Holy Crap! Danica's Daytona Initiation | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Holy Crap! Danica's Daytona Initiation

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RP, Feb 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    #76 Fast_ian, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
    As I said before, quite the polarizing figure!

But, putting aside exactly *how* she got there, she now appears to have a top drive in both the Cup & Nationwide series - A position many thousands would love to be in.....

Further, she put the baby car on pole for tonight against (supposedly) the best of the up & comers and those moonlighting from the Cup - These guys are hardly patsies allowing her to go faster than *everyone* else in the field because "she's a girl!" (OK, apart from Tony possibly ;)) - She simply lapped her (very good no doubt) car quicker than anyone else.

And as we know, you've got to have a good car to get pole in *any* series. But, she still had to put it there which is something I guess more than 50% of the field couldn't have done in the same car.

"The stopwatch never lies!".

Gotta be honest, I'm slowly becoming quite a fan of hers! I'm pretty sure she's heard all the "you're only here because you've got tits" comments more times than they've been posted around the world!

As for the SI shoot - She said she thoroughly enjoyed it. I doubt there's very many attractive females that wouldn't accept an invitation to do the SI Swimsuit edition. Damn, this years version features Alex Morgan (US Soccer), Natalie Gulbis (golf) and Natalie Coughlin (swimming) in nothing more than paint. Yet none of these seem to draw the same vitriol as Danica.

You go girl!
    Cheers,
    Ian

2. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    JR motor sports puts together some of the best nationwide cars in the series, especially their speed way cars. Daytona has a pretty high attrition level, but if she keeps that car in good shape until the end, she can do VERY well in today's race.

No time today to make any comment on talent.

3. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    She has raced for her entire life on at least 3 continents.

She won a Indy race. She has beaten her teammates over a season.

I can't believe there is a discussion over whether she deserves a drive.

How she portrays herself and women,... that a different issue.

4. opus10583

opus10583 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Mark
    x 1000.

What is about unearned wealth that makes some people such unmitigated ******nozzles?

...Is it 'you can't buy talent' or 'you can't buy self-respect'?

Ciao,
    Mark

5. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    Haters gonna hate.

Take away her gender and see if the highlights of her career say she doesn't have talent.

Indycar win. That's better than about 90% of all Indycar drivers.

3rd at the Indy 500. That too is better than about 90% of all Indycar drivers.

She was 7th overall in '07, then 6th in '08, then 5th in '09.

None of those stats suggest a midpack driver hack. Top ten is more like it.