Help needed please!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Help needed please!!

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by squidmark, Jul 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    My 365 has the strip at the very bottom of the rocker painted black, but no evidence of a stainless strip at the bottom of the door. If there were holes I would have found them as I have replaced both rockers

2. alastairhouston

alastairhouston Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    Russ
    sent you a pm though not sure you got it.
    So will say it loud your a bloody star, very thoughtful thank you very much indeed. Also thanks Howard.
    Please pm me your mailing address and i will get something off to you in return.
    I am literally tommorow about to put on the self etch primer and engine close to instalation so many hours (beers) work.
    Heres to the good guys I will let you know when I get the lens.
    All the best from Scotland
    Alastair

3. alastairhouston

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    Hello Howard
    how did you get on with the indicator lens? Ime still looking for one though also trying to find a solution to repolishing the inside of plastic/glass
    Regards
    Alastair

4. squidmark

squidmark Karting

Sep 11, 2011
    Oxford
    Full Name:
    Howard Dent
    Alastair - I now have a pair of front lenses courtesy of a very kind 'Highmiler' and a single one from 'rusty tractor', and although I haven't completed a restoration of one for mine I will of course pass on what I don't need to you. I've been flat out with hols/work etc and haven't been putting in the hours quite frankly, although I did strip off the orange lacquer from one lens in anticipation of recommencing labour! Give me a few days to finish off a lens and I'll post a pic - and the ones of the engine as I have started reassembly...
    Howard.

PS I used T-Cut and a toothbrush on the inside of the lens after stripping by the way.

5. alastairhouston

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    Good man that would be great.

I got the TAMIYA PS43 orange which is perfect, though i managed to wreck the inside of the lens by using too strong a cleaner! It will take some kind of industrial solution of polishing i think.

I am at the same point with the engine too it all takes a lot of time. I have gone as far as I can with the engine with my little knowledge so for the final getting running bit its going down to roseneath engineering

Ok thanks again Howard look forward to seing pics.
    Regards
    Alastair

6. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
  7. alastairhouston

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK