High end tire mounting north metro? | FerrariChat

High end tire mounting north metro?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Luke Warmwater, Nov 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Luke Warmwater

Luke Warmwater Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    Looking for someone in the Westminster area to mount some tires. Recommendations?

2. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    "High end"

Discount tire has always done a great job for me... very careful and wonderful service.

3. Luke Warmwater

Luke Warmwater Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    Which one do you use Jason? I normally have them done at a shop in the springs but wanted to find some local for a quick mount for a test fit. They're 6 pin knocks just was a little concerned about handing it off to some kid at a chain.

4. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    I recently new tires/wheels installed on my 360 @ the Discount Tire @ Woodmen and Powers (next to Home Depot). They did a superb job.
    The manager did all of the work himself, and really took good care of the car.
    His name is "Ernie" Pino.

(posted because I saw you mentioned the springs....)

5. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I have used various Discount tires an Big O stores for tire mounting on both Ferraris and Porsches, all with good results. Be sure to tell them no impact wrenches. Also, if you are bringing the car in and not just the wheels, be sure you know where the jack points are and supervise. I have found that getting road force balancing is worth the few extra bucks.

Dave

6. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    I use the one off Baptist Rd and I 25. Unbelievable service. Years ago my Testarossa had a wobble and I swung by Discount Tire, they quickly determined it was a bent wheel. The manager of the store handled the whole problem. They jacked the car by hand, removed and sent off the wheels for a complete restoration, stored the car for three days under close watch and replaced the tires on the new rims. They even drove me home . Very pleased with them and their care for my car.