Holy crap pulled my trap or neck muscle today | FerrariChat

Holy crap pulled my trap or neck muscle today

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by REMIX, Oct 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Ouch!

Happened this morning. Doing bicep curls. Got done with my set, put the weight down, and then heard a loud crash (some jackass dropping his weighted bar on the floor trying to look all badass), turned my head right to look and got a SHARP pain somewhere lower neck, upper back (upper right trap). Went home immediately afterward, had to cut my workout short.

Freakin sore. Can't look right or left too easily, guess I won't be driving today. This sucks!

RMX

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Were you still in the "down" position when you looked?

You may have already had a slight crick in your neck from sleeping and that just aggrevated it.

Icey/Hot and Alieve.

3. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Nope. I was doing preacher curls and was actually standing up next to the bench in between sets. Freakin hurts - wow!

RMX

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I think I had something similar happen to me a few weeks back, but not from working out. I have a habit of cracking my neck with only my neck muscles and for whatever reason, this time it screwed up a lot. It felt like electricity running from the base of the back of my neck to the top of my head through a nerve that forks out. My muscles were locked and it was a lot of pain for about 15 seconds, but went to normal after that. Hurt so much, but I kept the habit :(

5. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Had this happen to me earlier this year. Definitely take some time off from lifting. I was quite stupid and figured I could work through it... bad move. Couldn't turn my head for a few weeks without serious pain. Luckily I was dating a physical therapist at the time so she worked on it a few times a week, but even with that it took a good month before I was back to even close to normal.

6. JCR

JCR F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    Find a massage therapist that works on the sports/weights crowd. You will be good as new after one session.

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Did you inform gym management to kick that jackass in the nuts until he's out the door?

8. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Lesson of the day - don't do curls!

(semi-kidding, semi-serious)