as well as you might think. As long as it isn't a basket case, that's actually not that bad a looking car.

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
  4. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
  5. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Looks like the factory sun roof

6. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That is not an OE sunroof, the OE unit was a steel panel, it is a glass panel aftermarket unit. It is pretty tough for me to tell from the pictures but it is either a Webasto or Cars & Concepts unit. It is not an ASC sunroof (no front sweep).

Both of these sunroofs are ok, the Webasto is a better unit. Send the owner an email and ask him to look at the outside of the glass panel, in the very front check to see if there is a C&C logo, if not then it is a Webasto.

7. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
  8. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Its steel, hard to tell with the colour of the car unless you blow the photo up, runners and flap at the front identical to OE (flap not popping up is pretty much a standard problem), size of aperture and opening identical to OE, switch by handbrake identical to OE

9. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Guess I'm confused because when I read the ad for the above car it clearly says it is a glass panel unit.
    Did I miss something and we're talking about 2 different cars here?

10. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)

Any idea how many 412's were imported to the U.S., and
    what the stick/auto breakdown might be?
    Thx

11. grb

grb Rookie

Feb 5, 2005
    CA/NM
    Hi Dave,
    I have a Mondial with a glass sunroof. The glass is from Splintex. Assuming this means it's Webasto. Is this correct?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Holy 17 year thread resurrection!

I guess the cars are old enough that it really doesn’t matter if it’s 17 years or 17 days - the content is still applicable! :D

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  13. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    hah, yeah wow. My thread at that. :)

14. grb

grb Rookie

Feb 5, 2005
    CA/NM
    Ha! Yeah, decided to learn more about this car I've had for 19 years! One previous owner says the sunroof was steel. I have service records from a place in Ohio showing sunroof removal and cable check/repair, but they are no longer in business (Montgomery Motorsport). Also for call back from Miller Motor Cars in CT, where the car was serviced.
    Was hoping dstacy could add something with his background.
    Hard to track down who did what 30 years ago, even with records. :)

Il Tifoso likes this.
  15. 365TONY

365TONY Rookie

Mar 26, 2019
    London United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rimoldi
    I have a 1976 365GT4 2+2 with a "Factory" steel sliding sunroof. It was made by a company called Goldie who fitted them to many german cars. I think the fitting was done by the UK ferrari importer at the time along with door mirrors etc. No mention of a sunroof module in any parts book that I have seen.

16. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    Hi Tony, you are correct that sunroofs for RHD 365 GT4 2+2/400/412s were fitted by Golde of Basingstoke at the request of Maranello Concessionaires, the UK importer, as the factory/Pininfarina refused to do them.

17. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    I have the original options and price list from Maranello Concessionaires UK from when my car was specified and ordered. There’s no mention or option of a sun roof. Maybe it’s something you had ask for by word of mouth.

18. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    That's strange that the price list you have doesn't mention a sunroof - normally they did - Image Unavailable, Please Login - see attached dated about the time your car was ordered I expect. Price on application mind. Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    Interesting. Could be my mistake. I may have glanced at my copy and seen the only option as being the rear air-con, and assumed all the above was fitted as standard, and not noticed the bit about the sunroof and it being a price-on-request choice. I’ll have to check my paperwork.