Here we go... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Here we go...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ScuderiaRossa, Sep 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ambassiatore

Ambassiatore Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    I stay corrected then about the hemmingway quote...I´ll google it first next time.

And well, as long as we have no hard proof what I say or everyone else here is just that...delicious speculation, venting...call it what you will, I just hate that my worthy enemy has done it...

And I MEAN IT, if everything comes out ,and it was as dirty as speculated, then I feel SAD because I gave them the benefit of the doubt for long...and blamed Ferrari on many issues around the development of the car...

UNTIL they found out about Coughlan...and that for ME, an INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER, is already proof enough to dismmiss McLaren progress under the MCLiaren, McCheaters, Mc whatever into the same...

PLAIN AND ILLEGAL ESPIONAGE...

AND THAT PATRIC HEAD WAS RIGHT...if the team that gives me headaches every sunday has to cheat to give me them...then I´m in a different series.

...if you dont wanna rush arguments, I cant see why you take the time to join or read this forums...but well, that´s the beauty of the internet isnt it?

2. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    This may very well be the first time you and I agree on something, I better mark this down on my calender :) Let us wait and see what happens tomorrow and what the evidences are, if FIA will be kind enough to share it/them with the rest of the world.

We will never know, sound and reasonable cases can be made both ways. No matter what the verdict is tomorrow, IMO, the 2007 Championship is completely tainted beyond repair.

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    So what is it called when someone gives you a thing that is stolen and you accecpt it? bad gifting????

Its not a real victory for Ferrari because they did not perform on the track. Everyone knows Mclaren had the best car & drivers. so yes Ferrari could be world champions but its a very hollow victory. Its not like the TDF.... if a guy is doping... then he is illegally boosting his performance... so you are not truly competing apples to apples... in this case IF Mclaren accecpted the drawings, used the info to build a better car within the rules - they just built a better car... the issue here is that a team used stolen proprietary designs... or so potentially we are led to beleive. thats why its not a real victory in my book... I guess if you look at it Ferrari would have been dominate if Mclaren were not in championship at all.

I really think its a load of crap they way F-1 has become.

4. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i just think it's not right, if Mac are found to be guilty, to exclude them in the championship this year and next year. Like Phil said, deduct the points this season, and banish them from quali next season. they gotta start at the back of pack every race next season, instead of excluding them outta the championship.

5. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    This is my biggest beef with Todt. There are many times when he has been the lone holdout in a decision that screwed everyone. The way the concorde agreement is written, if all the teams agree to something, it supersedes the FIA's opinion. There were multiple issues that all teams agreed to, but Mosley did not. Ferrari would hold out and abstain from voting, and because it was not a unanimous decision, it went back to the FIA who did it their way. Then Todt would claim the higher ground and say "it was not our decision, it was the FIA's" - as if anyone is stupid enough not to see through it. Indy 2005 was another example of this.

On the one hand, why *should* Ferrari compromise to help others out in a competitive situation - but on the other hand there is the kind and compassionate thing to do and whats best for the fans. When I would race I would give parts or tools to competitors to keep them running, and if they beat me they did it on the track. I personally think pointing to rules to win is pretty chickenpoop*

*this does not apply to having your engineering info stolen, and if Mac did that then they should pay

6. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    So true and so disappointing. Mosley also has a beef with Ron Dennis and he makes no bones about it.

7. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    How do you figure it was designed to hurt Ferrari?

No team was closer to their tire supplier than Ferrari was to Michelin. No team had more support than Ferrari from Bridgestone. No team had more testing data than Ferrari with Bridgestone. When the tire rule took effect, nobody was better equipped to accomodate it than Ferrari/Bridgestone, no? I think its revisionist history to say it was aimed at Ferrari. Sure, it hurt them more in the end but I dont think that was the designed outcome by any means.

8. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    One day
    you'll look,
    to see I've gone....
    for tomorrow may rain,
    so I'll follow the sun....

RD

9. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    11 am thursday here. i suppose i'll only know about the verdict later tonight.

10. 328Matt

328Matt Karting

Dec 3, 2003
    Lymm,Cheshire
    Full Name:
    Matt
    tick,tick,tick......like waiting for the kettle to boil! Pity they could not televise the meeting-bet it would bring the best f1 viewing figures of the year.

11. Brakefade

Brakefade Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Luis
  12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Using Lewis? RD the man with the power resulting to a media darling for his defense. How pathetic. Lewis is a cog in the wheel nothing more. A driver. If this is true they have no case or shame. This will end poorly for Mclaren I hope and feel. Using Lewis is surely a sign of that. I would think RD's wife would be a more valuable character witness than a rookie groomed to espouse RD speak on command.
    One would suspect that Alonso would make the more compelling witness as reigning WDC. I guess he is not silly enough to be part of this spectacle. Lest we forget the facts, 700 documents from Ferrari and Mclaren have not FIRED its criminal actor and chief designer. They get what they deserve today if the punishment be harsh.
    We shall see....................