How long is 23 spots on the new g63? | FerrariChat

How long is 23 spots on the new g63?

Discussion in 'Other German' started by F355 Fan 82, Nov 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I paid over sticker a few months back on a g63 and I’ve been thrilled with it, best car I’ve ever owned honestly. My dad liked mine so much he went to the dealer to order one and was told there are 23 in front of him. The dealer said the wait could be 2+ years, but 23 is not that many or is it when dealing with Amg cars? Auto trader has almost 200 ‘19-20 g63 now but all want over sticker and my dad refuses to pay it. So have any of you waited for a Mercedes like this before? What’s the timeframe? If it’s not too long I’m thinking of giving him mine maybe and ordering one how I want if it’s short, 2 years I’m not interested. Is the market that big for $180k trucks that $30-40k over is still the norm 12 months post launch? Seems silly I had an 812 and even those can now be had way under sticker brand new and surely way rarer

2. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    It depends on where you live.
    My guess, California would have the longest wait list.
    I got a call from my dealer offering G63 with Feb. delivery.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    It is like anything else, supply and demand. I have owned over 50 MB's (have 3 now), and I know the local dealers very well. I usually get a call when anything like the G63 is coming asking if I want one (always below sticker since they know my rule of I never pay sticker or asking price). I don't know where you live but I'd be willing to ask my local dealer if they can get your dad one quicker. I get special treatment (which I do not ask for), because I was once told I buy more cars in a year than most people buy underwear.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Is ur dad in Florida ? If so I suggest je orders out of state. Got my wives in CA in 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    look in Orlando/GNV/JAX. if nothing else might get you on a shorter list.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    This was a great idea, im in texas now, i called a small dealer in louisiana next door, they have a february build slot, but then the sales manager came on the phone and said sorry it would be $20,000 over unless I lived in louisiana!

GuyIncognito likes this.
  7. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    ha! foiled again.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.