How much interest in ceramic rotor alternatives for the FF, Lusso, F12 and 812? | FerrariChat

How much interest in ceramic rotor alternatives for the FF, Lusso, F12 and 812?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Il Co-Pilota, Feb 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Hi guys

Let me start by saying that I am not affiliated with the company in question. I'm just a fellow enthusiast looking for alternatives.

I'm currently in contact with a guy in the UK who's manufacturing the CCST ceramic brake rotors. I'm trying to find out what the interest is in these from the V12 crowd.

https://surfacetransforms.com/

It's the same technology as used by Remmen, and aside from track day guys, these brakes are also well represented in racing like Porsche Cup, Challenge etc. I don't have a lot of personal experience with CCST brakes, but I did drive a 458 a few years ago with CCST discs and Pagid pads, and they were among the best brakes I've ever used.

Aside from the lower cost and longer life compared to OE discs, once worn down, these can actually be resurfaced for a fraction of the new disc cost.

Give me your thoughts guys.

Additionally, if anyone have used 812, F12, FF and Lusso discs lying around, it might be interesting to get someone to measure the disc offset on the stock discs. FF Corse in the UK has already determined that the CCST rotors made to fit the 458, also fits the 488. This essentially means that they also fit the F8 and Pista, as well as the front of the 812, as the 812 front shares discs and pads with the 488/Pista/F8. Considering the fact that all the cars from the original Cali to the current F8 shares same disc diameter and width, albeit with slightly different pad designs in some models, leads me to believe that it might actually be a case of these discs fitting quite a few models as is, and only a few would need discs with slightly different rotor hats or disc offsets.

So share some thoughts on this guys, it looks like we might finally have a proper quality alternative that both performs better, keeps the weight low, and cost less.

otakki, ANOpax and day355 like this.