Hot off the press!! Big announcement!!! | FerrariChat

Hot off the press!! Big announcement!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, Jul 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Mark your calendars for August 18th from 8AM-8PM. Location 12 Hadco Rd. Wilmington Delaware 19805. For the Benefit of the Boys and Girls clubs of Delaware I will be holding in conjunction with Fchat Midatlantic,Porsche club of Delaware,Dupont Motorsports and the BMW club a Dyno Day and Concourse training day camp at my shop. We will be taking reservations for the Dyno effective immediately. The owner of the Dyno, Dupont Motorsports, has donated the use(its not me it is just were I keep my cars) and 100% of the proceeds will go to our fifth annual kids Christmas party for the benefit of Boys and Girls club kids. We use 100% of the money to buy toys and deliver them to the kids. We bring Santa and throw a party. They love it!! The Dyno cost has been severely discounted to give you a break as well. $60 for three pulls. Normally a $100 value.
    In addition our own Mid Atlantic FChat "DetailGuy" has agreed to travel from south of Washington DC to be the expert on hand. We will clear the shop out which can hold seven cars. The adjacent Dyno building is seperate.We will provide water,power,lights and buckets you bring your favorite products and detail away. "Detailguy" will be there to provide helpfull suggestions. He will also be bringing his own preferred products to demonstrate. He does not retail products so if you want him to bring something for you and then demonstrate its use send him a PM in advance. Dupont Motorsports the owner of the facility will be generously donating the Dyno,food and refreshments. There is no cost to use the facility for a detailing (do it yourself). You could make a donation to the Boys and Girls club if the spirit moves you. The only cost is the use of the two wheel Dyno and again its only $60 for three pulls. Space is limited and the Dyno runs are paid in advance. We can do about 16 cars in a full day.Send me a PM if your interested in the Dyno run and RSVP so we know how much food to order. Thanks in advance for your support!!
    Special thanks to: Dupont Motorsports,DetailGuy (Chris Davis),FChat,Porsche Club of Delaware and the BMW club Jon in Delaware

2. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    im definitely going to be goin...but no dyno cause its only a 2wd dyno

What should I bring??? Hmm....

3. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Drew, Bring that Sedan. Lets detail that thing and bring the paint back to showroom new!!! Jon

4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Just mapped it--It's only about 2 hours from me--Might have to come up to this!!!!

5. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew

you have to see it now...I went over the thing with a damn fine tooth comb...but ill bring it anyway...make it an "example" car...muahahah

6. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I will be there (of course) lol. Its a great thing when you can hang around cars all day, talk to enthusiasts AND help a good cause!

I will be going over the CORRECT way to wash, wax, possibly polish, and maintain your vehicles. Expect to get you hands wet as this is a owner involved process :) You will be surprised to what little steps will ensure the best maintenance for your vehicle that MOST do not do. Im not taking any money for this event as Im donating my time and use of my equipment/products for this good cause. I know this event is more then a month away but mark your calenders!!

7. NomadM3

NomadM3 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Damon
    I'm so there!

Jon, we can bring a donation even if we aren't planning on dyno'ing correct??

This sounds like fun!

8. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Jon, We will deffinately be there. Had a great time last year.-Bob

9. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    you guys suck. This is on a saturday.

10. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    WOW, this is going to be a nice turnout. Less than 24 hours on the net and such good feedback. To clarify a few things. The only cost is if you wish to have your car Dyno test run. Other than that the detailing is a do it yourself with oversite provided by our own "DetailGuy". He will also be demonstrating technique and products that he likes and uses. Do a thread search using his name. You will be amazed at the quality work he has turned out and the praise he has been getting. He is not the only Detailer I know and certainly not the closest but he was my first choice for the event. Donations for the Boys and Girls club will be accepted the day of the event but are not mandatory.The Dyno service will be paid in advance and reservations are required for obvious reasons. PM me for a reservation space for the Dyno and payment details. Thanks for all your support. Jon

11. dododge

dododge Karting

Sep 24, 2006
    I can probably make it with my Elise (I've also got a family picnic in August but I think it's the previous weekend). I'm not interested in the dyno, but very much interested in seeing the detailing techniques.

12. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    What time is everyone planning on getting there? How long do you think you will stay? I will try to get out of work early. Jon, will they accept gifts too? I can ask the BMW dealership if they wanna donate hats and stuff. Is that ok?

13. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

IN.

PM sent.

How about I snag a bunch of Ferrari (not Ferrari Chat) stuff and we run a raffle for the boys and girls club???

Hats, tees, hoodies, etc.

Dave

14. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    The kids love the give away stuff. Last year DM-n-stuff gave out a boat load of cool flashlights that went over real big. Bring whatever to the August 18th event. DoDodge...bring the Elise I would love to see it and so would many others. Noah it will be going until 8PM so come on down. Jon in Delaware

15. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Jon, thanks for putting such a great event together and I plan to be there with the 360 Spider (the vette and Model A are running perfect yet). I'm not interested in Dyno but very excited to meet all of the fellow FChatters and learn from the best in the detail business!

Best,

Joe

16. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Joe, Just be sure to bring that sweet 360 spyder and everything will be good. Thanks for your support! Jon

So far for the Dyno:

9AM DM-N_Stuff Dino
    930AM Mark 911 Porsche SC
    10AM Dave Porsche Caymen
    1030AM-7PM still open

Approx 15 people so far have said they are coming to observe the "DetailGuy" and/or just hang out

5 weeks and counting!!!! Jon in Delaware

17. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I will be there to hang out, and hopefully to learn a few new detailing tricks.

18. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Check your dates, that is Monterey weekend. Most hard core Tifosi will be on the Left Coast.

19. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Not a lot of us are gonna bail out for the Left Coast. We're here for good!!

Jon, can I bring two cars???

Dave

20. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    As you know from a few weeks ago... I'm in.

21. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Update and exciting addition.....

We have added to the lineup of experts on hand "JonnyDents"
    john guglielmucci
    He will be demonstrating paintless dent removal onsite. In addition he has offered to do a few cars as time allows AND he will donate 100% of the PROCEEDS TO THE BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB TOY/CHRISTMAS PARTY DRIVE. Lets give the guy a hand!!!!!!

So bring a car with a ding or two,watch his work and if you want to and you get picked have the work done for charity. It will still cost you the same but you will know the proceeds are going to a worthy cause!!!

So far for the Dyno:
    9AM DM-N_Stuff Dino/Dave
    930AM Mark 911 Porsche SC
    10AM Dave Porsche Caymen
    1030 open
    1100 open
    1130 Cris 944 porsche race car
    1200 lunch break
    100pm-700pm open

22. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I'll go hammer a few dents into the 550 for ya.

23. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    You leave that pristine 550 alone or I'll send you back to Italy for good. You could bring out the M3 though. It must have a ding or two after 100k plus miles of driving! Jon

24. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Update, I am getting alot of very positive feedback from people I meet about this gathering but not so much chatter online. Hopefully your planning to attend but its either too far in advance to commit or you feel there is no reason to mention your attendance as it is free to attend. I would like to get a feel for the number of people planning to attend for two reasons. One: food..I want to have enough Two: DetailGuy and Jonnydents need to know this is going to be worth their travel time. So please respond if you are planning to attend. We have been getting feedback on the Porsche site and BMW site as well so thanks for your cooperation. Here is an update on the Dyno schedule. If you plan to sign up you might want to PM/email me soon as the Dyno spaces are filling up. Jon in Delaware
    9AM Dino Dave
    930 Mark porsche 911 SC
    1000 Dave Porsche caymen
    1030 Joe 2000 Mustang Cobra R
    1100 Paul Porsche Carrera 2000
    1200 lunch break
    100PM Nick Porsche 73 Carerra RS lightweight
    130 Stover 914/6 Porsche
    200 Scott 914/4 Porsche
    230-700PM still open

Still 10 openings so send me a PM/email soon.

25. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    M3 will be gone, BUT the 335 will be getting here early-- as in the 30th of the month. If it's all broken in by the 18th and there is a dyno spot open I'll take it.