Hot off the press!! Big announcement!!! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Hot off the press!! Big announcement!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, Jul 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Announcing the Charity day for the Benefit of the Boys and Girls clubs of Delaware. Every year for going on five years now we have raised money throughout the year to throw a Christmas Party for the Kids at the Boys and Girls club. Its a great time both raising the money and then throwing the party in December. The kids get to see Santa and usually get a couple of gifts each. In some cases this is the only gift giving these children experience. Its unfortunate but true that some in our own community just dont have the money to celebrate like you and I have come to expect. Well we do something about it and have fun in the process. So in conjunction with Dupont Motorsports, Delaware PCA, BMW clubs and Ferrari chat we have arranged a spectacular day.The weather gods are behind this event as well because the current forecast is for sunny skies with a high of 79 degrees. Bring on the horsepower BABY!!! We will be running cars on the dyno at a cost of $60 for three pulls. For those not in the know this is a fraction of the true cost. Dupont Motorsport is donating the dyno and 100% of the proceeds go to our charity. We are also bringing in "Johnny Dents" to demonstrate the technique of Paintless Dent removal. In addition anyone who wants that pesky dent removed can sign up at the event and 100% of the proceeds go to our charity. We will also be presenting Chris "the detail guy" of Ferrari Fame to demonstrate proper detailing technique. We have cleared out the building and will be bringing in cars on a first come first serve basis.You can detail your car along with "The detail Guy" and get his helpfull advise. He will not and does not sell product but is driving all the way from Washington DC at his expense so hats off to Chris"The detail Guy". Lastly yours truly will be demonstrating in a tech session the technique of changing brake pads and bleeding brakes. This is a simple enough procedure you can learn to do yourself and does not require a lift to perform. For the benefit of the audience however we will be using a lift to demonstrate. It all starts around 8:30 AM and runs until 7:00 PM. Come when you can and stay as long as you would like. Refreshments are provided compliments of Dupont Motorsports and Jeff Littel. A few dyno spots are still available one in the morning two in the late afternoon so call me at 302-463-4516 if you have an interest. Hope to see you all Saturday August 18th (yes thats THIS SATURDAY). Address is 12 Hadco Rd Wilmington DE. 19805. thanks for taking the time for the less fortunate among us... Jon Walton

2. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    To say you are the king of the world.... similar to that line from the movie titanic
    Erik
    PS Sorry guys I will be down the shore for this one

3. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Nice image!!! But sorry so wrong. Next??? Jon in Delaware

4. NomadM3

NomadM3 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Damon

Same :(

Is there going to be an event closer to Christmas or is this the biggie??

5. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Dave,
    Too bad I'm in Bama right now. I could have given you some stuff to seal the fuel tank. We use it on aircraft, it's designed to stop fuel leaks.

Jim

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

This was like a dime sized hole that was patched with JB Weld. I'm not sure another patch would have done it any good, but since it's out, we'll fix it right, repaint with the wurth tan coating, and away we go!!!

DM

7. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Update on the dyno list.

Dyno Schedule
    900 AM Dave Porsche Boxster S
    930 open
    1000 Dave Porsche Caymen
    1030 Joe Mustang Cobra R
    1100 Paul Porsche Carrera
    1130 Cris Porsche 944
    1200 Lunch break for workers
    100 Nick Porsche 73 Carrera RS
    130 Stover 914/6 track car
    200 Henry Jaguar XKE
    230 Ed Porsche 924 turbo
    300 Jim 88 BMW M6
    330 Ed (I forget)
    400 Matt BMW M3
    430 Valdis Porsche 911
    500 Steve Porsche SC
    530 open
    600 Alex Porsche 911 SC
    630 open
    700 open

8. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Jon, Thought the answer was already here, but I think you were applying the Sticker from the run on your windshield.

9. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    See everyone tomorrow!! I will be arriving around 10am. Im driving from Dulles, VA so its about 2.5 hours I believe!! :( Jon, have my beer and hotdogs ready lol

10. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I've got some hazing on the hood to take care of... see you tomorrow detail guy.

11. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    Hope to be there in the later afternoon. Should be a nice stop on the way to the ocean :)

12. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Its 7AM....Time to go open up the shop and welcome you all to the Big Event!!! Cant wait to see everyone and the Weather is fine so come on out when you can. Jon in Delaware

13. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Im leaving in ten minutes. See everyone there! :)

14. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I hit a parking lot on the AC expressway and i95 on the way back from the shore this morning. I didnt make it, sorry fellas.

15. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Dime sized hole!!!? Is it from corrosion?

16. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Started out as a small hole, then someone in the past tried to tig it, and made it bigger, then patched with JB Weld.

Gonna end up about a quarter sized patch, but we'll be right as rain in a week or so.

Dave

17. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#117 dm_n_stuff, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And now, some highlights.

first, a big thanks to Detail Guy. Chris came a long way to show us how to get our cars to look good, as good as a non-professional can be.

Here Chris demos his 30 minute wheel washing routine.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#118 dm_n_stuff, Aug 18, 2007
    Now Jon will take a shot at it. (Later, Chris re-washed the wheel properly) we all went along with Jon on this one, applauding the excellent work he did.

19. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#119 dm_n_stuff, Aug 18, 2007
  20. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#120 dm_n_stuff, Aug 18, 2007
  21. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#121 dm_n_stuff, Aug 18, 2007
    Next up, Johhny Dents. This man can work miracles with a dent. And yes, that is a hammer he's using in the picture. But when he's done, it's like the dent was never there.

22. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#122 dm_n_stuff, Aug 18, 2007
    John and Chris wowed the crowd with their skills. Here Chris fascinates a bunch of wanna be buffers with his bug removal skills.

23. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#123 dm_n_stuff, Aug 18, 2007
  24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#124 dm_n_stuff, Aug 18, 2007
  25. ^@#&