how do you anchor a child seat into 91 mondial | FerrariChat

how do you anchor a child seat into 91 mondial

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by moyez, Nov 13, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moyez

moyez Rookie

Oct 6, 2004
    All,
    this is not a joke. I need to fit a child booster seat (7 year old) into the back seat of a '91 mondial convertible. 1991 only has the lap-belt. Has anyone done this? If so, how. Do you a put a tether bolt behind the back seat? Which child seats work for this application.

2. lusso64

lusso64 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2004
    Simi Valley
    Full Name:
    David
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100299&highlight=mondial+seat+belts

I did this to mine also, and I thought I posted pics of how to do it here... maybe not as I can't find them. Anyway, it works great and was pretty easy to do. Total cost for both sides under 200.

Let me know if you need more details or pics, but you DO need to drill a hole through the parcel shelf for the top mount and you need to buy 50mm bolts to go through all the layers and get the sparco fitting kit that has the steel plates with the nut welded to them to distribute the load. They are $4 each. Bolts were from NAPA.

Dave

3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    How much does the child weigh?? I am a certified child passenger safety technician--If you need specific questions answered PM---Been certified for 10 years and have installed well over 1000 seats...

4. moyez

moyez Rookie

Oct 6, 2004
    Child is 50 lb, 50", but growing like a weed. Looking at the Safeguard child seat. The instructions say that you can install this product with only the lap belt if needed (see below). However, I still want to do the tether for the top connector.

http://www.safeguardseat.com/child/index.htm