High Rock Raceway update | FerrariChat

High Rock Raceway update

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by naroescape, Jun 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. naroescape

naroescape Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Bob Saville
    A friend of mine's sister-in-law's husband is an attorney in Salisbury, NC. He has been keeping him aware of everything concerning the High Rock Raceway project in Spencer, NC. As suspected investor funding for the project has been a major continuing problem. Developer & CEO Dave Risdon has been ousted by the board of directors. The track's future development is now in question.

http://www.salisburypost.com/Area/061609-Risdon-out-at-raceway

http://www.salisburypost.com/Area/061709-Raceway-followup

2. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    I'd like to see another racetrack as much as anyone, but having been intimately involved with the "green field" development of CMP and the reopening of VIR (after 25 years, it might have well been another "green field" project), the first rule is to quietly have the money in place, which both projects did.

It's unfortunate, but I believe High Rock will join the legions of "planned racetracks" that never materialize.

Tamworth

Alpine

Rausch Creek

Dragons Ridge

the expansion of BeaveRun

3. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #3 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
    Well, there is always CMP-I think it's about 50 miles from Charlotte, and they are opeing a new Cart Track there that will rent carts-so I think there is a cart race in the future. Also, we've been talking to FCI about having an event there in November.

4. Jati

Jati Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Florida & NC
    Full Name:
    Joe G.
    Does anyone here have info on who is controlling the High Rock project now?

I have been trying to get a refund of my corporate membership for some time now....Dave Risdon told me a few weeks ago that a refund was forthcomming. Guess I'm S-O-L now.

JG

5. naroescape

naroescape Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Bob Saville
    Hopefully your "forthcoming" is more real than the track that was "forthcoming", and the investment monies that were "forthcoming".

and I have a feeling you are not alone....

6. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    Jati,

I'm in the same boat as you (SOL) but maybe if we stick together, we can get some resolution. The "man in charge" now is Mr. Frank McGuire and I have been talking to him on a regular basis but not getting anywhere... His number is 704-640-2676. Please keep me posted on your progress as well. I'm talking with a few others about taking legal action and I can't afford it so it would be nice to get a big group together to do that. I think Dave Risdon was the real crook... I've been told that he "took" all the deposit money and has now left the area with not contact information... Keep me posted. I really could use my deposit back... It would also help me keep my marriage together!!!
    Thanks!
    Hank Carpenter
    [email protected]
    336-516-3855 cell

7. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
  8. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

As much as Mom advised me to never say it, I'm afraid the words are starting to roll off my tongue....

9. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I'll say it! I told at least three people (maybe more) on this forum to RUN from giving these people money.

Bad idea from the start and the original numbers I saw made no sense at all.

10. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-ncwdce/case_no-3:2007cv00048/case_id-47908/

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/710659/david_risdon.html

http://www.salisburypost.com/News/042210-Protesters-at-nc-finishing-former-high-rock-raceway

From April 22, 2010 Salisbury Post Legal Notices:

No. 59811 AMENDED NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTE TRUSTEE'S SALE OF REAL ESTATE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA - COUNTY OF ROWAN IN THE GENERAL COURT OF JUSTICE - BEFORE THE CLERK - 2009-SP-1069 IN RE: Foreclosure of Deed of Trust from High Rock Properties, LLC, Grantor, to Samuel S. Williams, Esquire, Trustee, recorded in Book 1103, Page 476 in the Rowan County, North Carolina Public Registry (as modified in Book 1130, Page 315 and Book 1132, Page 681 and Book 1135, Page 867) by David T. Simpson, Jr., Substitute Trustee, as recorded in Book 1153, Page 921 of the Rowan County Public Registry Under and by virtue of the power and authority contained in a certain Deed of Trust executed by High Rock Properties, LLC dated as of August 31, 2007 and recorded on September 4, 2007 in Book 1103 at Page 476 of the Rowan County Public Registry (as modified in Book 1130, Page 315 and Book 1132, Page 681 and Book 1135, Page 867) (the "Deed of Trust") and because of default in the payment of the indebtedness thereby secured and failure to carry out or perform the stipulations and agreements therein contained and pursuant to the demand of the owner and holder of indebtedness secured by said Deed of Trust, and pursuant to the Order of the Clerk of Superior Court for Rowan County, North Carolina, entered in this foreclosure proceeding, the undersigned, David T. Simpson, Jr., Substitute Trustee, will expose for sale at public auction on May 6, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. at the appropriate place for foreclosure sales at the Rowan County Courthouse, Salisbury, North Carolina, the real property (including any improvements thereon) which is more particularly described on Exhibit A attached hereto and incorporated herein. This sale shall not include any portion of the real property that has been released by recorded releases. The sale will be subject to any and all superior mortgages, deeds of trust and liens, including without limitation, the lien of unpaid taxes and assessments, easements, conditions, restrictions and matters of record, particularly your attention is directed to that Subordination Agreement recorded in Book 1103 at Page 814 of the Rowan County Public Registry. This sale will be further subject to the right, if any, of the United States of America to redeem the above-described property for a period of 120 days following confirmation of the sale. Description of Property: All that tract or parcel of land, lying and being in the Salisbury Township, Rowan County, North Carolina containing 201 acres, more or less, and being more particularly described as follows: Beginning at the N.C.G.S. Monument "Sign" having NAD 83 coordinates N; 718,945.20 and E: 1,586,373.38, said point being the POINT OF COMMENCEMENT; thence North 58 degrees 37 minutes 19 seconds West a distance of 1638.84 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar on the northwest right of way line of U.S. Hwy. 29 which is the POINT OF BEGINNING; thence North 47 degrees 15 minutes 25 seconds West a distance of 261.27 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar; thence South 36 degrees 28 minutes 07 seconds West a distance of 107.37 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar; thence North 43 degrees 57 minutes 46 seconds West a distance of 45.28 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar; thence South 46 degrees 54 minutes 30 seconds West a distance of 243.39 feet to a point marked by a 2 ½ inch galvanized iron pipe (g.i.p.) on the east right of way line of Peace Street; thence along the east right of way line of Peace Street North 34 degrees 46 minutes 35 seconds West a distance of 171.48 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar which is the intersection of the east right of way line of Peace Street and the north right of way line of Zeb Street; thence along the north right of way line of Zeb Street South 76 degrees 35 minutes 48 seconds West a distance of 150.30 feet to a point; thence North 11 degrees 44 minutes 20 seconds West a distance of 155.16 feet to a point marked by a 2 ½ inch g.i.p.; thence North 76 degrees 40 minutes 45 seconds West a distance of 949.43 feet to a point marked by a 1/2" rebar; thence North 36 degrees 57 minutes 14 seconds East a distance of 799.67 feet to a point marked by a 2 1/2" g.i.p.; thence North 47 degrees 15 minutes 40 seconds East a distance of 712.77 feet to a point marked by a 2 1/2" g.i.p.; thence North 30 degrees 44 minutes 12 seconds East a distance of 246.07 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rod; thence North 60 degrees 48 minutes 30 seconds East a distance of 353.02 feet to a point marked by a 2 ½ inch g.i.p.; thence North 77 degrees 37 minutes 07 seconds East a distance of 242.82 feet to a point marked by a railroad iron; thence North 01 degrees 20 minutes 39 seconds East a distance of 105.47 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar set; thence North 86 degrees 12 minutes 15 seconds East a distance of 245.87 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar; thence North 81 degrees 50 minutes 38 seconds East a distance of 97.98 feet to a point marked by a 2 ½ inch g.i.p.; thence south 74 degrees 54 minutes 29 seconds East a distance of 198.88 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar; thence South 54 degrees 47 minutes 33 seconds East a distance of 495.59 feet to a point marked by a 1 ½ inch pipe; thence South 14 degrees 23 minutes 18 seconds East a distance of 326.22 feet to a point marked by a 2 ½ inch g.i.p.; thence South 06 degrees 01 minutes 09 seconds East a distance of 337.21 feet to a point marked by a PK nail in the north bound lane of U.S. Hwy. 29; thence South 16 degrees 04 minutes 51 seconds West a distance of 262.71 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar set; thence South 50 degrees 19 minutes 37 seconds West distance of 115.31 feet to a point and marked by 4 ½ rebar; thence South 44 degrees 54 minutes 09 seconds East a distance of 278.29 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar set; thence South 13 degrees 36 minutes 09 seconds East a distance of 247.00 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar set; thence South 00 degrees 16 minutes 51 seconds West a distance of 443.00 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar set; thence along the meandering contour line elevation 655 a distance of 2000 feet, more or less, to a point on the west right of way line of Interstate 85, said point being South 44 degrees 08 minutes 56 seconds East a distance of 314.30 feet from the previously described point; thence along a curve to the left in the west right of way line of Interstate 85, a chord bearing of South 25 degrees 24 minutes 09 seconds West a chord distance of 162.40 feet, an arc distance of 162.42 feet, and a radius of 3167.5 feet to a point; thence along a curve to the left in the west right of way line of Interstate 85 a chord bearing of South 20 degrees 31 minutes 09 seconds West, a chord distance of 377.30 feet, an arc distance of 377.52 feet and a radius of 3167.5 to a point; thence along the west right of way line of Interstate 85 South 16 degrees 43 minutes 27 seconds West, through a 2 ½ inch g.i.p. At a distance of 1186.71 feet, a total distance of 2617.86 to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar set on the west right of way line of Interstate 85 said point also being North 29 degrees 14 minutes 17 seconds West a distance of 54.30 feet from a 2 inch pipe within the right of way of Interstate 85; thence North 29 degrees 14 minutes 17 seconds West a distance of 526.83 feet to a point marked by a 2 ½ inch g.i.p.; thence North 59 degrees 12 minutes 52 seconds West through a point marked by a ½ inch rebar set on the east right of way line of the Southern Railroad right of way at a distance of 1936.28 feet, a total distance of 1993.13 feet to a point marked by a stone; thence North 32 degrees 09 minutes 28 seconds East a distance of 2182.57 feet to a point; thence North 45 degrees 10 minutes 35 seconds East a distance of 463.00 feet to a point; thence North 52 degrees 10 minutes 25 seconds West a distance of 15.50 feet to a point; thence North 42 degrees 42 minutes 35 seconds East a distance of 100.36 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar found which is the POINT OF BEGINNING. Less and except the parcel of land containing 0.29 acre, more or less, belonging to Yadkin United Methodist Church which is more particularly described as follows: Beginning at the N.C.G.S. Monument "Sign" having NAD 83 coordinates N: 718,945.20 and E: 1,586,373.38, said point being the POINT OF COMMENCEMENT; thence North 58 degrees 37 minutes 19 seconds West a distance of 1638.84 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar on the northwest right of way line of U.S. Hwy. 29; thence North 18 degrees 25 minutes 02 seconds East a distance of 534.79 feet to a point marked by a 2 ½ inch g.i.p. Said point being the POINT OF BEGINNING for this parcel; thence North 79 degrees 00 minutes 52 seconds West a distance of 170.01 feet to a point marked by a 2 ½ inch g.i.p.; thence North 10 degrees 39 minutes 51 seconds East a distance of 75.00 feet to a point; thence South 79 degrees 00 minutes 52 seconds East a distance of 170.01 feet to a point; thence South 10 degrees 39 minutes 51 seconds West a distance of 75.00 feet to a point, said point being the POINT OF BEGINNING. Also, less and except the parcel of land containing 1.79 acres, more or less, belonging to Southern Railroad which is more particularly described as follows: Beginning at the N.C.G.S. Monument "Sign" having NAD 83 coordinates N: 718,945.20 and E: 1,586,373.38, said point being the POINT OF COMMENCEMENT; thence North 58 degrees 37 minutes 19 seconds West a distance of 1638.84 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar on the northwest right of way line of U.S. Hwy. 29; thence North 65 degrees 43 minutes 43 seconds East a distance of 1093.03 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar set on the southeast right of way line of Southern Railroad, said point being the POINT OF BEGINNING; thence along the chord of a curve in the southeast right of way of Southern Railroad South 50 degrees 19 minutes 37 seconds West, passing through a ½ inch rebar set at 115.31 feet, a total distance of 1433.61 feet to a point on the southeast right of way of Southern Railroad; thence along a curve to the right in the southeast right of way line of Southern Railroad an arc distance of 1445.91 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar set, said curve having a chord bearing of North 50 degrees 19 minutes 37 seconds East, a chord distance of 1433.61 feet, and a radius of 3194.98 feet, said point being the POINT OF BEGINNING. Less and except the parcel of land containing 2.807 acres, more or less, belonging to Aurora Motorsports and being more particularly described as follows: Beginning at a ½ inch rebar found on the northwest side of U.S. Highway 29, said point being North 58 degrees 37 minutes 20 seconds West a distance of 1638.95 feet from NC Grid Monument "Sign"; thence North 47 degrees 15 minutes 25 seconds West a distance of 261.27 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar on the east right of way line of Hunter Street; thence along a curve to the left in the east right of way line of Hunter Street, an arc length of 54.25 feet to a point, said curve having the radius of 242.10 feet, a chord bearing of North 16 degrees 37 minutes 59 seconds East and a chord distance of 54.14 feet; thence continuing along the east right of way line of Hunter Street North 10 degrees 12 minutes 49 seconds East a distance of 131.70 feet to a point; thence continuing along a curve to the left in the east right of way line of Hunter Street an arc distance of 135.94 feet, said curve having a radius of 305.52 feet, a chord bearing of North 02 degrees 34 minutes 31 seconds West and a chord distance of 134.82 feet; thence continuing along the east right of way line of Hunter Street North 15 degrees 21 minutes 51 seconds West a distance of 29.49 feet to a point which marks the intersection of the east right of way line of Hunter Street and the south right of way line of Piedmont Avenue; thence along the south right of way line of Piedmont Avenue South 79 degrees 01 minutes 08 seconds East a distance of 332.74 feet to a point marked by a 2 inch pipe which is also the intersection of the south right of way line of Piedmont Avenue and the west right of way line of NC Finishing Lane; thence along the west right of way line of NC Finishing Lane; thence along the west right of way line of NC Finishing Lane South 10 degrees 41 minutes 24 seconds West a distance of 363.34 feet to a point on the north side of US Hwy. 29; thence along the north side of US Hwy. 29 South 42 degrees 18 minutes 40 seconds West a distance of 137.21 feet to a point marked by a ½ inch rebar, said point being the Point of Beginning. The above-described real property will be sold "AS IS, WHERE IS." Neither the Substitute Trustee nor the holder of the note secured by the Deed of Trust being foreclosed nor the officers, directors, attorneys, employees, agents or authorized representatives of either the Substitute Trustee or the holder of the note make any representation or warranty relating to the title or any physical, environmental, health or safety conditions existing in, on, at or relating to the real property being sold, and any and all responsibilities or liabilities arising out of or in any way relating to any such conditions expressly are disclaimed. An Order for Possession of the property may be issued pursuant to G.S. 45-21.29 in favor of the purchaser and against the party or parties in possession by the Clerk of Superior Court of the County in which the property is sold. Any person who occupies the property pursuant to a rental agreement entered into or renewed on or after October 1, 2007, may, after receiving the Notice of Sale, terminate the rental agreement upon ten (10) days written notice to the landlord. The notice shall also state that upon termination of a rental agreement, the tenants are liable for rent due under the rental agreement prorated to the effective date of the termination. The record owner of the above-described real property as reflected on the records of the Rowan County Register of Deeds not more than ten (10) days prior to the posting of this notice is High Rock Properties, LLC. Pursuant to North Carolina General Statute Section 45-21.10(b), any successful bidder may be required to deposit with the Substitute Trustee immediately upon conclusion of the sale a cash deposit of the greater of five percent (5%) of the last bid or $750.00. Any successful bidder shall be required to tender the full balance purchase price so bid in cash or certified check at the time the Substitute Trustee tenders to him a deed for the property or attempts to tender such deed, and should said successful bidder fail to pay the full balance purchase price so bid at that time, he shall remain liable on his bid as provided for in North Carolina General Statutes §45-21.30(d) and (e). The owner and holder of the indebtedness secured by the Deed of Trust may make a credit bid. This sale will be held open ten (10) days for upset bids as required by law. THIS the 31st day of March, 2010. David T. Simpson, Jr., Substitute Trustee, Gerdes, Mason & Simpson, LLP, 216 North McDowell Street, Suite 110, Post Office Box 30068, Charlotte, North Carolina 28230, Telephone: (704) 372-3180, Facsimile: (704) 343-2942
    Published: 4/22/2010

And for those of you who think Frank McGuire and his daughter, Ellen McGuire Loncz, are broke and can't afford to pay people back:

http://site9664.wedshare.com/familyandfriends.html

Bet that wedding wasn't cheap.

11. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    ^^^^ Cliff's notes version???

12. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
  13. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    http://shopping.salisburypost.com/class/ClassifiedAds.aspx?scid=0510
    Top notice

No. 59955 NOTICE OF EXECUTION SALE OF REAL PROPERTY STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA IN THE GENERAL COURT OF JUSTICE COUNTY OF ROWAN SUPERIOR COURT DIVISION File 09cvs2523 ANTHONY FLORES, D.V.M., PHD, Plaintiff, - VS - HIGH ROCK PROPERTIES, LLC, Defendant UNDER AND BY VIRTUE of a judgment and execution issued by the above named court in the above-entitled action on the 6th day of April in the year 2010, directed to the undersigned Sheriff from the Superior Court of ROWAN County, I will offer for sale to the highest bidder for cash whatever right, title, and interest, the judgment debtor owns or may own in the following described real property which is subject to sale under execution. This judgment was docketed on the 25th day of September in the year of 2009 and at which time the said real property was in the name of the defendant. The highest bidder at the sale will be required to make a cash deposit in the amount of 20% of the bid. This sale shall be held on the 4th day of June in the year 2010 at 11:00 o'clock a.m., at the following location: Rowan County Courthouse in Salisbury, NC (inside) as designated by the Clerk of Superior Court. This sale shall be made subject to all liens, mortgages, easements, encumbrances, unpaid taxes and special assessments which were or became effective on the record prior to the lien of the judgment under which this sale is being held. There is a deed of trust or mortgage on file with the Register of Deeds on this property. The judgment debtor has not claimed his/her exemptions in this real property. The real property being sold is described as that certain tract(s) of land lying and being in Salisbury Township, Rowan County: All that tract or parcel of land, lying and being in Salisbury Township, Rowan County, North Carolina containing 201 acres, more or less, and being more particularly described as follows: For further description of property see Deed Book 1103 Page 476 of the Rowan County Register of Deeds. Judgment amount: Principal due $ 25,000.00 Interest due through 06/04/10 $ 328.77 Court Cost and atty. fee $ 175.00 Other fees $ 1,868.49 Sheriff's Commission $ 696.81 Total $ 28,069.17 Also there will be the cost for the auctioneer and cost for the ad in the Salisbury Post Newspaper. Bidders are responsible for doing their own research. Property sold as is with no warranties or certifications being issued. This the 7th day of May in the year 2010. Sale will be conducted by McDaniel Auction Company NCAL 48 Firm Lic. 8620 KEVIN L AUTEN, Sheriff By: B.C. BEBBER, DEPUTY SHERIFF J. L. MASON, MASTER DEPUTY ROWAN COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
    Published: 5/23/2010