How many Iso Grifo convertible conversions are there out and about? | FerrariChat

How many Iso Grifo convertible conversions are there out and about?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Jan 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    The January 2021 issue of the glossy British magazine OCTANE has a four page story on a medium green Grifo converted to a full convertible in Germany. But the story says the customer eschewed having the vertical slot in the front fenders which gives a peek-a-book look at a single chrome exhaust pipe nearly hidden by horizontal blades like the real Grifo Spyder, 002, enshrined at present in a Los Angeles junkyard. But after a 2-minute search on Google I found several pictures of a Grifo spyder the same color as the OCTANE feature car but this one WITH the same vertical side pipes featured on 002. So my question is--is there more than one Grifo spyder conversion existent, what shop did them and do they have tooling for the conversion? The black and whites here are the factory's pr photos of 002 and the color picture of the red spyder in a dark garage is the real one in the junkyard. I wonder if those making the ragtop conversion got an opportunity to measure the real one?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    On the original spyder, under title Whatever happened to the Garrison Collection thread there's the assertion that Garrison owned the one off Grifo spyder 002 but did not restore it.