How Did You Get Your 488 Pista Allocation | Page 5 | FerrariChat

How Did You Get Your 488 Pista Allocation

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rossocorsa1, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

For those who have 100% confirmation from your dealer, how did you get your 488 Pista allocation?

1. Long time Ferrari client. My dealer offered me a Pista with no additional purchase required

87 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. I bought/leased a Lusso in return for an allocation

25 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. I purchased a new 488 GTB/Spider and was offered a Pista (with or without a trade-in)

27 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. I bought a used Ferrari in return for an allocation

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Other

41 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    GT2RS is not officially limited but for all practical reasons is.
    The production capacity (about 5-6 cars per day) and limited time frame (until this Fall) puts the cap at around a 1k units.

2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Congrats on the 3rs. Love to see the pics when it comes in. Reason for taking the 3rs over the 2 rs? I read you were a 991 turbo s guy previously...

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I hope you're right. I was told out here we may see 50 or so of the 2rs and same with 3rs. Would have preferred if it were less.

PS sorry for the OT OP. Would love to know our real numbers on Pista.....

4. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Final post about Porsche GT cars since that's not really the topic of this thread. From someone at the factory for pick-up:

That's a lot of GT cars if they keep it up. Not saying there isn't massive demand, but it definitely doesn't sound like they are skimping on supply. 100+ GT cars per day is a lot. 992 isn't scheduled to debut until Nov 2018, so I'd expect continued GT production for quite some time still. Bodes well for those who don't have allocation yet, if you ask me.

5. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    Hope the Porsche lovers can migrate their discussion to a porsche forum, not continue to co-opt this one

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Thank you.

7. hamad488

hamad488 Karting

Nov 11, 2015
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Hamad
    Here the speicale was sitting in the showroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think that's the gist of this thread. It depends on the market and the US is arguably one of the hardest markets to get cars. It historically has had some of the lowest prices and the highest volume. And as far as all exotics go, I think the US sees some of the lowest mileage and "best" kept cars, which also IMO contributes negatively to the ease of getting cars.

9. hamad488

hamad488 Karting

Nov 11, 2015
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Hamad
    Yes the US is different but for Pista all allocations are sold out for UAE unlike the speicale which was sitting in the showroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    McLaren's demand for the Pista was high.

11. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Anyone could order a P1 and the Centenario only required previous Lamborghini history.

12. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    918 vips were well aware of the rules which have remained the same from the start. Porsche dealers have accepted deposits but have not promised allocations they don't have. ADM isn't a bribe. Buying Cayenne/Panamera Turbos isn't a good way to start, as racing Porsches w/ PMNA is more effective. Porsche doesn't have an official point system. The stipulations of your so called 918/VIP owners are fake. The manufacturer won't buy back the car within any time frame.

13. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    The previous gen wasn't limited and the current gt2rs isn't limited either. People appreciate just as much like the "true limited production cars"

14. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Not many people paid $500K for a 911R and they aren't suckers. They bought it because they wanted to, not to speculate. The manual GT3 isn't a standard option. It is a option. .1RS didn't flood eBay etc. and sit on them asking ridiculous prices forever. Porsche would rather sell cars to customers as they will receive other benefits. Lots are taking deliveries of GT3s, but that is because those who take deliveries of Macans don't post about it. It does appear to slow down. Europe won't be getting more.

15. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    GT cars are one year only. GT cars will be less than regular cars, and Leipzig is another production location.

16. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    #116 LamboLover, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Flippers caused a revised program with newer models.
    One of the projected revised terms according to CJ Wilson, was potentially extending the current term of ownership to 18 months for GT/RS owners to fight flippers.

Oh?
    It very much is treated as such. This person was selected for a 911R order, but was told he'd have to buy it at market price if he wanted it.
    Porsche won't let dealers tack ADM onto 918 VIP owners, so they get what they can out of everyone else.
    Most owners have no intention or time to go racing with Porsche.
    Because the VIP Program only exists in the states. That doesn't stop the dealers.
    Oh, so 918 VIP owners don't get first dibs on everything? And there's no rules regarding ownership including first refusal? And here I was reading direct from folks who owned a 918, own a Porsche dealership, or any other sort of involvement with buying a special model saying otherwise. :rolleyes:

17. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    So, back to the topic of 488 Pista.

dustman and Nelsonc275 like this.
  18. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    Am I on the wrong chat group??. Is this a Porsche thread or are we talking about the Pista here? Enough with the Porsche discussions... Does anyone know how many Pistas they are going to make as far as production numbers?? For example compared to the Speciale..

bretty2901 likes this.
  19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Seems there are different situations worldwide, apparently Ferrari did not spread the allocations proportionally to the local demands.
    The US seems to be the worst case for customers (but maybe the best case for wannabe flippers :D ) while in Europe the demand exceeds the expected supply, but not by a huge margin.

20. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Some (unconfirmed, as far as I understand) numbers have been circulated here, they are higher than the guessed Speciale numbers and even more so for the Aperta (which will not be "number limited" for the Pista).
    For the Speciale / Aperta the production numbers were probably between 2500 and 3000 for the Speciale, and 499 for the Aperta; what's expected is around 3000 to 3500 for the Pista and around 1000 for the Pista spider (whatever it will be called). These numbers include a few hundreds of "limited" edition models.

21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #121 Shadowfax, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Maybe some have taken the Porsche situation a bit too far (and perhaps personal) but the context and relevance to Pista's allocation scenarios' and how it isn't unique in that regard - to how buyers are being handled in general. Some are just being too sensitive and intolerant for some reason.

Calling out incorrect info or statements, where one deems them to be incorrect, surely isn't a crime?

F2003-GA likes this.
  22. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    The number of Pista allocations is equivalent to the number of Specialedelivered in France particularly at POZZI ( 38 allocations, 150 for France) so we can imagine the same production of Pista is 2500 to 3000 Pista over two years of production

23. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016

When you want to buy something, customers are told "demand is more than supply", but turn around and sell that same item back 5 minutes later, they will moan about demand being soft.

F2003-GA likes this.
  24. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Ferrari will not reduce Pista allocations when compared to 458 Speciale, expect a slight increase as Ferrari has increased ANNUAL production by more than 20% since 458 Speciale release.

Do you think markets like China weren't around 3 years ago when 458 Speciale was released? That "all increased production only going to new markets" is opportunistic talk.

YoY results matter a ton now that Ferrari is publicly listed. Look at their stock since.

F2003-GA likes this.
  25. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    maybe the way to think about this is how many Pistas will be available in YOUR country. In ALL of the Americas Ferrari is reducing supply. Why? More cars to Asia.