[HOUSTON] It's finally here! Houston Exotic Car Night | Page 4 | FerrariChat

[HOUSTON] It's finally here! Houston Exotic Car Night

Discussion in 'Texas' started by roro, Mar 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    i'll try and convince my wife to drive a Bentley GT. it all depends on the weather though - since we're coming from Dallas, i need to make the call early and have the cars readied

2. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    Looks like we're going to have a great turnout! I just spoke to a couple guys at the gym where I work out and they may be coming as well.

I will wait for them to confirm on this site.

One has a beautiful Ferrari Superamerica. The other has a Viper rare Mambo Edition.

3. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    My wife wants a Bentley GT. If you bring it, I may have to write a check for one next week. I know she'll want to see it :)

4. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    wow.. at this rate, that parking lot is going to be FULL of exotics. going to be pretty funny seeing the looks on peoples faces as they all wonder in for happy hour haha

lets get a good confirmed number of people tommorrow by lunch or early afternoon, then send out a reminder email

5. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    1. roro +1, Ferrari 360
    2. vrracr, Ferrari 360
    3. houston348 +1, Ferrari 348
    4. ashik, Ferrari 360
    5. joe, Porsche GT2
    6. Speedy_sam + 1, Ferrari 348
    7. BigTex +1, 308GTB
    8. TexasF355F1 +1, BMW E92 335
    9. Patsy +0, F355 (Ferrari club of Houston)
    10. Susan E +1, F355 Spider (Ferrari club of Houston)
    11. rickjaffe, 308GT4
    12. rickjaffe (jr), Porsche 928
    13. ferrari_rebel, F430
    14. murciemurcie +1, Lambo Gallardo (possibly)
    15. Sean F, 308GTB (possible - depends on work)
    16. Rob Roy, Porsche 328 S4
    17.Piccardo, Prosche 328
    18. mycarsux +1. VW Golf 1.8t. I'll park in the street if I have to :-(
    19. ali f, Ferrari 360 Spider
    20. kev360, Lambo Diablo SV, 8pm
    21. archi +1, W211 E55
    22. Lizard1 +1, Gallardo spider(possibly)

6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This is gonna be a lot of fun I think. I hope we don't get rained out. The more I hear, the more it sounds like later in the night Friday.

7. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    i just watched the weather forecast on Local 2, and they said that the rain would be later at night and into saturday morning so i think we should be GOOD TO GO for 5pm happy hour!!!

8. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    I heard the same!!!

9. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    anything for a fellow 'horn ;)

10. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Provided everything goes as scheduled, when we arrive will we just say we're part of the Ferrari Chat group, pay $7 for parking I'm assuming...then around $5 for tip as Roro mentioned?

I work off of Westpark so I'm gonna leave the office around 4:30pm, pick up my roommate and head out. Should be there right at 5pm I'd imagine.

I guess it would be a good idea for all of us to keep track of FChat during the day to make sure everything is a go. I think a cut off time of say 2 or 3pm would be good. Meaning if a cancellation is in order it will be posted in here no later than that time. But with Lizard coming from D-Town I would imagine it should be earlier than that.

Off to wash my car. Don't care if it rains, it needs it and it'll only be my 2nd time to wash her since pick up day.

11. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    I would say all good suggestions. Just say you are part of the F-Chat Group or Exotic car night, then proceed and pay the valets.

I'll be there around 5PM as well. We'll probably post sometime around noon-2PM if it is going to be post-poned. In any case, like you, I don't care too much about a little rain.

12. mac59

mac59 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    add me to the list. Ferrari 355 spider.

Mac

13. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    Latest List:

1. roro +1, Ferrari 360
    2. vrracr, Ferrari 360
    3. houston348 +1, Ferrari 348
    4. ashik, Ferrari 360
    5. joe, Porsche GT2
    6. Speedy_sam + 1, Ferrari 348
    7. BigTex +1, 308GTB
    8. TexasF355F1 +1, BMW E92 335
    9. Patsy +0, F355 (Ferrari club of Houston)
    10. Susan E +1, F355 Spider (Ferrari club of Houston)
    11. rickjaffe, 308GT4
    12. rickjaffe (jr), Porsche 928
    13. ferrari_rebel, F430
    14. murciemurcie +1, Lambo Gallardo (possibly)
    15. Sean F, 308GTB (possible - depends on work)
    16. Rob Roy, Porsche 328 S4
    17.Piccardo, Prosche 328
    18. mycarsux +1. VW Golf 1.8t. I'll park in the street if I have to :-(
    19. ali f, Ferrari 360 Spider
    20. kev360, Lambo Diablo SV, 8pm
    21. archi +1, W211 E55
    22. Lizard1 +1, Gallardo spider(possibly)
    23. Mac59, Ferrari 355 Spider

14. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    I sent this same email reminder to F-chat members going:

Hey guys,

This message is only going to those registered on F-chat so please inform your friends and fellow car owners attending. I do not have their email addresses of course.

This is just a reminder that we are still ON for Pub Fiction at 5PM tomorrow. Let's all try to get there at that time. IN FACT, I think the place opens at 4PM so feel free to get there a little earlier if you want. I think that most of the rain will be coming in late Friday evening and into Saturday morning.

I'm sure some of you have been watching the weather. I'm hopeful it is not bad. In any case, please check back on this site at around noon to 1PM as we will post if it is on or postponed. I will not send out an email reminder.

When you do get there at 5PM, please proceed to parking lot and just let the valets know you are part of the F-chat Exotic Car Event. Please make sure to take care of them. We have the patio area reserved.

Thanks again to Jason for reserving everything at Pub Fiction. It's great to know people in high places :)

Can you ask the owner if it does get postponed, what about Saturday for those that can make it? Just a though although I think we are 99% ON.

Anyways, I'm going to wash my car tomorrow. See you soon!

15. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    Out the door to workout and its sprinkling on the northside but I think we will still be okay for tonight:cool:

16. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    im locked an loaded haha.. i drove my car into work, and i plan on tearing it up tonight, so rain or no rain, im going.. but i think the weather wont be an issue.. a little cloudy on the west side, but things change quick here and i am hoping the rain wont come until later tonight.

i stopped by Pub last night and they are all set for us... reserving the highly visible spots in the lot for us..

i plan on being there around 4:45 with a cold beer in hand. see yall there!

17. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sorry all not going to make it.

Given the choice mine stay tucked under thier car covers when it looks like rain.

Have fun.

PS - For those not going why don't you plan on heading out 59 to the winery. Helen and I will be there. Just say you're from Fchat and we'll give you a free wine tasting.
    for directons go to www.circlesvineyards.com

BigTex, you heading my way?

18. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    I'm in too! I have received confirmations from some members as well.

See you soon!

19. vrracr

vrracr Karting

Jan 14, 2007
    Sugar Land, Texas
    ashik, joe and myself will be rolling up there. gotta get a carwash today...see you guys in a lil while.

safeer

20. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    i'm bailing as well due to weather and really need to tend to other stuff BUT if the weather had cooperated that other stuff "could've waited" ;)

had to make the call early this AM since we're coming from Dallas and we've got nasty storms supposedly starting up pretty soon

y'all have a great time and be sure to take plenty of pics - make crystal cove seem like a distant memory ;)

21. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    See you there. I'll get there at 5.

22. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    It's about 12:30PM. Well as you can see, there is some light drizzle out there. WE ARE STILL ON.

Safeer, Ashik, Joe, Jason, Bubba, Murciemurcie, myself and others have confirmed going even in the rain. That's hardcore!

We can get some good Exotic Cars in the rain pictures.

I'm down! A little rain doesn't hurt. It just gives me reason to clean it up real good tomorrow.

If you are too scared to bring your car out, then come anyways in your daily driver.

So see you all there and try to get there 5PM or before. Like Jason said, the patio is covered so even if it rains, we can get some drinks and food and enjoy the company. Bring your friends and family!

By the way, Bubba says, for all you Lambo owners, keep your traction control on. ;)

See you soon

23. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    it seems that it is raining in some parts of the city and not others. im definitely going no matter what since i have my car out already anyway. my guy from Pub called to get the scoop and he said if it is raining and the patio is closed, he will set us up right inside on a big high tabletop. so he has us covered either way.

24. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    Thats sounds good. I'm coming in from Kingwood area. Rain is a light drizzle.

We should be ok. If you feel we need to postpone, now is the time to do it. We can go again tomorrow.

But since we are all set up today and people will be there, let's go....I'm hardcore and so is my wife! See you there!

Vrracr, joe, ashik and others will be there at 5 as well. Let's not let this rain damper the day.

25. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Unfortunately the weather is NOT going to cooperate with us today, so unoffically the "event" will not be happening, BUT it sounds like there ARE some people going anyway, me being one of them haha. like i said before, i am out anyway so i might as well go for a beer.