How many miles per fill-up, roughly? | FerrariChat

How many miles per fill-up, roughly?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Subito Grigio, Jan 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    My gas gauge works - roughly. Flops around some. No big deal, but I'd like to know how many miles some other (83 QV) owners drive before refilling the tank.

(I'll take the first stab even though my odometer never worked until SRI put in a new one) -- 200 miles?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

paulchua likes this.
  2. Freerange72

Freerange72 Karting

May 22, 2017
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Donnie
    200-250 miles. Is usually when i fill up. I never trust the gauge completely. Sometimes makes huge swings from half to empty

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  3. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Yea mine goes from half to empty slowly then comes back up. I guess that’s normal?

4. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I do usually 350 to 370 miles (600km) I almost drive empty till the last stripe. This has put me in some awkward situations where I parked the Mondial on a small slope with the nose down. The next morning it started, ran a few sec and died. almost Empty! Leveling the Mondial did give me some miles still to get to a fuel station.

I actually have 1,5 galons of spare fuel in the front if needed. When we do a trop abroad I take 3 gallons extra with me (Total 4.5). Yup we use it and if I do not use it someone else on the trip will :)

paulchua likes this.
  5. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    My fuel needle also moves constantly while driving. Highly aggravating! But I tend to go around 200 miles in my 3.2, per tankful, in a mix of highway + local driving. That's when the "E" light is constantly on. Filling up, I usually put in around 13 or 14 gallons. Isn't the tank good for 18 gallons when full? So I'm guessing there should still be room for more. Or maybe I'm not actually filling it to "Full" when the pump cuts out?? Anyway, I could probably go another 50 miles but not worth the risk.

paulchua likes this.
  6. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    it's around 22 gallons (84Ltr)

7. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
    For my t I'm comfortable going 270 - 300mi before filling up. That's getting 17 - 18mi/gallon average. The fuel gauge does dance around a bit so my gauge is the trip-ometer.

8. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Why does the fuel gauge move? And there is no fix for this?

9. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Funny story.... Doing errands, parked the car and ran around. Came back to the car and it would only turn, no start. Called FoNE, they sent a trailer. Two days later I got a call from Steve the service manager..... when was the last time you got gas?
    The gauge always bounced around so I didn’t give it much thought. That was an expensive fill up.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    The only way to fix it is to have a fuel sponge in the tank like race motor cycles have. The way it will not get a violent ocean storm in your tank when you turn as that is the problem. Or a totally redesigned fuel floater which will be more expensive.

11. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Strange, my needle moves only slowly going down...no jumping around. Could be bad electric connection somewhere in the sistem.
    Guido

12. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    No sorry should have been more clear. Mine doesn’t jump around but just slowly goes up and down from empty to about half a tank.

13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Same with me. I find that I fill often to prevent gas anxiety.

The Needle is there just as an 'approximation' hahah

14. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    I reset my trip odometer when I fill up. I usually run 260 - 275 miles and then the Empty light comes on. When I fill up its 13 - 14 gallons which would leave me about 5 gallons in the tank (Mondial 3.2)

15. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009