Home builders, architects, home design question | FerrariChat

Home builders, architects, home design question

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Mera, Aug 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Working on the exterior of my tudor home. This is the last section we have to do. I've always hated how the gable vent is boxed out. But what else can one do? I've looked at many tudor house pictures. Any suggestions are appreciated!!! I made a web page to show it:

http://rodneydickman.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=446

Thanks
    Rodney
    Sold the 348. Bought a Buick. (87 GN with 10k and all original)
    I used to do the exotic car get togethers at my house.

2. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    To add: No one makes a good gable vent out of these new high tech materials. My wife and I made ours out of Mirtek. Spend most of one day making three vents. Table saw. Plainer. Chop saw. Drill and finish nail them together. Mirtek likes to split so I caulked them with Vulkem caulk. Once cured they are fairly durable.

3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
  4. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    The triangle vent is an excellent idea. I've pondered it for a long time. But: I would have to make it. I have been pondering it. Somewhat of a challenge to make it from scratch. I (we) can make one but would be a fair amount of work. Compound angles. Plus one of the three vents we made is now a left over and not used. :(

Thanks
    Rodney

5. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    The existing lower panels are 8 feet tall. If I did a triangle vent I would maybe make them several inches shorter so the upper panels are slightly taller. Can't go too much. The attached garage is right next to it and has 8 foot tall panels.