Houston.. Wonder how many F-cars are flooded? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Houston.. Wonder how many F-cars are flooded?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ICULUKN, Aug 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I think we're thinking of two different things. It sounds like you're referring to the inflatable car bubbles that have a blower/fan to keep it inflated to keep dust off the car. I'm referring to a large bag looking thing you literally drive into from the back and then zip it up and it's made specifically for floods.

This is what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-rteQSHaIM

2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    sphere was also fine

3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    It all bad but that's not 4 feet of water - if it was you would not even see those cars. None the less, they are done.

4. drodz

drodz Rookie

Apr 14, 2016
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Yes you are correct. But take a look at the water mark. At one point it covered the entire hood and a portion of the windshield. Maybe 3-feet of water???

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yeah the waterline was definitely up to part of the windshield...regardless the car is toast. :(

AceMaster likes this.
  6. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Dealers seem to have lucked out. Hope you came out ok as well, Ross!

7. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Very good point and I agree.

But, let's remember this post. Really REMEMBER IT.

I PROMISE It will live to bite someone dead in the ass (again), just y'all wait and see.

8. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Yep.

If they were really CARS and NOT 'Computers with Wheels' it wouldn't be that big a deal.

9. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I agree with this assessment. There are cars stored at Driver Source, Alara Garage, and FoH, and they are all a ok.

But in their estimates for cars lost, I have a feeling the number will be much greater.

10. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    The Ford GT, Speciale, and 488 drowning is a good example of someone with more money than friends or sense. Every time I see this, I think they just wanted the pay day.

How many on here would help another F-chatter in need for a free flight and a $1000 gas card and a promise to see you again in a month to save them?

Maybe they were just out of the country. That must be it.

11. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA

As a bump
    I've been trying to track a couple models as getting the itch again. Mondial T cabriolet especially a Valeo and 456 M . A week ago almost no inventory. Today about five Ts and several 456s but all but one the Valeo are from Texas whuch immediately sets off a red flag.. they look ok but wondering...especially at the near low end of today's price points. Don't even know if Brian Crall would even be in the game to assist the discussion. I don't roll the dice any more.

adesalos likes this.