Here's a pic of me pulling the engine out of my 612 yesterday! | Page 47 | FerrariChat

Here's a pic of me pulling the engine out of my 612 yesterday!

Discussion in '612/599' started by trygve11, Jul 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Hugely impressive work on both cars! As someone who is pretty useless at working on cars I find this sort of dedication and skill amazing!

4rextc likes this.
  2. devil boy

devil boy Karting

Apr 21, 2014
    Bath, UK
    why does it say that user trygve11 (the original starter of thread) is banned? Did i miss something?

Boomhauer likes this.
  3. Smart4400

Smart4400 Rookie

Jan 14, 2014
    Another potential rescue....

4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I too would like to know what's up with the ban. Don't see any reason for it in this thread.

5. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    He was perma banned on his old account and instead of contacting FChat admins to be allowed back he made a new account. That shows intentional deception and while he does seem to be great at what he does, he needs to follow the rules like everyone else.

At least thats how i see it

G. Pepper likes this.
  6. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Jerry, you are not wrong but he is not the first to create an alias and he gave him self up in this thread so I'd argue deception being his objective.

7. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    last 'original' post as user 'tryqvell' on Jun 15, 2016 , post #1131
    how do you get banned writing a great resto thread? I haven't read anything suspicious or questionable.
    promoting his business or what?
    http://www.royalautowerks.com/

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think he was advertising his new business without paying a sponsor fee.

Boomhauer and G. Pepper like this.
  9. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    ooooooooookay, not fair to those who do

10. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I dont think deception was his objective, but I think it was a conscious tool used to continue to promote his company. That is deceptive by my definition.

Ive never considered the 'but others have done it' to be a valid defense. Some slip under the radar, some work out back room deals. He obviously did neither.

11. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I've done a little business with Jason and spoken with him a few times. He grew up an hour away from me. My impression of him is very good. I don't want to get deep into this publicly but I've asked Rob to look into this as I belive Jason is a good guy and threads like this are very important to Fchat as they are related to car restoration.

I only know one side of the story and that is Jason's that he made exactly one commercial post out of being naive and he owns it. So, "continuing to promote his company" is false from what I understand, perhaps I am wrong?

Remember, I am a sponsor and I'm pretty tough on non- sponsor promotion as it's not fair to anyone who pays. But, a fair warning is cool in my book as many just don't understand the commercial nature of this forum as I didn't from the start.

Jerry, please don't take this wrong but you have many threads on this forum about your business(s). I know those are mostly advice seeking but in a way it does highlight what you offer. My point is, it's not black and white IMO.

12. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Im not taking your last sentence wrong but to me its apples to oranges.

And Jason may be the nicest guy in the world. Doesnt mean he isnt guilty of what the Admins claim. And personally Ive found over the years that Yin is the most level headed person here, so if he believes a ban is in order I will always side with him

13. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    #1163 Dave rocks, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Jason has told me he made one post regarding belts and a cost to do the service. He now understands that was wrong but he says he was naive about it and I belive it because many are. The old software had a website field in the profile page. You could have listed your collectable company, maybe you did. I know of nothing that would block someone from listing their shop or other business their. Why have the field? This site was, not long ago, looking to expand sponsorship beyond car stuff. It's just grey.

Jason has no recollection of any warnings. He and I wonder if they were in the form of a PM that he could not access once banned. Others in this thread also don't recall the commercial postings.

I have total respect for Yin. Just stating Jason's side.

Again, I have no skin in this aside from enjoying my chats with Jason and his contributions here which I feel are very valuable to the core purpose of Ferrari Chat, much more than off topic threads (even when I enjoy those)

Doyle, lee-o, Jaguar36 and 1 other person like this.
  14. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    In don’t know the details obviously, but I think you’ve got to give someone fair warning before you go nuclear.

Dave rocks likes this.
  15. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Is there not a reprieve for those who made a mistake? I understand he marketed his skills/shop but let's face it, he took on a task most seasoned mechanics and shops cringe at (flood car). I think he brings a wealth of knowledge in taking a flood totaled F-car to our forums and his processes were VERY well documented. Is there ANY way to warn him with caveat that any other promoting, or new account shenanigans, will result in a perma-ban forever? Just my 2¢

lee-o, davidoloan, m5shiv and 5 others like this.
  16. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    I'm writing in support of Jason. He has helped me fix issues in my 612 for no payment .

lee-o, Dave rocks and Makuono like this.
  17. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    A guy that can restore a 612 from hydrolocked motor to a simple dollar fix on the $1000 window switches, multi thread of the month winner, should be granted permanent consultant status for his value to the community, not banned because he dared advertise his terrific services. Should get a slap on the wrist and a pass. This isn't some dime a dozen used car salesman trying to get around advertising guidelines. This is a guy with an almost unique skill set and offering, and inspiring as well.

Radu, lee-o, 4rextc and 5 others like this.
  18. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Absolutely. That's why he got fair warning before any ban was applied.

An explanation was posted elsewhere, and I don't think the attending moderator will mind me assisting, so I'll give you a version here too. Here's the moderation log:

27th October 2015: trygve11 was given a warning for 3 commercial violations (posts which promoted, or encouraged users to contact, his shop).

27th September 2016: the same moderator noticed another post promoting his shop, and furthermore found that trygve11 had filled in profile info that promoted his shop. The mod sent trygve11 another warning note and provided directions for cleaning up his profile with a deadline. The deadline passed, after which the mod banned him with the following message:

"Commercial post by non-sponsor; non-sponsor with commercial content in profile. Contact [email protected] to discuss consideration for reinstatement. with removal of all commercial content."

The ban message clearly states that there's opportunity for reinstatement under the condition that he accepts cleanup of the commercial content and it provides the contact address to initiate the process.

So trygve11 has had multiple violations, fair warning, and was provided with a clear process to be reinstated the entire time. Instead of following this process to work with FerrariChat, he decided to circumvent the applied ban by creating a second account - this was later also banned and his posts were merged with his original account. Still deciding not to follow the process for reinstatement, he then created a third account, which was banned prior to any posts being made.​

There is a clear path for requesting reinstatement: he must contact [email protected] himself to discuss the situation. All these appeals on his behalf and/or testimonies to his character will achieve nothing. The ball is in his court and nobody else can play it for him. The best thing you guys can do to try to get him back on the site is to encourage him to initiate the appeal process that was provided all along by the attending moderator.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

All the best,
    Andrew.

George Vosburgh and brogenville like this.
  19. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Jason has been in contact with Rob. He also looked up his old emails from the initial ban and was in contact with Rob at that time as well. Last I knew, Jason is awaiting a reply from Rob

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  20. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    OK. Nothing more to do then. We await the decision.

All the best,
    Andrew.

21. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    It does. SMH

22. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I'm hoping Rob will allow him back on without becoming a sponsor. His business is very small and I do believe he wants to consider sponsorship at a latter time but would like to be unbanned on good will so he can continue to contribute to the forum. I believe he is sincere in all respects.One other point I will make regarding this statement:

Jason does not recall this PM and believes he just did not login during the time frame (deadline). Not all of us are here multiple times a day ;) :D

23. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    How much is a sponsorship? I was told once by a sponsor that it is very expensive, but I didn't ask how much he paid. Are there different tiers of sponsorship?

Now if a sponsor has a business where the customer base is nationwide or even worldwide, a high sponsorship cost can be supported. However, in Jason's case where he simply has a local workshop, his customer base is reasonably limited to about a 100 mile radius. Certainly a customer can ship a car 2500 miles to him, but that is not going to be a frequent occurrence.

I have to admire Dave's stance on this considering he is a paying sponsor. I know from reading his posts and other's posts about his service, that basically people can ship him parts to be refinished from virtually anywhere. I think he realizes Jason is not in this situation.

Just my 2 cents, but I'm biased because early on in this thread Jason helped me gratis with a fix for a broken window switch on my 612.

lee-o likes this.
  24. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek

Thanks, Paul.

Sponsorship rates should not be openly discussed. We find value and that's why we are here. Fchat offers regional sponsorship too.

NeuroBeaker and Makuono like this.
  25. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Someone this talented with a business this fledgling, maybe Fchat could sponsor HIM by letting him operate like a sponsor until his business is off the ground and he can pay it back? Obviously something better broached prior to pissing off management, nonetheless he's obviously the kind of talent the community needs to promote. Certainly would appreciate seeing some Fchat benevolence in this case.

Doyle, brogenville, lee-o and 2 others like this.