How many owners have put their cars away? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How many owners have put their cars away?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by IDriveM5, Dec 2, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedFlyer512TR

RedFlyer512TR Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Hello All,

I got the chance to drive the 512TR again today for another hundred. I went to the dentist early in the afternoon and went to get the Ferrari right after. I went cruising up US23 toward Waldo, OH to see a couple gun shops.

On the way wandering back I was behind a grocery store driving around it to get some ice cream for my sore jaw muscles after all those shots. I get around a corner and a young car guy named Jake turns the corner ahead of me coming the other way. He rolls his window down as I pulled up and rolled down my window to talk. Of course the 512TR was the last thing he expected to see and he gives a few compliments to the car. I asked him if he wanted a ride and of course his response was "No way, I can't believe it!". I told him to get parked and he did. I took him for a sprint of about 4 miles and back. I gave it some gas a few times to let him experience some of the true power if this engine. He took some smart phone video and some selfie pics with me and some pics of the car. When back at the parking lot his friend showed up and I let them sit in it.

I eventually turned that same corner again and I laughed as another car passed me coming the other way, too bad he didn't want to talk, I could have done that ride all over again!

Remember for those near Columbus that NJB Automotive is having an Open House tomorrow on the 28th from 12 noon until 6pm. I will be there! It will be 50 degrees, sunny and clear. I'm up for a drive on some twisty roads! What a blast that will be this late in the season.

2. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Awesome Tim, good for you man! It's amazing how generous and approachable the Ferrari community is. Kudos to driving your car so much and not being a victim of mother nature, as well as putting a big smile on other people's faces and giving them a ride in a car they could only dream of.

I wish I would have known about the open house, they have some pretty rare cars there that I would like to see. Take plenty of pictures!!

Chris

3. RedFlyer512TR

Dec 13, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    #53 RedFlyer512TR, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Thanks Tim, same to you!

Chris

5. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Tim,
    That was very kind of you; I am sure that the ride in your car was the best Christmas present he got!

6. Assetto Corsa

Assetto Corsa Rookie

Feb 1, 2010
    #56 Assetto Corsa, Dec 28, 2013
  7. RedFlyer512TR

Dec 13, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Yep, I totally agree! Off season driving is really cool! People still look at you, but you can tell that they think you're crazy driving that expensive car when it's so cold outside. Tomorrow is another great day!

8. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
  9. RedFlyer512TR

Dec 13, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    #59 RedFlyer512TR, Jan 1, 2014
    Hi Rick,

It's very impressive to see such an expensive ride in the snow! Of course you may not lose control but someone else could slide in to you, please be cautious! I got in another 40 minute drive before the snow fell here in central Ohio. The flurries were blowing but no accumulation. So the flakes hit my ride but dusted right off. I'm busy creating posters out of all my adventures in the 512TR this past year. I hope to meet you again for a club get together.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    I admire Rick for driving the heck out of his Ferraris in ANY weather! He drove over to Ft. Wayne on Sat. AM in the nasty, cold rain to participate in a Coffee and Cars. What a guy! I would LOVE to put snows on a Ferrari and drive it year around!!!

Happy New Year!

JIM

11. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Bah Humbug!
    Another 2" of snow overnight here, and another 2-4 inches predicted today!!! As you already guessed, my Ferrari continues to hibernate.

My M5 however is doing great, going really strong and confidently. My 3 year old daughter and I did some donuts in the cul de sac in front of our home this morning. Ahhhh, the memories...

12. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Thanks Michigan! One more blown front tire on my FF ... hit a huge pot hole on Sterns Road Jan 1 on the way back from my R/C flying field. Getting that changed today, hopefully the wheel is not bent or broken!

Rick

13. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    There should be signs at the State Line(s) proclaiming "Drivers, enter at your own risk" ;-(

Brian

14. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Amen to that!

15. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski
    Rick,
    Check you PM, re: tires.

Jeff

16. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Or, "Ferrari owners, enter at your own risk!"

Chris

17. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Monroe County, MI, has been a traffic nightmare the past 9-12 days.

Sterns Road was likely last decent in the 70's. Gawdawfully in need of a total re-build to five lane Blvd. But will not happen.

More SAFE sledding, Rick!
    neal

18. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    The road are looking pretty clean and mostly dry. Could be a window here, but potholes galore. Beware! :(

19. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Took mine out today, sunshine and dry roads.

20. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    I wanted to take mine out today but......
    All I could do was get around to making a list for and scheduling my next service appointment! Annual + belts & tensioners + a few other misc. items...

21. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    Great looking day for mid Jan. Took both Ferraris out for exercise sessions yesterday. Felt good blowing the dust off.

22. Bevo

Bevo Karting

Feb 2, 2005
    columbus ohio
    Full Name:
    jack babbitt
    love,love the Mondi..it needs to be in the Ault Park show

23. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    4+ more inches of snow @ home!!!! This winter is really getting old. No sign of Spring! :(
    Guess I better to buy more parts...

24. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I'm really glad to hear about a few Ferrari's besides mine getting out, even if it is for a short drive. More snow and very cold this week in Toledo but I will be out there :)

Rick

25. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Your bravery is an inspiration! :)