Hey from Providence | FerrariChat

Hey from Providence

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SteveRI, Mar 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SteveRI

SteveRI Rookie

Mar 2, 2018
    Providence RI
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hi all, new guy from Providence here. I've told everyone that after 5 decades playing around with cars, "learning Ferrari" is both intimidating and exhilarating. Feels like I'm 14 years old again, my nose pressed up against the garage window, thrilled and trying to figure out what the hell's going on! So this board is great resource, thanks to all that contribute!

I started with Camaros and Mustangs, then got my first Porsche in 88 and never looked back. Most recently I fell in love with Lotus, both the cars and Colin Chapman's philosophy, snagging one of the first Elise when they came back to the US, and moving up to an Evora when they came out. After driving a Quattroporte GTS for the past couple years, with a Ferrari-built twin turbo V8 power plant that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, I thought maybe it's time to get a Ferrari.

Also in the garage - 89 3.2L G50 Carrera, Fiat Abarth C, Honda S2000, Ford F-150, and Chrysler Pacifica. Gonna sell one or two and hopefully make room for a Ferrari

Steve

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Welcome to F chat Steve ;)
    Yes .....with your history as stated, time to quit looking and start buying.
    The smile these cars put on your face can last for days.

3. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Welcome Steve, I'm Steve! I mess around with cars, and have for probably 30 years. I made the jump about 6 months ago, and it's been awesome. In addition to the feeling of "Holy @#$% I own a Ferrari", it has led to meeting some of the nicest, coolest, down to earth people I know (on the forum and in person)

400 miles into my 348 ownership and I still smile and laugh as I accelerate on to the freeway. "WHAT A MACHINE!"

sjd