Heres a great Photog! | FerrariChat

Heres a great Photog!

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by msdesignltd, Sep 16, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    #2 V-TWELVE, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    You should check out Roberto Dutesco and his Sable exhibit.

The Wild Horses of Sable Island | index

My grandmother grew up on Sable. She and her brother both had horses on the island they had tamed. It was not allowed to take horses off the island but my grandmother threatened to ride off with her horse Prince and never be found. Prince ended up making the trip with the family back to Halifax.

2. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #3 msdesignltd, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #4 msdesignltd, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    Wow, they look like some of the same horses, they must be as they are limited on the uninhabited island..
    Different post production techniques..

I for one would love to go with my Nikon!
    best lens would be 70 - 200 2.8maybe even a tilt shift..that would make for toy horses.

seems that many have made the trek
    http://www.sableislandhorses.ca/category/sable-island-2012-expedition/
    Does anyone make a zoom with an F rating of .95....?

4. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Yes the Sable horse has become its own mixed breed with horses brought to the island and ones that came ashore with shipwrecks over the years. The herd maintains (with no assistance allowed by man) at anywhere from 250 to 450 depending on food supply and winter conditions ect... My wife could not believe how different wild horses behave compared to the tame ones we see every day. Many of the horses have never seen people before and are not afraid as a result. Parks Canada makes you stay at least 20 meters away from them at all times. Sable Island is one of the strangest places on earth with essentially no impact from man(there are only about 5 or 6 people on the island at any one time).

It is quite expensive to get there (you have to charter a plane or boat and get permission) but a dream for any photographer or explorer. It was on the bucket lists of my wife and sister and they wanted to make the journey while Zoe Lucas is still there. Zoe has spent much of her life researching the island and it's horses. In the late 90's she found the grave site of my great uncle who died as a child and is buried on the island. Zoe took my wife and sister to the general area of the site but did not find it. It's basically impossible with the constantly shifting sands.

5. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Unbelievable shot!

6. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael