How Many Lamborghini Countach In Malaysia? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How Many Lamborghini Countach In Malaysia?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by MHZ, Apr 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sc80

sc80 Rookie

Apr 27, 2008
    ha...talking bout giulia and GTV...i got plenty of the picts of the restored to perfect units...drool at those...
    especially when they rev....clearly the weber sounds fierce....

yah....back about 17 years ago, i use to go TTDI mofaz often at mid night (so that no much people looking at me and feel that i'm an idiot) with my saga and drop some saliva there too...still remember they hang a
    RM2mil price tag there that time....LOL....

the white unit CT at ron's show room is for sale....but the price tag isn't pretty. more than u can get a registered F355...
    the condition not so handsome as well...
    while the mileage is about 85K+...thats too high for an exotic....
    hmm...maybe i shud give up my CT dreamin' and head for a F355 berlineta will do....
    i do like 348 too...much cheaper and less electronic stuff.....but the rock hard steering wheel and clutch can kill....
    and belt changing require the whole engine to be drop off....sigh...
    pls tell me more bout it....

2. hanifcd

hanifcd Rookie

Apr 25, 2008
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    Hanif Che Din
    Yeah back in the days of 'freedom' where a child can go out wandering without worrying about kidnappers and sick-minded people, I would tell my parents not to pick me up after school because I want to go the showroom and paste my face at the glass to drool over the Lambo Countach lol. The sales person or whatever pitied me because I went there almost everyday and let me go inside the car and rev it! :D Anyway,currently I own an Alfa Romeo 156 gta(in the dealer hands at the moment, involved in an expensive accident). If you're looking for an old Alfa, there are 2 of them somewhere in Kayu Ara. Maybe in a decent condition(just). Its an Alfasud and an Alfetta, Alfasud's a keeper!

3. hanifcd

hanifcd Rookie

Apr 25, 2008
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    Hanif Che Din
    I do remember the Rm2mil price tag too! lol
    I do like the 348 too but people keep telling me it's scary to own.
    I don't mind a F355 though, such an astonishing car.

4. GTI WR6

GTI WR6 Karting

Jun 29, 2004
    Manchester
    Full Name:
    Tamzeed
    2 to be exact. I've talked with a friend of the owners when I was in langkawi.

they also have an XJ220 in that island along with other exotics.

5. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    The XJ220 and the whole lot in the 'corral' is supposed to be 'offloaded' by now...;)

6. 348noob

348noob Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    Singapore
    I just got a 348 not too long ago. Steering and clutch actually is not as hard as you think. I too was worried before actually looking around for a 348. If you have driven old 33, Alfetta, Sprint or GTV, these 348 steering and clutch is lighter than these old Alfa's.

Timing belt change is costly. Over here, it will cost around S$10k plus/minus a few thousand. Mine's coming up in July, so already mentally prepared! Parts prices so far are quite scary, but my opinion is that if you get a 355 to try to avoid high upkeep and servicing costs, it's actually no different in terms of parts cost or servicing, cos they share quite a lot of parts and would probably be priced similarly. The 355 will have more stuff to go wrong though, power steering rack and pump, F1 actuators and electronics (unless manual) can be quite costly to fix, while 348 don't have such stuff - it's a very basic car.

7. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Bro, bro. Don't tell me I didn't warn you. The 348 does have some nagging electronics.... & they can be a pain. There are quite a no. of relays, regulators, fuse box, climatic air-con panel, ecu etc etc & they are either very expensive or rare! I did change new steering racks for both my 348 & Testa though. I bought them for under S$4K & it can cost as much as S$12K....

The 355 pains in the electronic suspension (>13yrs old by now) & very expensive to get replacements.

I love the 348's intimate steering as opposed to 355.

To the Malaysian boys, how's the Diablos doing up there? How many left & what are they trading for now? The golden #8 Diablo 6.0SE was exported there & I hope to buy it someday.

8. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Jon,

There's also a Nachtblau (since they're owned by Germans now..:D) and Gelb examples that I know of. The midnight blue one looks sooo gorgeous. Sorry for not being familiar with Lambo colours...:) Our friend Fengtau may know where, if any, the others are aside from the LKW ones...;)

9. sc80

sc80 Rookie

Apr 27, 2008

the golden diablo one is taged 1.2mil...and with that $, i rather get a Galardo...

10. Jingjok

Jingjok Rookie

May 11, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #35 Jingjok, May 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi

The UK-reg white Countach is mine.

I imported it from the UK it a few months ago under the ‘Malaysia My Second Home’ scheme. It’s an excellent idea which allows foreigners to import one car, already owned in the his/her home country, totally tax and duty free.

The delay has not been with customs, who were fine, but with the vehicle registration people, who have taken ages to decide it is not a stolen car or whatever!

Tomorrow I go to collect the registration document, so within days it should be cruising the streets of KL.

Oh, and by the way, to answer the question here, it is most definitely not for sale. Unless of course someone wants to pay the import tax and then bribe me with a wheelbarrow-full of hard currency... so only in the sense that everything in the world is for sale :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Welcome..and thanks for making Malaysia your second home..:) and also for adding a very rare car onto our roads. Drive safe and watch out for those pesky potholes even in the most 'west-endy' kinda neighbourhood...

12. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Nice car dude, congrats..

do take a drive to singapore when you are free.. we dont have countach's in sillypore

13. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya

Holy cow! We need to talk :)

I'm most interested in the 2nd home thingy. I know the guy who owns the silver Countach, he owns the Gemballa workshop in MY & has a full customised Quicksilver system.

My heartiest Congratulations on owning this beauty :)

14. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Wow! Looks like some good margin there. I was choosing between this & the Murc, drove both, thought very hard & the rest is history. On the contrary, owning this Diablo is a potentially better investment than any Gallardo IMO though the driving experience is a little antiquated if compared.

Someone offered me a Japanese Diablo 6.0 GTR for about US$400K few weeks ago (no way I could afford it). Not too sure about it's history but that is one beast & not very street legal in several countries.

Isk, another midnight blue??? I saw 3 potential cars of diff makes over the last few months in the same colour!

15. DrPitchard

DrPitchard Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2008
    Malacca/KL/Colombo
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Haha....welcome to M'sia!!!!!!!!! And thnx 4 bringing ur beauty here along too....kun-taj......ahhhh.....wut a beauty.....

And yeah, do be careful on the road, got a lot of 'mosquitoes' zooming in and out, need to alwiz look out for tis pest....or u'll lose ur side mirror....hehe

Aniway, really drive carefully on the road...almost got involve in a nasty accident the other day, car spinned at 130km/h,federal road...landed on the opposite side of the road.....phew...Thank God everything ok!!!! ><"

16. DrPitchard

Apr 4, 2008
    Malacca/KL/Colombo
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Errr...izzit a 25th Anniversary edition 1?! Jz curious...hehe

17. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Jon,

Yes, it's definitely a bluish shade of black.. What's with your nachtblau obsession ? The 'Oro' 1.2MM one, I understand since IIRC my old 'Obsession' EDT by Mr. Klein was gold-ish in colour, much like a Macallan......:D

Dr.Pitchard,

It's not a 25th Anni versh...aiyah..tengok itu spoiler/bumper depan dan skirt tepi sama itu 'intake' punye shape..ada lain lor..:D

18. DrPitchard

Apr 4, 2008
    Malacca/KL/Colombo
    Full Name:
    Jack

Haha....gua tak tau...bukan tiap-tiap hari gua tengok kereta exotic...apa lagi ini masterpiece kun-taj...haha.... minta tunjuk ajar... :-D

19. murcie

murcie Karting

Jun 19, 2006
    kuala lumpur
    Full Name:
    hakimi
  20. sc80

sc80 Rookie

Apr 27, 2008

ouch...that means i got a totally wrong info....my bad......got those info from frens who visited there sumtime ago.....
    anyway, sorry mate....

21. leang86

leang86 F1 Rookie

Jun 12, 2005
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Leang

Silver Countach belongs to my cousin in KL!

Yup, he is the owner of Exquisite Marques which is the Gemballa workshop in KL.

He has got his car fully restored, certain parts upgraded and engine internals are fully balanced! Awesome car to drive, a very different animal as compared to our modern exotic cars...

Jon: when we heading up to compare gallardo, murcie & countach? hahaa...

22. Jingjok

Jingjok Rookie

May 11, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #47 Jingjok, May 17, 2008
    Gentlemen,

Many thanks for your comments and support.

I’ve just signed up for the Cannonball 8000 rally, which will run from Singapore to Phuket in April 2009. www.cannonball8000.com/sea

I had planned to drive the Countach down to Singapore in early June. The vehicle was to be used in a planned feature about the rally in FHM magazine. But it all depends on whether the Malaysian Government will register the car by then.

I have been waiting for over four months now. I was promised that everything would be done this week, since I leave for UK tomorrow. But the staff at the registration department found some new problems – apparently the engine number is for a motorcycle (yeah, right). I’m told that the agent who is dealing with this for me lost his temper yesterday, which was perhaps not helpful.

There has been a catalogue of objections stretching back for months. Once one objection is overcome, another appears. I get the impression that there is no desire to honour the promise given to Malaysia My Second Home visa applicants that they can import and register one car tax free, when they bring in a car of this value.

I’m on the point of giving up, returning the vehicle to UK, and cancelling my MM2H visa. It’s a shame.

23. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK &amp; London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    That is a shame. Forgive me, but can the old gal take the abuse of the rally?

24. Jingjok

Jingjok Rookie

May 11, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #49 Jingjok, May 17, 2008
    Yes I reckon so! The rally is not a race: it's a fun event, punctuated by extreme parties.

My old Countach made it to Italy from UK and back last Summer without missing a beat. It's a pleasure to drive. There's a lot of rubbish talked about the Countach being difficult. If you have enough leg muscle to drive say a Series III Land Rover, are not seven feet tall, and don't have a prize-winning beer gut, it's no problem at all. Within reason, these cars need to be driven, not sit in a garage!

Here's me with Cristina, the delightful curator of the museum at the Lamborghini factory in Sant'Agata Bolognese. Note a second Countach which arrived the same day from Germany. Black & white. Lamborghini encouraged us to park in front of the factory for photographs. It was a lovely day.

25. sc80

sc80 Rookie

Apr 27, 2008
    Jingjok : thumbs up picts and they r fanta-bulous!

about those people in our great country of your second home, nah, we already get used to it...
    always brings lot crap to delay u...but infact, i tink they r thirsty for sumting...guess u know wat i mean...with those,
    work will be much more easier...