Sold - Honda S2000 CR | Delete Version, Stock, 5k-Miles | FerrariChat

Sold Honda S2000 CR | Delete Version, Stock, 5k-Miles

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Sterling Sackey, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

Full Photoset: Click Here

Underbody Photos: Click Here

[​IMG]

Details:

I am proud to present this pristine, untouched, and incredibly rare 2008 Honda S2000 CR “Delete” finished in Grand Prix White (NH-565) and with only 5,900 miles from new.

The S2000 CR examples colloquially known as “Deletes” came from the factory without A/C or radio, making them the lightest and most track-focused S2000 models ever produced. Only 59 CR Deletes were ever produced, and only 8 of the 59 were finished in the most desirable and rare S2000 CR color, Grand Prix White. This color is symbolic of Honda’s storied and iconic racing heritage, and the Japanese sports car collector’s ultimate choice for an S2000.

This CR retains all of its original paint, and all VIN tags are matching & intact. It has had 2-owners from new, the first an enthusiast who drove the car sparingly, and the second a Japanese sports car collector who has caringly serviced & detailed the car during his ownership. The second (and current) owner has multiple S2000 CRs and is willing to let this one pass on to the next enthusiast who will cherish it as he has.

Cosmetics:

This S2000 CR is in fantastic condition, and shows exactly as the mileage would suggest. I have seen multiple low-mileage S2000 CRs pass through my care, and none have been as blemish-free as this car. It is as close to new as one is likely to find in an S2000 in general, let alone a CR variant.

Maintenance Information:

Tires are Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs in OEM sizing and with date codes of 2011 in front and 2010 in rear. They retain like-new tread and show no cracking or excess hardening.

The car has been serviced yearly and has new fluids. It has a brand-new Honda OEM battery. The car’s underbody and engine bay have been fully detailed & sealed under the current owner’s care.

This S2000 CR drives better than any I have driven or owned. It has zero squeaks or rattles (a common problem with the CR hardtops). Its engine, suspension, and all other systems feel like-new. To experience this CR is to experience what it would have been like to drive one away from the dealership new in 2008.

Car comes with the following:
    • Original keys.
    • Original books & manuals.
    • Original tonneau cover side pieces.
    • Original tonneau cover side piece instructions.
    • Original front plate bracket (never installed).
    • S2000 CR car cover.
    • Honda OEM Grand Prix White touch-up paint.
    • Honda OEM intake air filter (extra).
    Asking $69,995.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boomhauer likes this.
  2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    What a jewel. GLWS

Boomhauer likes this.
  3. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Not as much of a fan of the CR as I am of the mainstream S2000, but lovely nonetheless. GLWS

4. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Pending sale!

G. Pepper likes this.
  5. Riz1

Riz1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2009
    That is amazing and very low miles Sterling. I thought the Honda racing color was Championship white, as in the integra type R.

6. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Exquisite. Would love to drive one of these and compare to my base model S2K. All the best to the new owner.

7. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Both have been used on Honda race cars, hence the names! Championship White is a much more "off-white," used most famously on the early '60s Honda F1 cars.

8. MonzaRed

MonzaRed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 26, 2014
    CT
    May I ask why you are asking $69,995? It is an unbelievable car for sure but I have personally seen a co-worker purchase one with almost 11K miles for much, much less....

9. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
  10. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Sure, you may. See my explanation below. However, the asking price is now irrelevant because the car has already sold for a number in the $60,000 range and been picked up by the new owner.

As explained in the writeup, this is 1 of 8 produced in the most desirable combination to Honda enthusiasts: no Radio or A/C (1 of 59 cars equipped as such) and 100% original Grand Prix White paint (1 of 90 equipped as such). In combination, only 8 S2000 CRs were built in this specification. Of those, multiple have been heavily modified, tracked, or crashed. One has been exported to Asia. And the remaining cars have much higher miles. In summary, this is likely the most valuable production S2000 in the world, considering no other market received the Club Racer model.

11. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Here the car is getting picked up on Jan 4th. Congrats to the new owner, I'm glad it is staying local!

12. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Cool transport!

13. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

I only see the CR deletes going up in value.