Houston-ATTN!! Upcoming Saturday Exotics and Coffee 8/2/08 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Houston-ATTN!! Upcoming Saturday Exotics and Coffee 8/2/08

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ferrariblue, Jul 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    wow, all those pics posted is like yall are professional photographers! nice!

did anyone get a count of all the cars.. definitely the most I've seen out there

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Good luck with your decision Ro. Either way I doubt you'll be sorry. White would be awesome, from a rarity stand point. Not to mention it looks gorgeous. Can't wait to go for a ride. ;)

Once again the time I miss is an amazing turn out. Did anyone hear the accident happen on 610? I was stuck on the top of 610 (over 59) for at least 1 hour and 15 minutes. That's how long it took me to exit at San Felipe because the freeway was shut down.

Really wish I could have came up there. But family comes first and glad to see my cousin is holding up well considering everything.

Is the owner of the silver-grayish Lotus with the spoiler a member here? My dad moved over to let him pass us on 290 and my dad fell in love with your car. I wondered if he had gone to the meet...sure enough.

Great pics....I'm greatly looking forward to the next meet.

3. aaranzabal

aaranzabal Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    #103 aaranzabal, Aug 4, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
    im still in beijing and just got a chance to look at the pictures. Are u freakin kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! 2 carrera gt's!!!!!!!! i cannot believe i missed this one. can u guys please post any more pics of the cgt's and anything from the run?
    oh well, at least ill be at the next one, with a video camera!! hope the turnout is just as amazing next time

oh and angel.. can u email me the pics u got of the cgt's

4. Rothbauer_Racing

Rothbauer_Racing Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2007
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Röthbauer Racing GmbH
    #104 Rothbauer_Racing, Aug 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Despite over 100 deg temperatures on open concrete in the Uptown Park which felt more like 105+ it was overwhelming to see so many various makes of Exotic & Sports Cars turn out! It was good to see previous and new owners of sports cars as well. For those that went off on the drive thru memorial park and Allen Parkway that just added more excitement to it all. Losing position on the drive from the Ferrari’s and then catching up with them at the rest area off the Allen Parkway was just what I needed before the end of the event but, wait what do I hear? Heading towards downtown the Carrera GT, Ford GT’s, Viper & Surpra Turbo go by at BLAZING Speeds while were at the rest area which sounded more like the Houston Grand Prix on the Allen Parkway! You had to have been there to here the roar of these engines going by!

Great Photos everyone!

Ciao,

Stanislaus R.R.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hey thanks for that shot! LOL!

Very nice.......

Well, this was the biggest turn out so far in my estimation, definately a great event.....now if i could only catch the eye of that tall blond jogger against the window at the Starbucks......LOL!

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Perfect placement of that solar flare, over my expired Inspection Sticker........gotta fix that darn horn....:rolleyes:

7. Rothbauer_Racing

Rothbauer_Racing Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2007
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Röthbauer Racing GmbH
    That's what solar flares are for. ;P) Girl jogges to Starbucks for coffee? I think she was looking for her new man, could be you! ;P)

Anyone know how many cars from various makes were actually at the event?

Ciao,

SRR

8. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Very nice pics!

9. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Damn I missed one of the biggest turnout's ever as well as CGT's and the ESPRIT!!
    I decided to watch F1 qualifying and then had to headout to Needville for business reason's and I am still here. Pic's look great also thank's for sharing.

10. lotusdude

lotusdude Karting

Jul 31, 2008
    Fort Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Jake Miller
    hey , TexasF355F1, it was me that passed you on 290 in the grey lotus, tell your dad thanks for letting me buy, that lotus for some reason drives terrible when its going slow! I love car shows , but I like driving more! Thanks for having us out at the event guys, great cars and good folks,
    see you all at the next gathering,
    jake

11. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    Ty: still no wheels on that bad boy?! I should have sold you mine.

By the way, was Crave's Cupcakes open that morning? I love that place!

12. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    LOL. We were in the beige Tahoe with (ugly as sin) running boards if you remember it. My dad, and my mom too were in such awe over your car. It was pretty funny for me to see them like that. Look forward to meeting you and taking a closer look at your car next month.

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yes it was, there was a cute girl in there applying the coconut toppings........LOLOLOL!

I did talk with her.......:D

14. ferrariblue

ferrariblue Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Cody
    Did anyone happen to shoot a video of the event or the drive? Is it posted somewhere?

C-

15. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    When are you guys all coming out again? I would love to join and meet y'all in person!

16. ferrariblue

ferrariblue Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Cody
    It will be the 1st Saturday a.m. in September - watch for my new post for the event soon.

Cody

17. aaranzabal

aaranzabal Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Next time I will!!!! :-D

18. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles