How many Lamborghinis (Diablo & Countach) in Aus? | FerrariChat

How many Lamborghinis (Diablo & Countach) in Aus?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by sportveloce, Dec 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sportveloce

sportveloce Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2003
    The Aussie section
    Does anyone know how many Diablos and Countachs are in Australia?

Countachs seem really rare. They are never in Unique Cars. Last one I saw was 25th Anniversary (non HK car) for $250,000. I know there is some dealer trying to sell HK Countachs but I think they are still in HK.

Also, Diablos... How many early to late Diablos?

2. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    well according to italiancar.com.au there are a total of 175 Lambo's in Australia....not sure on specific numbers for the Diablo & Countach.
    I have only ever seen 2 Murcielagos (one was a 40th Anniversary) and 2 Diablo's in Perth, but no Countach (only one in Switzerland a few years ago).

I wouldn't dare post pics of these cars though....lol.

3. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Exotics generally are rare in Aust, even so I was a little surprised that there are only 175 lambos here though.

4. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    that many?

personally, i've seen... erm, 4.

4 frickin lambo's (on the streets) in my pathetic little life. one of them i've been in. (hello mhh :) )

one was an old bulbous-back-end-alien-freak-show thing that i overtook in my mitsubishi sigma in 1999 in reynella SA.

another time, i saw a SMURF-blue countach on grenfell street in adelaide, though because the countach already looks like a kit car, with my brief viewing i couldn't honestly say whether it was real. let me just say the colour was truly terrible. :(

then another time i was driving along pulteney street in my X1/9 and came across a black diablo roadster. i have no idea what year, probly say early 90's, but MAN that was the most intimidating car i've ever seen. it was doing nothing but sitting at the lights waiting to go, but the presence it had truly encapsulated the whole city block. no other way to describe it.

then there's mhh's gallardo... everyone in adelaide SURELY knows this car. the man does more miles in it than your average sales-rep in a honda prelude. this is a truly FINE vehicle, which i've had the pleasure of being a passenger in. for the description of how nice that was... werds need not apply. :)

i'll never get over that diablo though, pictures truly can't describe just how menacing and intricate they are.

thanks for wasting your time reading my thoughts. :)

5. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #5 Mike360, Dec 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Im not surprised that there isnt more!
    Mosman Auto's has 2 Gallardos for slae with more on the way!

FWIW ive seen about 15 different ones i reckon.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Actually, funny you should say that about the diablo. I pulled up next to one once in my 355. I felt like I wasn't even there. The road presence it had was amazing. Also, even with my challenge exhaust, it was louder than my car and *shockhorror* even sounded better! Just an amazing car. I've always wanted to drive one on a track.

7. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    2 Countachs in Cairns, 1 yellow and 1 red one.

8. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    2 Countachs in Cairns, 1 yellow and 1 red one.

9. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    So, that's 4 altogether? :)

10. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    :D

there's a glitch in the matrix!

11. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    i'm only talking lambo's i've seen commuting, not those in special car days and races and stuff.

12. sportveloce

sportveloce Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2003
    The Aussie section
    175 sounds far too many. I think we would be luck to have 50. They are very rare IMO.

I have been to the Lamborghini dealer in South Melbourne where he kindly started a diablo and murcie for me also let me sit in them :) There was a nice 360 that did a nice launch outside (the guy just put a deposit on a Gallardo - this was back when they had not hit Australian soil).

I have personally seen heaps of Diablos and F-cars, but only because I frequent CA (vist the dealers in Beverly Hills, dine/hang out on Sunset, visit Melrose) ;-) Ive got videos of 3 L-cars on Sunset Blvd in the same day :) There was a Diablo (red VT) that kept dining on Sunset for 3 days/nights straight. Then I saw it on the pacific coast hwy. Too many F-cars to mention... One night on Sunset I saw a red VT (parked), a Yellow Gallardo and a Black Murcie. It was a Saturday night when everyone was doing the drive-pose-bys.

We are deprived in Aussie land unfortunately. Johnny-boy should drop some of the tax on imports then we would surely have a few more. L-cars are more than exotic in Australia. You could call L-cars almost extinct, they are at least endangered species ;-) 1000 breeding pairs of birds (total) are classified endangered - so surely 50/150 (someone please give me the number!) raging bulls would equal endangered :)

13. GTRMagic

GTRMagic Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Hey Mr Dee Jay....
    Team Lamborghini Australia has 3 Diablo race cars at its disposal... and they normally brought a couple of road cars of varying colours to events they competed in, so somehow I doubt the estimate of 50 is correct...

14. Looney

Looney F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    Gold Coast
    Full Name:
    BB
    Well in perth i have seen the following

1 white Countach
    Countless countach wannabees hahaha
    1 red diablo
    1 grey/silver diablo
    1 purple diablo
    1 yellow diablo
    1 blue diablo
    1 brown (kinda like coca cola) diablo
    1 yellow murcielago
    1 black gallardo
    1 silver gallardo
    and just yesterday i saw a turquoise murcielago, mustve been a custom colour, but looked better than any other colour ive seen on a mucrie

15. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Where in Perth are you seeing all these Lambo's? Are you talking about on the street or at dealers/shows?
    Do you know whether the turquoise Murci you saw might have been a 40th Anniversary (since they only come in one colour, called Verde Artemis which is a type of jade green), because there is one in Perth I know of.
    Here is a pic of it:

http://img153.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img153&image=40thannmurci9xx.jpg

16. Looney

Looney F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    Gold Coast
    Full Name:
    BB
    Here is listed where i have seen these cars

1 white Countach (Sorrento, roundabout at Sorrento Quay)
    1 red diablo (everywhere, the dude lives in the vines and drives it heaps)
    1 grey/silver diablo (this belongs to the son of the dude with the red one)
    1 purple diablo (Scarborough, Crusin on West Coas Highway)
    1 yellow diablo (Showroom at barbagallo about 6 months ago)
    1 blue diablo (Showroom at Porsche on Stirling Highway also 6 months ago)
    1 brown (kinda like coca cola) diablo (Fremantle, just off the esplanade)
    1 yellow murcielago (Fremantle, dont know the name of the street but the one at the markets where the buskers usually are)
    1 black gallardo (Osborne Park, Scarborough Beach Rd)
    1 silver gallardo (Barbagallo)
    1 turquoise murcielago (Mullaloo, Oceanside prom)

Hope that helps :)

and i dont know about the 40th anniversary model, however the turquoise colour is one of the nicest colours i have ever seen on a car. probably helped that it was on a Murci though :)

17. Looney

Looney F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    Gold Coast
    Full Name:
    BB
    Oh and while where at it, theres also that Silver/blue (Like Grigio alloy) Murciellago that Barbagallo had, but i didnt include that as it was brand new and probably never on the road here.

Cheers

18. Looney

Looney F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    Gold Coast
    Full Name:
    BB
    I just browsed the web looking for this 40th anniversary model,

the pictures seem to be a bit lighter than the colour i saw, but i would bet that the one i saw was the 40th anniversary model you are speaking of.

man what a car.

19. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    well I would think it is, the colour on the pic I posted could be mistaken for turqouise I suppose.
    Did you take note of the plate number by any chance, then we could confirm/deny if its the same one.

20. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    man. i lived in perth for like a year, and the most exotic thing i ever saw was a man dressed as a nurse.

hell, i lived in west perth, on the fringe of leederville, you'd think i'd have seen something decent in that time. :(

21. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    as an aside, any of you perthians ever go to the "fiat factory", "cechelle motors"?

i haven't been there, but having chatted with steve cechelle a bit here and there and seen him talk about it, it really sound purdy interesting.

far as i know, it's down near "The Bog" in west perth. :)

22. Looney

Looney F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    Gold Coast
    Full Name:
    BB
    Sorry Dingo, i didnt get the plate of it, as it was driving past me at an intersection. so i was paying more attention to the scoops which were up and stuff.

and Ash, i havnt ever seen anything exotic in Leederville, its mostly HSV's and WRX's there.

I find i see more exotic stuff around freo and along the coast, oh yeah and in the expensive suburbs, Peppermint Grove or Dalkeith etc.

its funny though, i would say ive seen more Lamborghini's in perth than i have 360 modena's

23. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    I would say the opposite, I've seen alot more 360's and 355's then Lambo's.....thats mostly in South Perth which is a fairly upmarket area.
    I've also seen a couple in the city, on The Esplanade....thats where I saw a silver Murci and a red 360 Spider over the past few months.

24. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    after all my beyatching last week, i just saw a blue diablo on the adelaide streets. suh-wweeeeeettt.

also, i'm 90% sure i know the guy who was driving it. turns out i reckon i know every exotic owner in adelaide within 2 degrees of kevin bacon. :D and i don't even try, this is just from casual observation, usually drinking out front of a pub. of course adelaide is like a country town that's trying to look bigger than it is. kinda like a 12 year old girl with her mum's make-up kit.

not that i know know the guy, i'm just a retard customer for the last half decade. will have to ask the dude next time i see him whether it was him... he did appear to semi-recognize me going by... in my ex-girlfriend's bug. :D i think his girlfriend drive's a GTR skyline...

actually, when i parted ways with the diablo, it was in mhh's (fchat member with the gallardo) neighbourhood (and mine)... wonder if there's a lambo meet goin on. :(

25. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    its always nice to see a Lambo out on the streets.....I saw 3 myself today when I went for a little photosoot at Alf Barbagallo. :)
    A nice silver Gallardo, Diablo VT and a VT 6.0, the 6.0 'only' cost $300K which is not bad.....I'm in the $31M lotto draw tonight so i'll be back there on Monday :)