[HOUSTON] It's finally here! Houston Exotic Car Night | Page 5 | FerrariChat

[HOUSTON] It's finally here! Houston Exotic Car Night

Discussion in 'Texas' started by roro, Mar 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vrracr

vrracr Karting

Jan 14, 2007
    Sugar Land, Texas
    screw the rain! i brought my car to work today so it's already dirty...i'm down to go and ashik just got to my office with his.

lets all just get together and hang out if nothing else.

2. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    Yup! I'm down.

I will be there at 5PM!!!

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'll probably be there a little bit after 5. My roommate said he couldn't leave as early as I'd like. With traffic and everything, hope to be there around 5:15. And regardless, we'll take some rainy day pictures.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Rollin' now.....it's ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

5. rickjaffe

rickjaffe Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2005
    houston
    Full Name:
    richard jaffe
    sorry for the no show with the bentley; on 59 north just west of main accelerated and heard some bad noise; slowed down, no noise, accelerated again, bad noise and hot water smell

pulled off of on fannin; the radiator (some special order griffen) got loose and on acceleration slammed into the fan puncturing the radiator core. every time I accerlerated it got pushed into the fan again. did a temp fix with some wire and limped home. car started steaming as I pulled into the driveway.
    oh well, could have been worse; such is the joy of classic car ownership.

thanks to roro; let's do it again sometime.
    regards, rick jaffe

6. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    #106 roro, Apr 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wow...even with the rain, chance of severe thunderstorms, tornados, and even hail... the hardcore exotic car owners and car enthusiasts came out to Pub Fiction tonight. I thought we had cancelled it, but I wanted to go anyways since I first started the thread...

I got there at 5PM and within the next hour, we turned that parking lot into a beautiful place not phased by the dark clouds. It was great! Thanks to all that came from F-Chat, Rennlist, and Ferrari of Houston. We had around 11-14 cars there...Ferraris of all kinds, Porsches(anyone have pics?), BMW, VW, etc. Hats off to "mycarsux" (Wylie) for coming out as well and dragging his wife along! I hope she had some fun hanging around boys with their toys.

Anyways, I didnt take that many pictures. Actually, I did, but I must have drank a little too many to keep the camera from shaking so my pics were bad. I think Sameer had some good shots he can probably post.

Sameer, can you post your pics? There were some gorgeous cars out there...348, 355, GT2, etc. that I did not get any up-close pics

Thanks again to Jason for setting it up with Pub Fiction. I think this would be a great location each time we do this. Hopefully, they let us do it again. Great food, drinks, and people! Because of the rain, we weren't able to block off the entire lot; next time, I think we take that place over!

...lastly, NO LAMBO guys were there (at least when I left around 8:30ish). What's up with that?!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. vrracr

vrracr Karting

Jan 14, 2007
    Sugar Land, Texas
    I had a blast! What a great event! Thanks roro for taking initiave and setting it up and thanks jason for arranging the venue. Under the circumstances, it was an excellent turnout and it was really nice to finally put faces to f-chat screen names.

Hope we can do one of these every couple months or quarterly or something.

8. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    #108 speedy_sam, Apr 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Had a great time yesterday. Always good to meet car enthusiasts. Thanks to Jason and Ro for co-ordinating this.

Maybe next time we can do a lunch and drive. Fcars look fabulous standing still but they are poetry in motion. :)

Here are my pics - the last shot was taken en-route to the meet - a bunch of sportscars being trailered - I guess it was for one of those one day driving experiences.

9. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    LOL, that's my yellow 911 in the front.

10. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Who's GT4 is that?
    I thought Rick and I had the only ones in Houston.

11. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    It was Rick's car/

12. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    ...lastly, NO LAMBO guys were there (at least when I left around 8:30ish). What's up with that?![/QUOTE]

Sorry I missed it. The rain kept the SV in the garage. I will make the next one. Getting a new toy this next week I can bring.

13. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It was great meeting (almost) everyone. Had some good laughs.

Hopefully next time the weather will cooperate with us. I'll just park next to mycarsux next time unless there are extra spots available. Seems I caused quit an uproar with the valets.

By the way what the hell happened to the "severe" weather we were suppose to receive late last night? I know it never stormed on my side of town.

Hope we can plan another event and create a monthly meet or something along those lines. Maybe a cruise in the future as well.

14. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    Don't worry about that. I think the valet guys were just expecting all Ferraris on that line. Like we said before, you park where we all are!

Let me know when you guys are up for a drive. I'm down!

15. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Looks like you guys had to good first turnout, congrats.

16. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    I can't believe all those exotics were on an OPEN trailer! Maybe it was a short transit from Lamborghini of Houston on I45 to "vrracr's" house!

17. Gonzalo92

Gonzalo92 Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Houston
    I'v seen a trailer u nloading cars at the bentley dealership, but they were in a closed trailer

18. Gonzalo92

Gonzalo92 Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Houston
    I'm back from Hawaii, the only ferrari I saw was a 360 modena, it was pretty cool, Hawaii was AWESOME, and the meets look cool

19. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Well hello to all my f-chatters that were able to make it out to our first happy hour. thanks to Ro for suggesting it and thanks to Sameer for all the great pictures! i was amazed to see so many of us show up with the weather like that. i believe that i can speak for everyone in saying that Pub Fiction is the perfect place for a meet/happy hour like that.

I would be curious to know if everyone would like to do this on a once a month basis. I think that after we did this a few more times, we would litterally have to shut down that entire lot just for all of our cars!

20. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    Sorry I couldn't make it, guys! Looks like you all had fun. Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one.

21. Inowownone

Inowownone Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Tom W.
    Sorry I missed it. The rain kept the SV in the garage. I will make the next one. Getting a new toy this next week I can bring.[/QUOTE]

Kevin, What was the new toy? Need to hook up for another card game at Smiths. Tom from Dallas.