Help needed 599: Immobilizer Malfunction Issue | FerrariChat

Help needed 599: Immobilizer Malfunction Issue

Discussion in '612/599' started by Ducati348, Oct 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ducati348

Ducati348 Karting

May 15, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Alex Scroppo
    Hi all,

I just finished putting my 2011 599 HGTE back together after pulling the dashboard and having it recovered as well as having all of the sticky parts fixed. This entire process took about two months. During this time, the battery cutoff was engaged (not on charger but in car). I now have the interior back together and everything functions correctly EXECPT I now get an immobilizer malfunction error on the TFT and the light on the dash with a little lock symbol stays illuminated. The car will turn over but not start. I followed the procedure in the OM regarding reconnection of the battery but the fault remains. Has anyone experienced this issue? Any suggestions? Unfortunately, I only have a single key. The car was running perfectly prior to the two month interior refurbishment.

2. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Any chance you disturbed the immobiliser antennae on the steering column? If this isn’t picking up the RFID chip in the key, you’ll get the immobiliser fault.

Be worth scanning to see if any faults are listed on the body or instrument cluster ecu’s.

Not an ideal option, but as a backup, Trev360 on here developed an immobiliser delete ecu flash for another 612 owner which I tested working on my car. 599 should be a similar deal to issue.

If the car has somehow lost the pairing to this key (and in truth I can’t see how), you could go on through the process to re-pair them. You would need to go to someone with an SD3/Leonardo level tool to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

AClark likes this.
  3. Ducati348

Ducati348 Karting

May 15, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Alex Scroppo
    Thanks for the quick response. The antennae seems like a possibility. I’ll go pull the column apart to check. Do you know what the antennae looks like and where it’s located?

4. Ducati348

Ducati348 Karting

May 15, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Alex Scroppo
    The problem has been fixed. The wire to the immobilized antennae was disconnected. Thanks for the advice!!

brogenville and Makuono like this.
  5. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Can you show or describe the wire in question? mike

6. Ducati348

Ducati348 Karting

May 15, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Alex Scroppo
    The immobilizer antenna resides around the ignition module. At about the 9:00 position there is a connector that plugs into the antenna. The wire is a two position connector that plugs into the antenna. See attached picture. The blue circle shows the location of the connector in question and the red circle shows the location of the immobilizer antenna.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

599_GTO and brogenville like this.
  7. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Alex, very helpful for future reference. Mike