Hitler Escaped to Argentina? Really? | FerrariChat

Hitler Escaped to Argentina? Really?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by mseals, Feb 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
  2. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    What could it possibly matter NOW? HITLER IS DEAD NOW.

I can see this being a point of fascination around the time I was born (1961)
    but no matter what might have happened nor who might have been involved,
    he's DEAD - a LONG LONG LONG TIME AGO

Jedi

3. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Dave,

I see your point.

But, History, to me, is a ever-fascinating subject. Finding out, if true, that EVERYTHING we were taught about the death of Hitler was mis-information is, again to me, very interesting.

The numbers of people who must have been involved, the ability of our, and other, governments to pull off something like this and keep it under wraps for over 60 years, the basic reason 'why' this was allowed to happen, if true... all this is of interest to me.

I lived and worked in Berlin, Germany, for three years while the Berlin Wall was still up (1980 to 1983). It is a wonderful city, with historical significance. And, having lived there, and being more than a casual student of WWII (my original degree program in college was History before changing it to Jazz Piano Performance), this story piques my interest much more than what Justin Bieber or any Kardasian did today.

And, I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that others might feel the same way.

Mike

4. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Hitler was killed in 1944 by disgruntled Germans including Field Marshall Rommel...it's just that no one on the Allied side wanted the war to end early without total NAZI capitulation, so Hitler's body doubles were forced to stand in for the Fuhrer.

That's why his body was never found.

Boo!

5. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Even the German military had tried to kill Hitler, for his bungling of military strategy.

I doubt he'd have gotten a flee ride out of town on a U-boat.
    By then, most of the U-boat ports were no longer under German control.

Escaped from the bunker, maybe. But from Berlin? How?
    Inside the ring of allied forces closing in, were a ring of German defenders fighting Hitler's losing battle inside their own fatherland.
    Think he could have strolled past that?

If Hitler didn't commit suicide, he may have been bludgeoned to death by angry mobs.

6. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I have also been fascinated about this, there have been a few books in recent years which seem to tell this story.I have always thought it convenient he died in that bunker.

7. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Interestingly enough, the NAZIs had 1,000 fighter aircraft still flying during the battle for Berlin, and 1 million German soldiers surrendered after it fell. On a micro level, you can do small tactical things with forces that large.

(for reference, the U.S. air forces were flying 110,000 fighters and bombers at that point in time, so the outcome was never even remotely in doubt)

Loyalty runs deep when the news media paints a convincing narrative. You can screw up healthcare and get an Ambassador assassinated and still have the unquestioning support of diehards.

8. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    You do have a fascination for the bizarre and conspiratorial theories on situations sometimes. :rolleyes: I heard he that did indeed go to Argentina where he lived with the real Anastasi and not that delusional phony who lived in Connecticut.

9. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

LOL! You can blame my aunt for filling my head with such things. Her first job out of college was working for a guy named Donovan in DC before and during WW2.

10. FlyingAces

FlyingAces Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2011
    LA 2 Vegas
    Full Name:
    Joejoe
    here i thought tom cruise killed hitler in Valkyrie

11. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    ... Mostly flown by teenagers who couldn't manage a loop.

I worked with a Hugarian immigrant who had been drafted into German tank service as a teen.
    He told me of seeing a kid in Luftwaffe gear sitting by the side of the road.
    The kid told how he looked over and realized that the plane next to him was a P51.
    The P51 pilot was frantically pointing to the back of the German plane.
    It was on fire.
    The P51 had put a burst of tracers into the German plane, and the kid never realized it until the other pilot warned him in time to bail out.

12. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    The Luftwaffe was "aces and amateurs" at that point. There was no middle left.

13. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    ANY interesting stories?

I only knew some guys who knew him (Wild Bill).

Back OT.

This theory has been floating around for MANY years.

Is it Plausable? Sure.

Is it True? Not so much, IMO.

14. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    Interesting but I find it hard to believe that Hitler alive could have been kept secret after WW2. Consider Jews who were tracking down Nazis, etc..

15. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I always thought he was living in Hawaii with Elvis?

Scott

16. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    I have also heard this story for years. While almost ANYTHING is plausible without hard dna evidence I believe this story to be highly unlikely.

PDG

17. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj
    I heard he shaved off his mustache.

18. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I heard he was living with Elvis

19. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Up on the grassy knoll

20. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    It's a fact that Nazis fled to Argentina and were harbored there after WW2. It's possible that Der Fuehrer was among them.

I doubt that the film actually proves anything but the Russian account of Hitler's last days in the bunker asks more questions than it answers.

21. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Eichmann & Mengele made it to South America

I don't know if Adolf did but the Nazis really liked Bariloche. They had good taste its a beautiful place like Lake Tahoe.

The USSR claimed to have taken Hitler's corpse but like OBL they never released photos.
    Also Hitler was a drug addict w Parkinsons so he probably didn't have long to live even under ideal conditions.

I have no idea if he made it out but his NAZI philosophy certainly lives today and seems to be getting stronger in Greece, Middle East etc

22. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Were that true, why would Rommel commit suicide? Failing that theory, who killed him and why?

23. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro

I'm a WWII buff - and in particular have studied the German nation and the Nazi movement, and Hitler. I have always found it amazing that a guy like Hitler with little to no education could lift him self up to lead a great country like Germany. Today nobody realizes how important and powerful Germany was before WWI and even after & before WWII. this was / is a country of immense knowledge, wealth and power that was scooped up by a guy who just had the right combination of guts, skill and luck.

There is a book called Grey Wolf - that relates all this about him Leaving Germany and going to Argentina. I'm not saying its true but it is plausable.

Right up to the end of the war - light storch airplanes were landing and taking off from the East- West axis in Berlin - right by the Sigesaulee in the Tiergarten. Speer, Galland and Reitch all got in and out with in days of Hitlers Suicide.

however you have eye witnesses - Rochus Misch who carried Hitlers & Brawns bodies up to the shell holes at the bunker and burned them. so its hard to refute that. He was a prisoner of the Russians and tortured etc... so i would think somewhere there is a KGB file with his answers... if Hitler got out of Germany and it was a coverup ...

The thing people dont really seem to remember is that one of other of the Three Axis leaders Hirohito was left in place and lived till 1989 as Emperor of Japan. of all three both Mussolini and Hirohito's bodies are accounted for - Hitler's is not.

in the end - I dont think it really matters if he lived or not - if he did and was found - he just would have been executed anyway - and put on trial as a show of guilt for the Germans. perhaps is was better for Post war germany to not have him on trial - as he could have really just indicted the German Nation ... however it is a compelling historical foot note.

If you have any interest in this - read the book Grey Wolf - its a bit long winded but has some suprising stuff in it. As a side note - I dated a girl from Columbia who's grandfather owned a paper producing company in South America... last name Lieb - who immigrated to Argentina in 1944.... there were / are lots of ex Germans in South America who got there right about the time it was going badly for the Fatherland....

TheBigEasy likes this.
  24. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Fleeing NAZIs is why today we have blonde South American Victoria Secrets models :)

There are plenty of German towns all over SA. Even a few NAZI towns I've heard of.

25. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    True.

Bariloche does have a bit of an Alps feel to it. It's a ski town in the winter and a pleasant summer vacation also, with the lakes and the mountains to enjoy.

I don't know about Argentina but some towns in Chile were settled by Germans in the mid-to-late 1800's. No Nazi connection there.