How many Enzo's, F50's, F40's reside in Colorado & Utah? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How many Enzo's, F50's, F40's reside in Colorado & Utah?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by DaveJ13, Dec 3, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Then you're right - we do have four Enzos in Colorado. -NED (Denver), -JJD (seen in Aspen), the one on Florida plates (Aspen), and the one on Montana plates (Denver). Surprising - that's one percent!

2. DaveJ13

DaveJ13 Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    So it looks like Colorado has a total of 4 enzo's. Utah had 4 enzo's until one was crashed, so it currently has 3. So basically 2% of all enzo's made reside in these 2 Rocky Mountain states. I wonder if Wyoming or any of the other Rocky Mountain states have any?

3. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    There is rumor of a 4th in Utah (I have not personally seen it) and at least one in Wyoming. I would bet that there is only the one in Wyoming.

4. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Ive seen that Enzo numerous times on my trips up to Aspen. Most of the time it was in front of his bar.

I heard about a 288 GTO and an F40 up there too, but I dont remember the owner's name...and that was a while ago too when I heard about them. (About 8 years ago at a FNA/FCA event at Woodys Creek / Aspen Raceway)

5. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Does anyone know how many Enzos Steve Harris was allocated back in 2003?

6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa

LOL Belly Up is a nightclub that sells adult beverages. ;)

7. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I am not 100% sure, but I was under the impression that the allocation was 1... although I know of at least 1 person who claims he had one on order and canceled his order. That would indicate that they had 2. In the long run, to figure that out we would need Sean to chime in...Sean?

8. Skiutah

Skiutah Karting

Jan 31, 2006
    Park City / DC
    Full Name:
    Matthew Ainsley
    I'm going to say at least 2, possibly three. The black one in Park City was delivered to Steve Harris, and the red one in Provo (in the hanger next to the F40, F50, 288GTO) was most likely delivered there as well. Does anyone know if the (crashed) MM Enzo was delivered to SH?

As the sales people at SH like to say, "Some of our clients have more money than god!"

9. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    It's funny that between Ferrari of Denver and Steve Harris, only ~three cars were allocated to a region that now possesses eight - seems like Ferrari of North America needs to re-prioritize.

10. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    There are a few factual errors here. The red one with the F-40, F-50 and 288 is in Logan, not Provo, and was not new to SH. The black one in PC was not delivered new to SH. The MM Enzo (still in Utah in many, many pieces; but still here) was delivered to SH.

Not meaning to be a pain, but I want to make sure that the info that is out there is good info.

11. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    My lifetime iv'e seen all three of them here in the springs.

Iv'e seen a 288GTO way back in the day in the 80's driving by Fortcarson and that has been the only one iv'e seen.

The F50 was on a flatbed and was red probably being shiped to another state. Theres an F40 in the same county I live in and has been here since 95 and you iam willing to bet my bottom dollar and say theres possibly two of them here in Colorado Springs. I saw another on the northend side of town to.

As far as an Enzo goes, iv'e only seen one and that was in old Colorado city driving at 11:13 at night back in 04. Theres also word thats theres one at Peterson AFB along with a Jaguar XJ220, Ford GT and a Vanqiush and an LP640.

12. Skiutah

Skiutah Karting

Jan 31, 2006
    Park City / DC
    Full Name:
    Matthew Ainsley
    Sorry for any mis-information. I made some assumptions that you just dis-proved. Sorry for any confusion. I assumed that my neighbor with the black enzo had his delivered to SH because we've discussed his connections at SH.

13. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No worries... the guy with the black Enzo is a great guy. If you don't know him, get to know him. He gave me my first spin in a Enzo when he was still doing his thing with SH.

I hope I didn't come off wrong... it is always hard to say things in the proper tone when all you have is the words.

14. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    There is indeed an XJ220 in the Colorado Springs area. Get looking for it! :D

15. Skiutah

Skiutah Karting

Jan 31, 2006
    Park City / DC
    Full Name:
    Matthew Ainsley
    It's all good. :)

The owner is a great guy, he's taken me and some friends out to dinner before. Always willing to open up his garage and give us a good peek at his collection.

16. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    But I can't go on base anymore :(

17. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Is it on the base?

18. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    A good friend of mine is a pilot for a the guy that owns that XJ220. Although I've never seen the car or the rest of his fleet in person my friend tells me his "small" collection of cars are located in a hangar at the Co. Springs airport which also includes an Aston Martin Martin DB7 Zagato. Sorry to get a bit off topic.

19. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    #44 yoda, Dec 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a pic of the black Enzo at the '06 Utah car show:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Off topic but quite informative - does he ever drive any of these vehicles? Can't imagine there are too many XJ220s anywhere. That car is not too valuable anymore but man I'd love to see one just for the sheer curiosity of it.

21. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I would imagine he drives them but I'm not sure how often. I hear he is big into collecting Aston Martins and until recently he told my friend he'd never buy a Ferrari...that is until he drove one and now he owns three :) An Enzo not being one of those cars but who knows, he may have purchased one and I just haven't heard about it yet.

22. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    I know of two F-40s in the Denver area. There used to be three - if you count Ft. Collins as the Denver area - but Roland sold his F 40, reclaimed it, then moved to FL.

I only know of one 288 GTO, which used to be up in Aspen. I think that it now resides in Denver, in the garage that used to belong to Mike's Performance.

I know of two red Enzos, one of which is in Wheat Ridge, and one black one.

23. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This car found a new owner earler this year but is still in Denver.

Dave

24. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I know which one your talking about theres a guy with the fiero club locally who works near his hanger.

25. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I know the LP640 is on base that will never come out of its whole.

I believe that amzing car collection of the Xj220, the aston, Fgt Cgt and all the others are on the base as well. Remember most of the folks here with those cars
    are normally miltary mainly Air force.

The only other place iv'e seen an exotic was Fort carson and there was an S7 on base their.