Houston - Coffee and Exotics June! (6/7/08) | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Houston - Coffee and Exotics June! (6/7/08)

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ferrariblue, May 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    #101 roro, Jun 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    haha, of course she did :)

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Nice legs!

Nice pic. Looks more like a lake than a bay.;)

4. ferrariblue

ferrariblue Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Cody
    aaranzabal, any pics to share? video?

C-

5. aaranzabal

aaranzabal Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    yeah im so sorry.. im making the video as we speak, i just havent had any time to make it so far.. im having a problem with the pictures because they are at my dads house.. the video will be up tonight and i promise promise promise that the pictures will be up tomorrow.. check in like an hour and the video should be up.. just so u know itll be a lot shorter than usual

6. aaranzabal

Feb 25, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    the video is done.. the quality is definitely not like normal (i dont know why but there is no "watch in high quality" button, its the same camera as last time).. ferrariblue, your 360 sounded really good! unfortunately, i wont be here for the next two events because i will be in china. when i get back though ill continue videotaping the events (by the way i dropped the video camera when ty was leaving in the gallardo so i need to buy a new one, i was able to upload the videos to the computer but i cant record anymore). the pictures will be up tomorrow for sure

heres the link for the video (for some reason its not widescreen either, i think its kinda messed up because i dropped it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaeU3PH_nvM

7. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Sorry to hear about the camcorder? :(

8. wideblacknsx

wideblacknsx Karting

Aug 27, 2004
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Ty
    Sorry to hear what happened Will :eek:

9. wideblacknsx

wideblacknsx Karting

Aug 27, 2004
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Ty
    Awesome pic Ro!!! :cool:

10. Robert_K

Robert_K Karting

May 31, 2008
    Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Sorry to hear about the camera. I recently bought a Sony DCR-SR45 Handycam for $398 shipped from www.butterflyphoto.com. Cheapest pricing I found anywhere.

11. ferrariblue

Jun 12, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Cody
    Great video. I never new my car sounded like that from behind on acceleration! I may just leave the stock 360 exhaust after hearing it. Sorry to hear about your camera, I always use the strap on mine to hold it to my wrist.

C-

12. aaranzabal

Feb 25, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    i just checked my video on youtube and there is now a high quality button. Thats so weird cuz it wasnt there yesterday. was it there when u guys checked?

13. 335i

335i Rookie

May 29, 2007
    NW Houston
    Full Name:
    Ricky
    Ro, I am going to get the pics from the autumnbahn photoshoot tomorrow (Friday) will call you!!

14. Robert_K

Robert_K Karting

May 31, 2008
    Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    Robert

Think ever since I started using YouTube Beta its been there.

15. 328Nero

328Nero Karting

May 14, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    The Dude
    I know that the Saturday cars and coffee was never meant to be a dealer tour but I received an offer that I said I would throw out to you guys and see if anyone was interested so here it goes...

Would anyone be interested in having the next cars and coffee at a local Lexus dealer for a ride and drive of the new IS F? I will not mention the dealer name just yet unless we decide to do it but it is in Houston. The dealer has offered basically to do the same thing that we had at LOH last Saturday but obviously there wouldnt be as much eye candy to look at in the shop as there was at LOH. They were however interested in showing off the new IS F and discussing details if anyone is interested...

So what say you?

16. Robert_K

Robert_K Karting

May 31, 2008
    Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Damn! I won't be in Houston till August. :( I'd love to check out the new IS-F.

17. ferrariblue

Jun 12, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Cody
    It appeared attendance had dropped off when we held it to an "offsite" location such as Lamborghini Houston, although we did have a great time. My suggestion forward is that we move back to Uptown Starbucks for July and re-evaluate after we see what attendance we have for our July gathering. One option to pursue is that if we get an offer from a auto facility - we could do a cruise after our coffee and drive to whatever location has offered up some goodies for us.

feedback is welcome.

C-

18. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I would definitely be interested. Lexus or not. Any dealer willing to open up their place to a bunch of people is a dealer I'm willing to look at first to do business with.

That is a good idea. However, we would have to make sure that most everyone would agree to go on the cruise. We don't want the same thing to happen again. I felt bad for LoH because they had so much food and drink and not nearly the amount of people anticipated.

I'm not sure why the turn out was so low. Was word not spread as much as before?

One thing I have thought about Cody is expected attendance. If someone says they are coming, but cannot make it, we need to be notified about that.

19. ferrariblue

Jun 12, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Cody
    Well, the reason Uptown Starbucks works out so well is that I don't ask for an RSVP, so there is no pressure for anyone to show up. The intention was a very informal Monthly gathering, and not an organized "club" of sorts. If there is a low attendance for any reason, no big deal. We will have our coffee, stay a while and then hit the road. Also Uptown Starbucks seems to be a natural exotic car and sports car hang out on Saturday mornings; it seems as if there have been many cars that have just stumbled onto our gathering of cars. The Starbucks location is hard to beat right now. I hope most people feel the same.

C-

20. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Great point. I agree. And as time rolls on it may grow on it's own.

Not like we don't have a good time regardless of our locatoin.

21. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    #121 roro, Jun 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
    The last time we did it at Starbucks, I plasterred it all over the boards, HPD, H-I, Lambo, Vette, Viper, etc. and just did a viral-type of marketing. I emailed everyone and their mom! There were a few moms there too! haha That is why we had so many people from all car types. That needs to happen again for it to be successful. There was a lot of work behind the scenes (text messages, emails, calls, blogs, etc.).It doesn't matter where the event is, if it is advertised and hyped-up, people will go....unless of course it is in the sketchy parts of town where I live...haha.

Sorry that there was a low turnout at LOH, especially with the long notice. There just needs to be a better job of advertising, and most importantly, following up the contacts to hype up the event.

I disagree with the statement about not asking for an RSPV. If you recall last time and take a look at the last event thread, I updated that list every few hours and built up the hype. An RSVP is a commitment, and most people that say they will be going via RSVP will go. If not, they get a sense they "sold out." An RSVP gives a person a sense they belong and are a part of something...that they are required to attend. It also shows those that are going, that the list is building and catching up to the hype. Were you guys looking every few hours to see if anyone else RSPV'ed? I know I did.

That's just my $0.02.

I'm down for wherever next time. Let's all do our part in the FChat community to spread the word.

22. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    #122 roro, Jun 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. ferrariblue

Jun 12, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Cody
    Clarification: what I meant to say about RSVP is that It's a good idea if people post their usernames to confirm that they are coming. For this last event I was having to send an "offical" RSVP head count to Richard at LoH for the event. So I had an obligation there to try to get as many people out so as not to dissapoint.

C-

24. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    I love how the water is a terrible greenish brown color. LOL if it were in Florida it would be a gorgeous blue. Oh well thats what we got. Cool pics Ro

25. aaranzabal

Feb 25, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will