Honda rc213v-s | FerrariChat

Honda rc213v-s

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by 99_Carrera, Nov 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 99_Carrera

99_Carrera Formula 3

Nov 2, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 99_Carrera, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Absolutely will be the best road-going sportbike ever made.

Unfortunately, the price that's being speculated now will only allow a few collectors to get their hands on them. I had been planning on picking one up for a few years after I got amped about the rvf1000r rumors that started a few years back. Pricing had been speculated at $70k. Well, time for me to choose between the new Bimmer or RSV4 Factory, because now it's going to cost 4x the original speculation of $70k. Just can't justify it. :-|

Here's the inside scoop: EXCLUSIVE: Insider knowledge on the hand-built Honda RC213V-S - MoreBikes | MoreBikes
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. wang

wang Formula 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Brunei
    Full Name:
    H. Wang
    How much is it going to be?

3. walnut

walnut F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2006
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
    $200k+? That's crazy, seriously crazy money for a bike.

4. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    No one really knows how much the bike is going to be except maybe a few Honda execs, everything else is just a guess because the people that know are not talking. There is actually no guarantee it will even make it to production, what was shown in November was basically a customer RCV1000 (Like Redding and Hayden rode this year) with a few tacked-on pieces to appear street-legal. But actually taking that race bike and making it truly legal is much more than bar-end mirros, headlights hidden in the air intake, and a license plate frame.

There is speculation that the real production bike will show up at the Tokyo show in March. So a 2016 model. Pata Honda is already testing the CBR1000RR with 2014 champ Guintoli, so I assume next year the (very) old inline four will still be the race bike.

$200k may be the price, but I don't really see why it makes sense to build the bike at all if that is MSRP. They would not be able to race it anywhere due to homologation minimums, even Honda would not sell 1500 bikes at that price. And getting the bike legal in the countries where it would sell a few dozen would be astronomical.

TBH my prediction is the bike will be cheaper than expected and available in greater numbers as well. $40-45k US is what I would guess, perhaps with cheaper suspension. Honda would sell enough and be able to race it in WSBK.

5. 99_Carrera

99_Carrera Formula 3

Nov 2, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Asahi Shimbun, the second largest newspaper in Japan, announced the price at ¥20,000,000. That translates to just shy of $170k.

6. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Honda has denied the bike's production status and stated the price has not yet been set.

7. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Really? It was recently featured in several major bike mags and the tone of the articles was that it's 100% coming, and that it's stupid crazy $$$.
    Greg

8. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Latest MCN out of the UK had the Honda denial. Not that it wouldn't be produced, just that it is not ready and they haven't set a price.

9. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Wow, and we thought the RC30, RC45 and the Oval Piston bike (cant think of the model number) was expensive at the time.

I sold my RC30 to partially fund my TR. I miss the RC......