How far do you run in a month | FerrariChat

How far do you run in a month

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Statler, Oct 2, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How far do you run in a month

1. from couch to fridge and back during commercials

2. 10-20 miles

3. 20-30 miles

4. 30-40 miles

5. 50 miles plus

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    I truly dislike running, but nothing else keeps the booze fluffiness off for me.

How much do you guys run?

2. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Hmmm, no option for me. I run about 2 miles, 3x per week. Sometimes more if I am "training" for a 5k or something.

3. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    sorry... left out 0-10. Also left out big numbers for the true runners... oops.

but wouldn't 6 miles per week be in the 20-30 group per month? :)

4. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    dedicated exercise walk 2.5 miles every other day.

5. definitelysomeday

definitelysomeday Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
    I have been running about 100 miles a month for the last few. Looking forward to cutting that back in the next few weeks - training for my first marathon.

Looking forward to getting back on my bike.

6. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I wish I knew. We do interval training at my gym so I'm never really able to track how far we go per class. We always vary between jogging and sprinting for different amounts of time. Everyday is different. Some days we run a lot, some we don't. Some days we run on treadmills, someone days it's all outside. Some days we only run in our warm up beforehand weights, some days we run both before lifting and inbetween sets.

I know we run more than a mile a day. Sometimes I'm well past a mile in our warm up. Whatever we're doing, it's working for me. My cardio is ages better than it was when I joined the gym.

Mark

7. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    -0-. Running is for people who didn't plan ahead. :)

8. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    I'm in a 10k this weekend and signing up for a half-marathon first week of Dec..the half is in WPB so flat, I'm not a hill fan,and this'll be my first half...gotta get the miles in. Gonna run a couple ten-milers in a week or two or so,or gonna try anyway. I'm new,relatively,at this.
    Want to finish the day I start.
    Cheers,
    RE

9. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I think that running is the most obvious way to burn off those extra calories, usually the alcohol ones.

But the interval training that Mark describes works surprisingly well. It's what I'm doing, and then mixing in some weights and running. I also play squash, which is a GREAT way to burn a lot of calories while having fun. So my cardio burn is a huge amount more than my miles per month.

As an aside, beer and wine kill me. I love Blue Moon on summer days, and IPAs to mix it up. But they're all just under 200 calories a bottle. The wine is actually less caloric, but it all adds up. And takes a lot to burn off.

Matt

10. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    I try to run frequently enough to keep the weight from building up. When the cold rains come in, it is harder. On regular weeks I try to get out for 6 to 7 miles three times or more a week. If I am eating to much, or have time, I will try to increase that.

11. honda_fox3

honda_fox3 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    In an ideal month none, but sometimes you can't help but turn a corner and bump into a bear in a bad mood.

12. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No cardio for me. I do strength training then the roughly 15,000 steps my pedometer says I take at work.

13. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    I run about 2X/week. Mixed on a somewhat rigid schedule with biking and lifting. I won't run less than 60 minutes (that is my newish rule for cardio) which is about 6.5 miles at a cruising pace. I occasionally do less, and I try to hit a 10-12 mile run every month or so.

FWIW (and I've posted this multiple times) running didn't do squat for my weight--diet changes did. There are a lot of different metabolism types, but I was proof that fit and fat are not mutually exclusive worlds.

14. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    It's worth a lot. That's why I posted (and I have posted multiple times) walking is the best way to DO Something about losing fat. I am proof that you can walk fat off (at a different level than most, but the rule still applies) and build muscle simultaneously. I walk an hour, so my distance is more like 3+ miles, not the 2.5 above. This done every other day along with a good diet is the best way to lose fat. Add in weight training and you will end up lean and muscular, looking your best and being healthy.

Run if you like running as a sport but not for a health aid. It's the same as a competitive game of bball and will often result in injuries.

Aerobic and Anaerobic exercise: What is the Difference? | Fitness 19
    Aerobic vs. Anaerobic: What is The Difference? :: Provided by MyFoodDiary.com
    Anaerobic Threshold

15. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    ok.ok. but I can have my wine AND my 32" jeans with three 5ks a week (25" or less per run) and lifting. I lost 60 pounds in 2002-2003. No other combination has worked as well for me so I'm keeping to it. (I'm also one of those stubborn guys who can read all the studies in the world, but have my lungs feel best when I have been sprinting regularly).

cheers, guys. <raises glass of something unhealthy>

16. Sustain26

Sustain26 Rookie

Oct 3, 2013
    Montreal
    One word: trail running - no, you don't have to move to the Rockies. Just find an undulating (hilly) grassy or unpaved route. It's the basis of core training, cross fit and other fancy concepts. Change your shoes if you must (adjust to terrain). Walk the route if you can't run it, but do it.

17. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will

I 100% agree with this. If you want to lose weight.... put down the fork.

18. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    probably about 130ish

19. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    #19 DK308, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    About 120-150 miles a month. Can't function properly if I don't get my morning run in. Also a great way of ridding one self of those pesky occasional hangovers. Besides, don't want to end up like a Mr. Fatty McFat.

Anyone else think it's nice to run when it's a bit cold and rainy? Love it, and I have the park all to myself.

20. boxndoc1

boxndoc1 Karting

Jan 25, 2007
    North America/Italy
    i used to do about 150-170 miles a month ,, than after a few years
    i looked at myself in the mirror and i was like one of those guys who wins
    the nyc marathon ,, so i started lifting weights again and cut down running (which
    was hard to do i was addicted ) now i need to increase it but i get in about 50 miles a month

21. Trent

Trent Formula 3

Dec 10, 2003
    Indialantic, FL
    Full Name:
    Trent
    As far as chased....

I just cant do cardio, tried and failed. I have replaced cardio with super setting to keep my heart rate just below anaerobic rates.

22. BMWManiac

BMWManiac Karting

Apr 22, 2007
    Aberdeen, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I alternate between eliptical and treadmill....I don't run too often here in Afghanistan because it is so dusty, but I have done half-marathon/10 milers outside

I usually run 3 miles a couple times a week....maybe up to 15 miles a week.