How Did You Get Your 488 Pista Allocation | FerrariChat

How Did You Get Your 488 Pista Allocation

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rossocorsa1, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

For those who have 100% confirmation from your dealer, how did you get your 488 Pista allocation?

1. Long time Ferrari client. My dealer offered me a Pista with no additional purchase required

87 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. I bought/leased a Lusso in return for an allocation

25 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. I purchased a new 488 GTB/Spider and was offered a Pista (with or without a trade-in)

27 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. I bought a used Ferrari in return for an allocation

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Other

41 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    There's a ton of speculation and anecdotes about how people are getting Pista's. For those who have received 100% confirmation from your dealer how did you get your 488 Pista allocations?

2. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Subscribed :)

3. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Asked dealer for one and was given an allocation after signed off by Ferrari.
    No additional purchase needed.

4. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    #4 458-Italia, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Long time Ferrari client. My dealer offered me a Pista with no additional purchase required
    In France, no Lusso required
    it looks like there are dealers eager to make a lot of money in the US :(

JagShergill, of2worlds and Napoli like this.
  5. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Heard for years that to move forward with Ferrari one had to buy the 2+2s. Got a Cal T for wife and somewhat unwillingly bought a FF. Actually loved it and bought a Lusso without being asked. So when the Pista came about, initially heard one had to buy a 488 Coupe. Posted both here by Shack and then dealer mumbled the same. I refused.

Got a Pista with no further purchases.

6. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Well done and congrats!

F2003-GA and of2worlds like this.
  7. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just told the dealer I wanted one and got allocation.

Il Co-Pilota and F2003-GA like this.
  8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

So you have no Ferrari ownership history? You have no relationship with the dealer at all? You’ve never bought a car from them? You simply waltzed into the showroom one day and said “I want a Pista” and you got one?

Il Co-Pilota and Afonsolaw like this.
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Don't worry - he is just pulling your leg. I think there's been quite a bit of that going on.

Bundy and Afonsolaw like this.
  10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    So far the poll results have confirmed my suspicions of how Pista allocations are awarded out in the US.

11. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    mafia situation in the usa :(

Afonsolaw likes this.
  12. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I told my dealer I wanted one and they told me to Pista off. :)

13. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Good one

Cigarzman likes this.
  14. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Of course I didn't. I just think it's hilarious that threads like this even exist in the first place. When you have to jump through hoops to buy a car, you should just go buy a better one somewhere else hassle-free.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  15. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    The game isn't for everyone. Still, the very best comes at a price, financial and otherwise.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  16. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    The hilarious part is that you are spending time on a thread that you are amazed exists. It appears you have never owned a Ferrari and don't want one or unwilling to do what it takes to own one. Sure there are hoops, but surely you must understand that the reason you can so easily buy your mclaren and Audi hassle free is that the demand is lacking. Why not go to the Audi or mclaren thread discuss cars you own or want instead of being dismissive and insulting to ferrari owners. Why spend time here at all?

Jo Sta7, Afonsolaw, Buckwest and 6 others like this.
  17. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    huh? what's up with noone1?

rajaramsivasankar likes this.
  18. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Test drove a car at some F car dealer, and a previously EUR working sales person born sales person told me:
    "It's amazing in the US! You get a prospect for a new Ferrari, you tell them I'll sell you a Ferrari but you gotta buy me 2 Maseratis, and they do it!!!"
    The fault is on the clients in the US who let themselves pushed around while they should not.
    Now, most European clients have less money, so they would not be able to be pushed around for too long anyhow.

Goosebug, Napoli and tifoso2728 like this.
  19. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    I agree ;)

iyang likes this.
  20. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Stop being pushed around by dealers. Just say no . . . .

21. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    we might not be looking at this exactly right. lets view it from the eyes of a dealer. dealers have a lot of mouths to feed when it comes to the most popular models. why should they sell to just anyone, even a good customer, but not one who bought the full range of vehicles from that dealer. if I'm a dealer with hard choices to make and very limited number of cars, and i have a customer who bought a california and a lusso, the less sought after models, why should i favor a customer who only bought the cars everyone wants. so i don't view as problematic a dealer asking a customer to do what others have done who are also asking, in order to be considered on the same footing. Everyone wants the same car, so how do you choose. you have to default to the lusso, california customer, unless the next customer wants to step up to the same plate. capish?

crazedboutcars and Bundy like this.
  22. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I agree that the dealers need to do what they need to do to maximize profit from each model. Whether it be via a Lusso or through some other justification, the dealers are perfectly within their right to sell strategically. I don’t begrudge them. I would do the same. Having said that, it isn’t for everyone. Heck, I’d love to be invited to buy the next supercar but I won’t be. I don’t operate at that level. I don’t get pissed about it. It just is. If you don’t have the stomach or the means to play the game then don’t.

crazedboutcars and Benternet like this.
  23. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    No Ferrari history except 812 on order.

24. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    I'd love to know how you worked that one out! :)

Il Co-Pilota and PATRIEK like this.
  25. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    My experience of both sides of the Ferrari familly (Eur and US), shows me that the top half US clientele has more disposable income to spend on toys than the European top tier Ferrari clientele (maybe not UK which I don’t know).

For example translates into far more competition in the US in the LE league than in Europe.
    Translates into higher prices as well.
    (A US or Eur Porsche or Range Rover carry pretty much the same price tag in Euro than Dollars. Like a 150kE 911 is 150k$ in US.
    Ferraris are much more expensive. Like 260kE lusso to 380k$ In US excluding taxes).
    US cars are much more and better optioned than Euro ones.
    You’ll find many more owners who own multiple exotic cars in the US than in Europe (can also be a factor of lack of available storage space in Eur)
    And so on...

BarryK and Bundy like this.