How decisions we make in early life can make all the difference in the world | FerrariChat

How decisions we make in early life can make all the difference in the world

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Yellow Compass, Sep 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi guys , I wanted to share this with all of you !! Each of us have A greatness that we are born with all we have to do is identify it :) it's incredible how a couple of words early on in life can make all the difference in the direction that we take and where we end up ,please please watch this
    Thanks
    Mike

Mimmo Blue and absostone like this.
  2. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    don't we have non-ferrari related forum sections for things like this?

Smiles likes this.
  3. 4574

4574 Karting

Jan 30, 2017
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Keith
    This is great! Thanks for sharing.

4. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    So moved to general Off Topic.

Matt

5. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi Guys This is a truly inspiring story if you havent seen it yet take a look :)
    Mike

6. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Got a great example of missing an opportunity that could have not only made my day but could have made my life.It must have been the early '80s. Location: Menlo Park,CA . Went to see a fellow Ferrari lover and he introduced
    me again to his little brother, Geoffrey Goodfellow. I said "What'cha up to , Jeff?" and he said just one word "Wireless."
    Well, I thought he meant he had learned to send Morse code. I didn't ask what he meant.
    Until yesterday i read an old story in the NY Times that Geoffrey had envisioned sending written messages wirelessly in 1982. But the odd thing is he didn't feel like getting a patent on it; no, it was going to be free to the world. Long story short about 10 years later someone got the same idea, and in researching it ,they found Geoffrey and hired him by the day --at $4000 a day--to help them implement it. Then, after a few days, they cast him off. So far, the story said, that firm made about $412 million. But that story dated back to 2006 so it might be over a billion by now.
    So what I should have done in response to his enigmatic word was ask The Next Question: "How do I get in on it...?"

Here's the actual story https://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/16/business/technology/in-silicon-valley-a-man-without-a-patent.html

jelpspeed and absostone like this.
  7. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Dear Brothers, just wanted to bump this thread to the top again , i always thought it was a good story :)
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

RossoCorsaItaly likes this.