How about July 22nd for a get together at my pad??? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How about July 22nd for a get together at my pad???

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by DrStranglove, May 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Just how much do you like to share.....he hee

2. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I've thought about this some more, I don't think I'll be swimming in that pool....How good is the filter?

3. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    John you going to post some directions, or will you just hoist a flag high about the mountain top.

Wade

4. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #29 DrStranglove, Jul 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is the best I can do for a map of the route. Sadly, MapQuest does not give a good look at the roads. Three maps are sent. One of the route and one a general map of the area around Lenoir. Another map will be sent with a close up of Lenoir and directions to my home.

My take on an time line would be:

Noon till 2:00 pm meet and greet at DrS's house. Light snacks, drinks, and stuff. Anyone who wants to swim or, heck, show up early and hang out is more than welcome. There is also a pond on my land that has some 10 - 15 lbs bass in it!!!

2:00 Drive to GrandFather Mt. Appx 40 miles via 321 to Blowing Rock to the Blue Ridge Parkway

3:00 Tour GFM Etc. Group photos

Appx 4:30 - 5:00 Leave for Blowing Rock Via NC 183 to Shulls Mill Rd

Shulls Mill is about 10 miles or so of some of the twistiest road in the state and dumps you out right back at the Blowing Rock entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

6:00 - 6:30 Drinks and who ever wants dinner at Twiggs in Blowing Rock.

All times are extremely approximant!!!

Anyone who wants to make a weekend out of it, Blowing Rock is a fine small mountain resort town. Plenty of shops and stuff. Hell you could stay at my house in Lenoir if anyone wants. I can hold about 5 couples comfortably. 7 if we push it.

Once getting into Lenoir DrS’s house is easy.

Take US 64 East (A right turn off US 321 )

Go through one light to the first real St on you right which is Tremont Park Dr (Appx two miles from US 321 )

Once on Tremont Park Dr bear to the right and keep going. You will head strait at a separate neighborhood called Stone Croft ( Stone sign ) but take the Left turn before going in there.

A tight right then a sharp left and head up a hill.

Crest of the hill and the house on the right with the big white columns is it. There is a sign out front the first entrance that says “Club Rogers”

Address is

Jonathan Rogers
    520 Tremont Park Dr
    Lenoir NC 28645

(h) 828 758 1838
    ( c ) 828 758 1838

Cell would likely be best on the day!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    #30 Crawler, Jul 15, 2006
  6. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Anyone who is staying nearby over the weekend should consider staying at the Chetola Resort in Blowing Rock NC. www.chetola.com. It's a great place and looks almost like the Lake Lure atmosphere.
    Also the NC Symphony will be playing at the Chetola Resort on the Lake on Friday night July 21st if anyone is interested.
    I have a wedding to attend to this weekend on Saturday July 22nd so I won't be able to make it.

7. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    That Dino is beautiful! Are you an FCA member?

8. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Seriously!!!

9. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    #34 Crawler, Jul 15, 2006
    Thank you. It's a non-restored, one-owner car. You might recognize the color as "Verde Germoglio". Yes we are FCA members, or to be precise, my dad is. He has owned the car from new, It's a RHD European-spec, s/n 7412.

I just recently moved to Charleston to be with my dad. He's now 87 and no longer drives. The car suffered a bit from not being driven much until my arrival. That's no longer an issue.

10. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Lovely.... Just lovely!!

11. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Like Father, like son! He has taught you well. Should I send you a FCA membership application?

12. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Thanks. I'll check to find out when my dad's membership comes up for renewal. When it does, I'll probably just take out a new one in my name and let his lapse. No point in getting two newsletters, unless you think there's some other advantage.

I'm hoping to be able to take it to some events once the weather cools off a bit. I do make a point in giving it a workout at least once a week, although I keep to a self-imposed 6500 redline. Even on a fairly hot day, it's not too bad with the top off as long as I'm moving, but it can be brutal in traffic. I have never known the engine to overheat, but the driver's another matter! Today is 90+ and very humid, so I'll probably just admire it in the garage! Of course, A/C was unheard of in the UK back in the 70s.

Dan

13. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    a lovely and different Dino..a RHD in Charleston, SC; how do you see to pass?

I love the color. The interior looks new in the pictures. As for joining the FCA, there are many advantages...check the website. The people you meet are worth 10x the price of admission.

Enjoy.

14. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    The seats just got redone by Bendt Bros. here in Charleston. The old ones were coming apart at the seams and leaking dried foam rubber all over. The new leather isn't a perfect match to the door and bulkhead panels, but is pretty close. It's much more soft and supple that the original ever was. Other than that, the interior is pretty much original. The car has just over 29,000 miles on it.

I have received a lot of compliments on the color, so thank you. Not many around like it.

You're right about seeing to pass. It's really the only RHD drawback. It's usually possible to plan ahead and dart out for a quick peek, but it can be a problem, particularly when stuck behind a large vehicle. When I was at the stereo shop the other day having a CD player installed, I noticed those back-up camera set-ups that they have for RVs. That gave me an idea. It turns out that it would be perfectly feasible to mount one of the tiny cameras (forward facing) in the left fender-mounted Sebring mirror. This would be connected to a small (6" or so) LCD screen which could be mounted (in some non-invasive way, of course) to the left of the instrument pod, or maybe ahead of the shift lever. They said $600 - $800 total cost. I would think that, being well outboard of even the left-hand seat's line of sight, such a set-up would give a pretty good view of the road ahead...

I'm sure I'll join FCA eventually, but I'll just piggyback on my dad's membership for now. I quit my job (with Interstate Batteries) in Dallas to move here to help my dad out, so my first priority (after getting the Dino fixed up, of course) is finding a new one!

Dan

15. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Dan, Mark August 12th on your calandar, that is the Coach I F40 party and Highlands drive. Look for a post this week. Also, think we may have a Masserati coming from your area as well as a Diablo. Perhpas you can caravan.

16. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I STILL think you should drive it to my party!!!!

17. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Doc:

Man, I would love to... I'm afraid you'd have to have a nurse with a saline I.V. to hook me up to once I got there. (Oh yeah, you'd have to hook me up to the I.V. as well.) Of course, margaritas have salt, don't they?

Maybe if you do another one once the weather cools down some. I'll bet it's really nice up there in the fall.

If you're interested, I'm going to put up some more photos early next week in the Dino area. Look for "Foto Germoglio".

I trust you'll post some photos of your little get-together... Have a blast!

Dan S.

18. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Good to go.

And I should be in Charleston in August so maybe you will let me buy you lunch and a cigar one day.

19. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    "And I should be in Charleston in August so maybe you will let me buy you lunch and a cigar one day."

You're on. (Although I'll probably have to pass on the cigar.) I'll be away for a few days around the 20th to attend my sister's wedding in L.A.

[email protected]

20. Black Sheep

Black Sheep Rookie

Jul 17, 2006
    Hickory, NC
    Full Name:
    Shannon
    Would it be too forward to ask if a guy that loves Ferrari's (but doesn't own one) could come and see some cars and chat with a few people that do happen to own them? I never have been able to look at a Ferrari in person and have always wanted the chance to do so :)

Hope I'm not being too forward since I'm new and all here ;)

Shannon

21. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
  22. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist Karting

Mar 23, 2005
    Raleigh, NC - USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Doc, you posted the same phone number twice... is that the cellphone or the home number?

And have you got room and Saturday night crash space for an old friend who'd love to come up and hang out and play with the big dogs? :) The paint's not in the best shape, but she still hugs the curves like a champ...

[​IMG]

Patrick W. Heinske -- [email protected]

23. Enthusiast

Enthusiast Rookie

Oct 18, 2004
    Wilmington
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    Hate to be another to ask if I can tag along without owning an F Car. BUT, if my schedule is clear and you guys would have me I have not-so-stock C5 Z06 that would love to come and play. See if I can keep up at least.

24. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Patrick is right. The numbers posted are my home. Cell is 828 446 9625!!!!!

So far no one has RSVP'ed, which does not matter, so I dont know how many, (If any!!) to expect!!!

Patrick you are welcome to crash. But watch out for my attack cats!!!

25. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist Karting

Mar 23, 2005
    Raleigh, NC - USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Ain't no ***** you're gonna have there that I'll be afraid of, Doc... looking forward to it! :) And thanks!