HGTE Wheel | FerrariChat

HGTE Wheel

Discussion in '612/599' started by BobH, Apr 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BobH

BobH F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Morristown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Robert H
    The pothole infested roads of the Northeast finally took its toll on one of my front rims.

The barrel of the HGTE rim has a rolled lip and the repair shops I have contacted don't want to touch it. I contacted OZ in Canada and they only handle race rims and not OEM. I've searched a variety of sites but the only one I have found with any inventory is in the UK. The wheel holds air but I would rather not have any unpleasant surprises. Any thoughts where I might find one of these unicorns?

2. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Check with these guys to be sure it cannot be repaired. They are the experts.

Ye Old Wheel Shop
    6363 Washington Blvd.
    Elkridge, MD 21227
    410-796-8400
    800-526-8260

George Vosburgh likes this.
  4. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I have a complete set but unfortunately in the UK as well ...

5. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

This was my next thought.

6. BobH

BobH F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Morristown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Robert H
    Thank you all for your input. I was aware of Eurospares but the exchange rate and shipping just took my breath away. Normally I am in the UK every quarter but for the last year or so I haven't been anywhere so the shipping was another hiccup. I'll try the folks in Maryland and see what they have to say.

George Vosburgh likes this.
  7. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
  8. BobH

BobH F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Morristown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Robert H
    I am currently trying to do the repair vs replace route but I may run out of the first option very quickly. I am traveling right now but will visit Classic Coach in Edison NJ and Ferrari of Central NJ for their opinion. I have also sent a note to the folks at Ye Olde Wheel Shop to see if they think it can be repaired. Once again thank you to all that have offered advice or help.DZ-96, Tazandjan, George V and odf911

599_GTO and George Vosburgh like this.