Honda Motors America/ Acura | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Honda Motors America/ Acura

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Turbo360, Jul 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Best Honda/Acura product right now is Accord Sport 6 speed. For less than $25K you get a full size sedan with decent performance, that will run forever, and modestly engaging to drive. Forget everything else.

2. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Honda discloses 5th Takata air bag-linked fatality, expands recall for defective air bags by additional 170,000 vehicles - @Reuters

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    From what I've read, Takata has been stonewalling and Honda seems to be stepping up (?)

I just wish I could buy a new car without airbags.

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    What cars do have air conditioned seats? While my Porsche, Audi and Mercedes all have ventilated seats, none of them were air conditioned...

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I know lexus does. My friend said they're delightful. Haha.

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Nope, Lexus seats are ventilated too. FYI, a ventilated seat has a fan that pulls or pushes air at cabin temperature through small holes in the seat. The air is not "conditioned" before being pulled or pushed through the seats; there is no separate cooler/compressor for the seats, the air pulled or pushed is at cabin temperature. Unlike the heated seat which have heating elements in the seats themselves.

7. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Honda is reporting the deaths and following the rules in the USA, but Honda also just announced that it was sticking with Takata as a supplier.

Takata, for its part, has said that it doesn't really know what is causing the exploding shrapnel from its air bags to kill passengers.

To me, this reeks of the traditional Japanese business relationship where one partner of a keiretsu won't replace another...instead of there being actual business sense in the decision to keep Takata.

I suspect that Honda will regret sticking with Takata.

8. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #62 classic308, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    Agree, a nice dd. Mazda 6 is also nice. My accord coupe went 241k miles without a problem.

9. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Mine has 213k and still has its original clutch. Its been a great college/commuter car, although I will hopefully be replacing it with a fun commuter soon!

10. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    What are you thinking of?

11. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I have a 30 mile commute (each way) with the option to take mountain/country roads home so I wanted something sporty and reliable, pretty sure I'm going to end up with a Z4 Coupe. I was looking at s2ks, but after driving them back to back and the fact that I will keep my autox/track car for now, the Z4 seemed like a better fit. They made less than 900 manuals for the US and based on what I have seen seem to be pretty flat on depreciation and reasonably cheap to maintain.

12. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Takata air bag recall expands sharply, to 34 million vehicles - @WSJbreakingnews

13. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I have yet to drive a Z4 but I did drive a S2K a few weeks back and I was not impressed. There are Honda fans who will praise the S2K until the cows come home but as a BMW owner I can safely say that the Z4 (hell even the Z3) is galaxy's ahead of the S2K is every aspect. The saying "The Ultimate Driving Machine" did not come easy or is it just a sales tactic.

Honda's are great cars so I am not dissing them in any sense.

Exiting stage left!

14. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Crazy **** right? Shrapnel is no longer a war zone concern.

15. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I have an S2000 bought it new still love it after 12 years never plan on selling it but when I go to the dealership for an oil change I have walked through the showroom and the lot to check out their current offerings and its like shopping for an appliance at sears.