Hot off the press!! Big announcement!!! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Hot off the press!! Big announcement!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, Jul 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    #126 ^@#&, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    On behalf of the kids of the Boys and Girls clubs of Delaware let me extend a huge thankyou to all who attended. Your generosity and your comraderie was overwhelming!! We had an excellent day with no mishaps and learned a great deal from our sponsors. Let me point out just a few people who made this event possible. First thanks to the people of Dupont motorsports. Specifically Jeff Littel, Chris,Paul and Bill. Second thanks to Chris "The detail guy" and his girlfriend.Your techniques made a concours guy like me humble. Lastly but certainly not least John of "Johnny Dents" who made the day. Now some statistics.

106 people attended the event
    20 cars braved the Dyno with a top WHP from a super charged 2007 Corvette of 475 WHP.
    $2037 dollars raised for our Christmas party

This is the most ever raised in our five years of Charity fund raising!!!
    What can I say but to say Thankyou!!
    Jon in Delaware

3. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #128 rcraig, Aug 18, 2007
    To Jon and all the guys at the shop. Thanks so much for a great day. Everything was fantastic and many thanks to the guys from Johnny Dents and Detail Guy. This was a fantastic collection of cars and most of all an amazing collection of Car People. It's you guys that made all this possible for the kids. We just came and had a great time. The little bit of money was nothing for the great show and fun I'm sure we all had. Josh has been working like crazy on a video that we will have up soon and he will be willing to burn some DVD's that we will leave a pile with Jon and keep some with us , so the next time you see us just ask. I will put up some pix from the event also. Bob
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    What a perfect mix of awesome cars...

5. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Bob, that set of photos really shows the exclusive mix of cars. Who took those you or Josh? I love the photo of the six speed gearbox through the seatbelt hole in the racing seats of the barchetta,and not so coincidentally the Barchetta emerging from the shadows is a fantastic photo as well. Is it possible to get those shots from you I would like to make prints of them. thanks a ton for your coverage of the event and thank for coming. jon

6. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    for what its worth, Jon uses that furry wheel cover thats on that RS4...FEAR HIM...

had a great time and had fun hanging out with everyone!

7. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I had a great time and it looks like quite a bit was raised. Thanks Jon!

8. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Thanks Jon, Josh took both the pictures of your car. You certainly are welcome to them, but I will need to hook you up with a cd of the raw files because they are huge files. You could make pretty big prints of them if you want. The data is too big to e-mail. We can hook-up sometime this week.

By the way to anyone that was at the event when officer Elsmere was there, Josh had a brilliant thought when he was working with the video. He converted the sound files and set them up side by side on a meter and found that (although they won't show true decibel levels they will show the relative sound levels from the spot where the video was recorded). From recording the sound of the cars on the dyno and them coincidentally having recordings of the freight trains passing a few hundred yards away most of the cars the sound level put out by Vince's white racing Porsche at full song was the same level on a meter as the train passing. I don't know if this was the loudest car, but it was pretty noisy. The camera was also pointed away from the train toward the dyno.

Since the trains seem to pass every few minutes 24/7 I guess old "Mumbles " was full of s*it and possible didn't like cars or the criminal types ( who try and do awful things like help poor kids), that are associated with them.
    Sorry I know he's my kid, but that's pretty damn smart eh ?

9. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My girlfriend and I had a great time meeting everyone yesterday! The event was great and we thank Jon and those responsible for putting the event together. The day was beautiful with great weather, cars, and fun. Big props to JonnyDents for working through the whole day!!! I bet he was responsible for a good bit of the money raised!

10. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Johnny Dents generated about 1/3 the money if you do the math on the dyno participants and subtract this amount from the total. That is awesome. Bob, I cant wait to see Josh's video of the event...is he going to use the "Bad boy bad boy" soundtrack for the video of me and the Elsmere Policeman discussing the city ordinance on sound/Decible levels? That would be pretty funny. The idea of using the cameras sound measuring capabilities is a great thought. Hats off to Josh's photo taking ability and his smart thinking. He must get his camera eye from his Dad and his intelligence from his Mom. HaHA...Jon

11. JohnnyDents

JohnnyDents Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2007
    philadelphia
    #138 JohnnyDents, Aug 19, 2007
    just wanted to say thanks to jon for having frank and myself at dyno day, it truly was a blast.

and thank you drew and dave m for letting us "demo" on your cars.

chris it was a pleasure to meet you and your girlfriend i throughly enjoyed the detail demo, you realy knocked it outta the park!

bob how was the dvd? i too can't wait to see josh's video

thanks to everyone that let me work on thier "baby"

12. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I just have to mention one more time the amazing work JohnnyDents did on my car. I'm having him come by the house ASAP to remove a lifetime of my kids' dings on their cars.

Pack a bag, you may be a while!!

Dave

13. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Pictures are awesome! Rcraig, do you know what settings Josh used on the camera that generated the "Shadow" shot of Jon's Barcheta? (shutter speed, f-stop, etc.) Im learning photography a little my self and would love to know!

14. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #141 Devilsolsi, Aug 19, 2007
  15. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    thanks for the pics!!!

16. EvoM3

EvoM3 Rookie

Aug 19, 2007
    I was there with my white/black 95 M3 and son Milan. He had a great time admiring the prancing horses and stoic Stuttgart machines. Much more interesting than the bimmers at home. His favorite was a tossup between Elsemere's Finest cruiser, the barchetta, and Jeff's white M3 (complete with Motorsport stripes) in the back. The later might have something to do with his shirt which had a print of the DTM version.
    Thanks for the pics and the hat Dave- I'm sure it will help clear the way to a new acquistion in the future.
    It was a great day viewing a gathering of interesting European machines (with equally interesting owners). Met a lot of new folks that I hope to meet again sometime.

Thanks gain,
    Maneesh

17. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great pics everyone! My girlfriend and I agreed our favorite car had to be Joe's BEAUTIFUL Blue 360 Spider! What a color!!! If I ever get a chance to own an F-Car that color would be my first choice!

18. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    *Sniff* Looks like I missed an awesome day! What, no model shoots to fill out the day? Could've made a calendar to raise money. :)

The bright side is I'm done my traveling for a couple weeks...good thing too...15K miles in two weeks! I miss you guys!!! Lotus and the Z miss their play buddies too!

19. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    GREAT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Chris, I agree with you. In the 360 spyder model and the F355 Spyder model Tour de France Blue with a saddle/tan interior is the best combo around.

Alex, We missed you and hope to see you again soon.

Jon

21. MfromDE

MfromDE Rookie

May 26, 2006
    #150 MfromDE, Aug 21, 2007
    Jon,

You and all those who contributed to make this event possible did an AWESOME job. THANK YOU.

It was fantastic to have such a great mix of people, cars and car related activities in one day and for a such a wonderful cause.

You continue to raise the bar higher and higher each year!

Mark - President of Delaware Region of the Porsche Club of America

Summary of Dyno Results attached.