355 - Help with wheel protection caps needed | FerrariChat

355 Help with wheel protection caps needed

Discussion in '348/355' started by 05elise, Mar 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I am missing 3 of the inner wheel protection caps for my stock 355 wheels which I am guessing were tossed out during a tire change sometime in the past. These are Ferrari part number 167137 that they call "Rim Complete Protection" and they are the black plastic center caps that fit into the inside of the center of the wheel with an o-ring to seal them in place. I have tried to order them through the regular parts vendors but always find they are out of stock or N/A. Does anyone know where I can buy them either new or used?

Dan

2. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I just bought some last year new from either Ricambi or Superperformance, not sure. I can check my receipts later to confirm.

3. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

4. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
  5. blox79

blox79 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    Germany
    Ok thank you. I didn't know this caps exist as i have an early 355

MAD828 likes this.
  6. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Yes, I have all four of those large rubber sealing rings and need the inner hub center sealing caps.

7. ycmlda

ycmlda Rookie

Nov 25, 2020
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Have you tried Eurospares? Their website shows they have stock.

8. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I thought I had tried them, but when I went to their site just now and ordered the caps the order went through. Hopefully they don't send me a message they actually don't have them. Thanks!

9. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I just received an email that they only have two in stock and the third one has been special ordered and they won't ship until they receive special ordered one in a couple weeks. It's way better than them saying they are unavailable like everyone else I tried!

10. ycmlda

ycmlda Rookie

Nov 25, 2020
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Good to hear. Now I'll have to go check my wheels to see if any are missing!

11. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Dan,
    I checked my invoices to see where I purchased those caps part # 167137. It was Tom Vails All Ferrari parts. Hope this helps.

12. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Thanks, I'll check Tom Vails out too.

13. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I just received an update from Eurospares that they were unable to special order the one cap they did not have in stock because it is unavailable and they will send the two they have in stock. I just put in a request to Tom Vail's to see if they have the last one I need so hopefully they do.

14. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Tom Vail's got back to me right away and said they do not have any in stock nor can they order any. :(

If anyone knows where I can find one more of these caps please let me know. Thanks

15. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I'm still looking for one more of these #167137 protection caps. If anyone has one to sell or knows where I can get a new one, please let me know. Thanks!