how much should I pay for an '93 Mondial T 3.4 Coupe? | FerrariChat

how much should I pay for an '93 Mondial T 3.4 Coupe?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ventox, Jun 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ventox

ventox Rookie

Jun 1, 2006
    The seller was asking me to make him an offer. How much should I pay for this car?

Details about the car:

Mondial T 3.4 Coupe, 1993 production, semi-automatic transmission, air-conditioning, central locking, black exterior, black interior, 12954 miles, new tires, fresh service with belts changed. It looks very clean.

Thanks for your feedback!

2. Fyrrari

Fyrrari Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    David
    Good question. Either the car is worth millions because of its rarity or it is worthless because of its non-existance.

Bottom line... to my knowledge Ferrari did not make a 3.2 t coupe in 1993 -emphasis on the "3.2"

As far as I know they are all 3.4 and just listed as "t"'s...different motor and different engine/transmission configuration. I believe the semi automatic transmission you are referring to is called a valeo transmission. There are a few f chatters here that know more about them, but if memory serves me correctly it is similiar to the f1 transmission.

If it is in good condition...it could be worth quite a lot.

3. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    ventox said "3.4"

Are you in the EU? AFAIK, there are no Mondial t Coupe's later than 1989 year model in the US. The only Valeo semi-auto Mondial t's I've ever seen here are Cabs.

I would have to think for a person that was looking for one of these cars, it would be valuable. Last year, latest spec, Valeo, coupe, low miles... What more could you ask? <grin>

A car is worth what someone will pay for it!

-Peter (love my t Coupe)

4. ventox

ventox Rookie

Jun 1, 2006
    The car was made for the European market and is a Mondial T valeo.
    I know the owner and I will make the deal with him for sure.

The transversally mounted gearbox is derived from F1 design. It has a 3.4 engine.

I want to offer him a fair price because I know he invested a lot of feelings in this car. For him the money is not a problem, he has 20 cars in his garage that's why I want to treat him with respect.

For me it will be my first ever Ferrari.

I am looking forward for a price estimation from you.

Salutations!
    Andy

5. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
  6. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
  7. ventox

ventox Rookie

Jun 1, 2006
    My opinion regarding the Mondial T: week-end time!! Who asked if a Mondial T is for business meetings man?? Dear SDortonF40, drink a Corona Extra and leave your fancy tricks at home!

Thank you for your best wishes SDortonF40 (are you joking?).

It is not an easy choice. Every time I buy something for myself I put a lot of questions (every kind) even if I know I could be unconfortable for some persons (like SDortonF40 in this case). But behind of all of these questions (some questions look stupid just to attract more answers and opinions) I really know the answers before. It's just a way to assure that I make the right decisions.

Nice F40 you have! I wish you good health and may as all your next dreams to come true! Sincerely.

Andy

8. buckminster

buckminster Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    On the water, SWFL
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Raftis
    ventox -

Please post some pictures sometimes of any cars you own, life size ones I mean.

9. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    The price depends where you are.

Judging from your use of English you do not seem to be a native American speaker; so if you are in Europe a 'fair' price judging from some of the popular Ferrari dealers there is about 35K Euros - but this again is so very dependant on condition and service history and has a wide margin of error.

If you are in America it is quite problematic, as that car requires a lot of EPA/DOT clearences. With the clearences it could be worth in the high 30s , without, it is an illegal car.

If you are in any other part of the world, the price would be very unique.

good luck

10. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Introduce yourself (fill out your profile) in a way that allows all of us to welcome you properly. Quickly, I'll say this - - t coupes are hotter than blow torches!!! Valeo - is not the tranny. It is the system (an actuator influenced by a computer brain) that takes the place of your "clutch leg". It precludes F1 shifting but is truly, much more traditional.

Get it - you'll not regret it:)

Cheers, Hank & a whole bunch others - - -

11. ventox

ventox Rookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Thank you for your words dear Mr. Garfield!

I have 26 years old and I live in Eastern Europe. In around 12 months I will move to live in Switzerland.

I am a mathematician and I hold/own a master degree in business administration.

My hobbies: Judo Kodokan, tennis, paragliding, chess, cars, psychology, latino dances etc.

In the past years I made some businesses here (small ones) and I am sure I am able to do more; I am not satisfied about the conditions in my country and that's why I will move to make the life I want in Switzerland.

I have a driving licence only since 2004 (that's a mistake). In the past I was used to have my personal driver at my company (without knowing how beatiful is to drive myself). The company driver has a Ford Focus and I had an Opel Astra Coupe (my company cars). Till now I didn't invested in more expensive cars because the roads here are not in the best condition (another reason for not wanted to have a driving license before 24 years old).

My plans: to succeed in business (top level), to get marry (soon), to help my parents with a better life in Switzerland and to make charity with all my money after I'll die. In rest I like to be a discreet person, I am a very sociable and I like '70-'80 music.

Even we are on a Ferrari forum, I have a question for all of you about other exotic car: what are your opinions about the Vector Avtech WX-3? With which Ferrari model could you compare with?

Compliments and best wishes,
    Andy

12. ventox

ventox Rookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Thank you for your consultation doc!
    Have a nice Sunday!

Andy

13. Fyrrari

Fyrrari Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    David
    Lolaman & Ventox,

Whoops, 'my bad' ...for some reason I had 3.2 on the brain! Doh!

Sorry for that part of my post, glad I came back and looked. Sounds like you found a winner, good luck with your purchase, and be sure to post some pictures as well.

p.s.

Hank-I don't know too much about the valeo, could you please enlighten me with a little more detail on how it really operates and how many were made?

14. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
  15. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #15 DrStranglove, Jun 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Yea. And what is a semi-automatic 'tranie??
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. ventox

ventox Rookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Are you talking with me DrStranglove? If yes, I suggest you not to make any more photo with your girlfriend and put it on such a card (the owned card). She deserves more respect by your side.

Please read carefully all my words in all my threads: when I will be a Ferrari expert I will answer at any mechanical questions. I am not able to give you a qualified answer regarding the semi-automatic..but feel free to give me a free lesson about it - I'm opened and I thank you in advance for that.

Regarding your curiosity about my cars, as I already told you in one of my previous threads, I had an Opel Astra Coupe - is sold. Now I use taxi or bus. I will sell my company and I hope to change my life in a better way.

I estimate that I will be able to buy all these cars (Mondial or Testarosa + S600 + S8 in about 6 months from now on).

Of course I will share some pictures with you when I will own all of these cars. But don't push me. Be polite. Be friendly amigo. It's free.

If you have any other questions I will try to answer to you with sincerity.

Regards.