HomeLink-garage door opener setup F12 | FerrariChat

HomeLink-garage door opener setup F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by rockitman, Oct 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Does it work ? I have Overhead Door garage opener...probably 12 years old. I go through the steps and everything seems okay. When it's time to press one of the buttons on the mirror to assign the garage door and I simultaneously press the garage door opener while pointing it at the home link buttons, it doesn't work. maybe the timing is off on my button presses by a fraction of a second ? Any tips would be appreciated to get this working. Thanks.

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Chris,
    HomeLink

I gave up with Homelink years ago because for whatever reason I couldn't make it work and I have a spare clicker.

3. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Funny!!! I was also going to start a thread for this. I cannot get my homelink to program either. I had asked my SA about it and he suggested I ask here.

4. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Jeeze. I tried again...all the signs/indicators show that I am doing it right, every step of the way. Then when it's show time...it doesn't work...

5. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy

+1

6. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    You would think they would iron this out by 2017...
    Maybe it only works for ROW and not North America ?

7. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I'm going to try this:

How to Program Homelink

5 Steps To Program Your HomeLink® System
    ​​Note: Some vehicles may require the ignition be turned on or the vehicle actually running to program the Homelink® transceiver.

To program a rolling code compatible Homelink® system, please follow these steps.

1.Press and hold the two outside buttons on the Homelink® system until the LED starts to blink, release buttons.

2. Press and hold the desired Homelink® button and the transmit button on your rolling code transmitter at the same time until the Homelink® LED changes from a slow blink to a rapid blink. (Your Homelink® system is now programmed)

3.Locate the learn code button on your garage door opener. (These are located under the light cover or on the rear panel depending on model)

4.Press the learn code button on the garage door opener, a red LED will start to blink. (You will have 30 seconds to complete programming)

5.While the LED on the garage door opener is blinking, return to the vehicle and press the pre-programmed Homelink® button 4 times. (Or until the garage door operates).

If you have problems with the Homelink® system please call 1-800-355-3515 or their website at HomeLink

I haven't tried the bolded part. This might work.

8. gacab

gacab Rookie

Jun 23, 2015
    Edmonton Canada
    Full Name:
    Gary Cole
    Well did it work? I need to set mine up in the spring put the car away for the long winter this weekend.

9. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    It's on tomorrow's to do list. I'll report back.

10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    There was a thread a while back that covered this topic for those having issues. May want to do a deeper search. I don't use those buttons on my cars as entry into any of them means entry into the garage and potentially the house. I use the small keychain remote so it stays with me. Maybe not the answer you were looking for.

11. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I tried all the steps both with the remote opener and the learn code button, but no joy!! Guess I will have to continue to use an old fashioned remote. Pretty sad - with as much as this option costs, should be a no brainier. Pitty, programmed all three doors to the barn into my Porsches in about 2 minutes.

12. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    A few things....

First, the HomeLink system is the same in every car....Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Ford. They work and setup the same way and most modern door openers require the multistep process....program the button, the hit the learn button, then push button

I had issues in our new Porsche not wanting to take the learn signal thru the heated windshield, eventually got it. Frequent issue is not clearing all codes first and then assigning them. We did it for our tdf and took us 5 mins. Another common issue is battery strength in remote is weak. Have had all that happen, fixed and worked

13. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I'm giving it a try tomorrow.

14. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    The full procedure worked like a charm. Homelink works for Ferrari with my "Overhead Door" garage door opener from the mid 1990's. I love it when things work the way they are supposed to.

15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations Christian! Well done!

16. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Guys... I have a 2011 458 with Homelink. I can't get it to work!!! This shouldn't be so hard. I have a LiftMaster 8500 with My Q control panel. Anyone here have this same opener and programmed it correctly?

17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    not worth the brain cells bro - just use the clicker that came with the garage door motor

18. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    To be honest, I've never tried it. When back from a cruise, I inevitably park in the pad outside the garage and soak in the view of the car in the sunlight. After all, you can only see the massive fender arches when driving. I usually retreat to the main part of the house and exit back through the center stall garage door or just use the keychain remote. Although I can certainly understand other's desire to get a simple convenience in working order on such a high end car.

19. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Haha. So much easier just to use that remote. But always said when I was in my 430, "I wish I had a garage door button built in so I can open the garage door!" Now I do and it won't work. Grrrrrrr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    It's nice to have the clean look of no crappy/plastic looking garage door opener hanging off the visor in the car. The procedure is simple as the steps are outlined to a "T" at the beginning of this thread.

21. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

I did these steps over and over again. I did it for my Benz and for my wife's Caddy without an issue.
    I'm going to try again today. And I agree about that stupid clicker. I hate having it on my visor. Amazing the things that bother us. Lol!

22. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    #22 Solid State, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just saying:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    When I hold down the 2 outside buttons the light never flashes?

24. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Never mind just have to hold the buttons for a really long time before it starts to flash. Works now!

25. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

How long did you hold them in for? Still can't get mine to work.