How much space is in the rear seats in the Roma? | FerrariChat

How much space is in the rear seats in the Roma?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by gowthamn, Jan 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Does it have more space than the portofino? How is it compared to a 911?

2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thats what I heard, compared to a 911...

3. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    As far as I have understood, the space at the rear is exactly the same as in Portofino.

The difference is that in Portofino you can squeeze an adult in for a short trip, when the roof is open. In Roma, removing the roof is not an option. That makes things extremely unpleasant for adults at the rear. It is questionable whether you can even fit your head in because of the minimal head room. You need to lean your head heavily towards the front seat headrest, which may be too close.

See Roma's back seat test (at 10:25):

Roma is a bit lower, but Portofino's roof panels are probably thicker, so the head room is likely to be quite similar. Perhaps Portofino owners can tell more about leg and head room.

gowthamn likes this.
  4. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    For me its mainly to put child seats at the back rarely. No adults.

5. JeremyE30

JeremyE30 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    GA
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Ferrari needs to increase the rear seat room, like a Bentley or Maserati would be nice.

Senad likes this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Ferrari have that, it's called a Lusso.

alex, NYC Fred, aepma and 2 others like this.
  7. JeremyE30

JeremyE30 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    GA
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Yes, but with an open top would be great.

NuorderSG likes this.
  8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    While I'm aware that the FUV is on its way and knowing that the lines are getting blurred, I am definitely not a fan of Ferrari adding yet another soft car that cheapens everything and dilutes the marque even further. Adding the Roma was bad enough.

9. S123456

S123456 Rookie

Apr 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Sagar thakrar
    Can you fit 2 small kids in the back with car seats?

10. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Yes, it's possible. But I didn't buy the Roma though

11. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    My kids (8 and 11) fit great in the back of my Roma. Noticeably less space than a 911 though.

dan129007 likes this.
  12. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    I have a Portofino and had a 911. On the assumption the rear legroom in the Roma is the same as the Porto:
    1. The 911 has considerably more room at the back. It was one of the things that struck me when I was looking at the Porto
    2. On the few occasions we have someone in the back, the only way to get in is to put the roof down, even in the winter, as that makes it possible for them to squeeze in. Subsequently put the roof back up and expect a few comments about the lack of space. But it is OK for short distances. Getting out also means putting the roof down. Being able to stand makes the process a lot easier.
    In short, without being able to open the roof, getting in and out will be fiendishly difficult. Putting a baby in may just about work but you may have to practise a few yoga contortions

13. Vintageignition

Vintageignition Karting

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Mancini
    It's basically a 2-seater with enough comfort room in back for kids, pets or extra storage. Don't expect any normal sized adult to fit in the back without crooking their neck 90 degrees.

14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Or chopping off their legs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Not enough. Ferrari could have simply left them out and created more room for luggage in the trunk. IF the rear seats are not useable why put them there?

16. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    I am glad the seats are there. Would have liked a few more inches (if Porsche can do it, surely Ferrari could) but I would not have bought the car if it was just a two seater. First of all, the rear seats do give you a lot of space for shopping bags etc. and they are useable for short journeys, especially with the top down. To each his own, I suppose

17. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    We are talking about the Roma right??

18. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Yes we are but the reason I posted my Portofino experience is that the rear legroom is the same, without the option of lowering the roof to get in and out

19. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I stopped by my dealer Friday to take a look at the Roma and the rear seats. Looking to possibly order one for a family sports car where we can take our 7 year old son in the back seat. It's pretty tight back there. I'm planning on taking him down to the showroom to fit him back there and get a guage of how long before he outgrows it. I just don't see how an adult would fit back there.

20. dan129007

dan129007 Rookie

Apr 20, 2018
    Florida
    My 5 year old and 7 year old fit fine back there, we tested them in the car before I ordered it.

One of the main reasons I’m getting the Roma is so I can enjoy it with the wife and kids. Once the kids are too big, will probably end up with a 2-seater.

There really isn’t enough room for adults in the back.

21. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

Same reason here. My son loves going in the Pista, but always asks why Ferrari isn't a 4 seater so we can go as a family. We have the M8 Gran Coupe for the family outings, but the idea of a 4 seater Ferrari has perked my interest. Plus, I think the new Roma looks great.

dan129007 likes this.
  22. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    The biggest problem is getting in and out, not sitting there once in. One of the reasons I got the Portofino is that the roof can be openend to make climbing in and out much easier.
    To get in: roof down, "walk in" upright, sit.
    To get out: roof down, stand up, walk out.

Mind you, you may want to just stay in.....................:)

dan129007 likes this.
  23. fanboy01

fanboy01 Rookie

Jul 15, 2011
    Roma should have exactly the same back space as Portofino. My Portofino's back seat space is considerably less than my 991.2 turbo s cab's.

24. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Only the Lusso is really four passenger. Not Porto and not Roma. No way either of those can really be for the family. But if it gets the wife’s approval...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Exactly! I know it'll be a tight fit for my 7 year old, but if I'm trying to get the wife on board with the whole family Ferrari idea. I think I'm getting close and if she gets on board, I'll pull the trigger. Lol.

jumpinjohn likes this.