How many 348´s made????? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How many 348´s made?????

Discussion in '348/355' started by fxdwgs, Mar 20, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FlyingHaggisRacing

FlyingHaggisRacing Formula 3

Jul 2, 2013
    Update for 348 Spider RHD

A new acquaintance of mine works for the Ferrari dealer here, and according to their resident expert....

1. All RHD (global) cars went through the UK first.

2. There are 68 RHD Spiders - global figure.

Hope that helps.

2. David 84

David 84 Rookie

Jul 2, 2013
    Vaucluse, France
    Full Name:
    David C.
    #52 David 84, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The first 348tb is 81617, but it's many 348tb with a number before this 81617
    The first I know is 79908, a Rosso/nero/nero
    It's the 8000, a 348 tb nero/nero/nero
    The 81259, converted with the challenge kit for Roberto Ragazzi

For the 348 GTS, we can read the number of 137 and the first is 96826.
    But, the 348GTS 96824 is to sold in Prag (cz) and it's possible it's 218 GTS built...

For the GTcomp, the number of 50 but it's 48 LHD and 8 RHD (perhaps 12....)
    At Maranello 48 + 8 = 50

The number of production is very difficult to know and we can read a lot of mistake on Internet.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    So that confirms 261 right hand drive 348ts global production.?
    That does make it very rare indeed.

4. Bertil

Bertil Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2012
    Stockholm Sweden
    Full Name:
    Bertil Palmblad
    Swedish DMV says there are 93 348's in Sweden. Mine is a -94 Spider, Giallo/Nero
    VIN 99436. It's not on the Scale guys list....yet....
    Bertil

5. BoostCrzy

BoostCrzy Rookie

Dec 2, 2009
    #55 BoostCrzy, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. CLIVE77

CLIVE77 Karting

Sep 10, 2010
    Upper Clatford, UK
    Full Name:
    Clive Spencer
    So far as the RHD GTC's are concerned there were in fact 11. Eight stayed in the UK initially. One went to Singapore and subsequently returned to the UK about five years ago. One of the eight went to Dazzling in Oz and is still there.

The Sultan of Brunei had 2 GTC's and both were part of a whole bunch of Ferrari's that were sold a few years ago.

Those two GTC's had delivery mileage and were being peddled in the Czech Republic asking around £90,000 some two years ago. They'e since disappeared off the radar. The other nine are all still in existence and can be tracked down.

7. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    thanks for the info....i have been really intrigued by those two Brunei cars...like a little Ferrari mystery...they must have ended up in some high end collection now and im sure they are in way better hands when they were in Brunei....do you know who ended up as the first purchasers from Brunei?

8. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Hahaha!:)

9. hensleyac

hensleyac Karting

Jun 2, 2015
    Estero Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    98194 1995 Spider Black/Tan in Florida

10. hensleyac

hensleyac Karting

Jun 2, 2015
    Estero Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Captain Obvious here, you would think Spider would have better long term value simply because less were produced. From my basic review of available cars today it looks to me like the TS holds about the same value as the spider and nearly 4x more TS were made.

Thoughts?

11. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Not in the UK! - You pay a £10K+ premium for a spider over a TS here!

(GTS' run the spiders closer but the spider still costs more).

Brocco likes this.
  12. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    when the top goes down / price goes up

13. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Really? In a country where rain is not exactly an unfamiliar occurence?

14. hensleyac

hensleyac Karting

Jun 2, 2015
    Estero Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Is there a VIN list like this anywhere for the TS cars?

15. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    If you think about it logically, it rains so much here in the UK that the open top cars get used far less than the tin-top cars so they have lower mileage/higher prices! :p

All joking aside, the reality is that it doesn't really rain that much over here. In My first year of owning My 348 TS I've done 6,000 miles, and out of all of the days I drove the car, there was only one day that I got caught out in the rain (I was sooo glad I'd purchased the folding soft top for the car that day, I can tell you!).

Whilst it isn't always sunny here, there are plenty of dry days to get the roof off and go for a drive!

16. driveitdaily

driveitdaily Formula 3

Jul 20, 2013
    lake ariel pennsylva
    Full Name:
    john

You can add mine . 1994 spider , 98090 , rosso corsa , tan . Us.

1994 ferrari 348 spider , third owner purchased may 2013 w/ 27804 miles

17. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    More than £10k I believe.

The only 348 Spider I know of for sale here is a mint one at a dealer. Priced £90k ($137,366).

348 Spider is very rare & expensive now.

Ferrarimondial348 likes this.
  18. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Currently there's a black LHD spider with 17.5K miles on ebay at the moment for £45K (which TBH seems a bit suspiciously low for a spider, even if it is LHD), but yes, I was being a bit conservative with My estimate as there were only a couple of spiders for sale when I posted My comment and only one of those was RHD.

In the UK at the moment we have a situation where it's very hard to value RHD 348's of all varieties because there are none for sale right now (with the exception of the 348 TS that's up for sale at @ £60K, but that ones been for sale for a couple of years now and it's always been over priced by quite a margin).

Owners are hanging on to their cars because they either simply don't want to sell them, or they're waiting for the market value to go so high that they can't resist cashing in. The problem is, they're having to try to value their cars by basing it on the prices of LHD cars and adding a bit, which is hard to do.

5 years ago, 348 TB's were £18K~£20K cars, TS' were £20K~£22K cars, and spiders were sat at @ £24K. Basically, they were underrated, unloved and there were plenty for sale.

Today there are pretty much no RHD cars for sale of any versions, and the talk is of values of RHD cars being in the £40K~£90K region! (depending on model/mileage).

How times have changed! :)

19. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    My black GTB has just been valued at (UK) £61,000, but that doesn't include the extra bits it has such as 360 Carbon Seats which are worth £3,000 alone.

20. jellypig

jellypig Karting

May 6, 2013
    East Midlands, UK
    Is there anyway of blocking threads that include values from my wife's laptop/iPad ?
    ;)

If she finds them it'll stop being car of much wonderfulness and passion - and start being a "thing with a monetary value" to be exchanged for holidays & home improvements & other such boring stuff.

21. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    I've also read on here that another UK owner has also had his 348 TS valued at @ £60K.

The thing is though, currently there is only one RHD 348 TS for sale in the UK, and it's listed at @ £60K and not selling (To be fair, the cars been for sale for @ 2 years and always at an overinflated price, added to which, the sellers don't seem to be that good to deal with from what I've read, so the car may never sell!).

In a normal market, a cars value is easier to judge because you have equivalent cars that sell, and you can base your valuation on their sale price, but when there are no equivalent cars for sale, how accurate can the valuation be?

A car valued at X-amount is only worth X-amount if someone is prepared to pay X-amount for it.

Dealers are starting to say that RHD 348 TB/TS/GTB/GTS' in top condition are now valued at @ £60K in the UK, but because there are none for sale, that valuation cannot be confirmed. If people are not prepared to pay £60K for a 348 then their market value is not really £60K.

They may be basing their valuations on the 355 prices and deducting a bit off those values, but essentially, as the market stands right now (with pretty much no RHD 348's for sale), the dealers are just guessing at the valuations (Don't get Me wrong BTW!, I'm not saying your car or the other car that have been valued @ £60K are not worth that amount, I'm just saying that valuing the 348 in UK right now is pretty tricky!).

The funny thing is, as I have previously posted, 5 years or so back, you'd have maybe 8 RHD TB/GTB's to choose from at any one time, and 10 ~ 12 TS/GTS/Spider's to choose from. Now, suddenly they've all disappeared!

One thing's for certain: I'm glad I didn't let My Insurance company talk Me into having an agreed value on My 348 TS as they wanted Me to!

There's not much point in having an agreed value on a car of @ £40K that would cost £60K to replace due to movements in the 348's market value!

22. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The reference point for 348 values seems to be the sudden influx of left hand drive models.

Khan are selling 3 left hand drive starting at just under £50k excluding vat at 20%, so we're looking at £58,000 for their7 cheapest left hand drive.

Totally agree it's all up in the air at the moment. Interesting too as prices are also affected by the rising 355 and other models respectively.

23. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    I only got it valued for insurance reasons...

and to boost my ego :D

24. peterdavid911

peterdavid911 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
  25. Pangea

Pangea Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Just insured my UK 91 RHD TB for £55000. Already starting to think it should be more.